Is it just me or anyone noticed the improvement?
1174 9 2019-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

After updating to 1.08 I have noticed the image quality of both video and photo had improved. It is cleaner and sharpe(not sharperned by software but more detailed),especially when I open photos in computer and viewing on big screen the improvement is obvious, the edge of object is smoother, before the update the edges were jungle, I can easily spot alias on the edge, now it is much smoother and sharper.
2019-6-28
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Here is an example of the photo I took from old firmware, you can see the edge is not as smooth as it should be. It almost feels that the photo is writen in interlaced format, so the over all resolution would be smaller than 12m pixel. Now the pictures all show in full resolution, resulting in a more cleaner and sharper images. Anyone can compare the photos before and after in a big screen to notice those change. Good job DJI!
IMG_20190629_115403.jpg
2019-6-28
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

I went to a shower where I have taken picture using the 1.07 firmware before and put my OP at the same place and took some photos, using the exact same settings.  the lighting in the shower is the same, notice how the camera handle the straight line, 1.08 is much smoother.
comparison.jpg
2019-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Cool h. Thank you for sharing experience with us and your insight with the new firmware update. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2019-6-29
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-29 07:59
Hello and good day Cool h. Thank you for sharing experience with us and your insight with the new firmware update. Have a safe and happy filming always.

Thank you! For the improvement! I have a lot of fun taking pictures and videos.
2019-6-29
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

It is more obvious when compare the highlight area, the 1.08 took much smoother highlight and edges! The edges are also smoother in the darker area and hard to notice but overall the image is superior to the previous version, thanks DJI for improving the  image quality of both photos and videos!
2019-6-29
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

That is quite a compression difference.
They might changed image process.
I should check out my images too.
2019-6-29
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Tide Posted at 6-29 21:46
That is quite a compression difference.
They might changed image process.
I should check out my images too.
If you look carefully you should notice all those step shape pixels only line up vertically, I have an early conclusion that the camera compress the horizontal pixels and keeps the horizontal pixels in full resolution, in this way human eye won't see the difference with full resolution unless you h
put them side by side and compare. In old days there used to be some HD video saved in a similar way, for example 1080p can be saved as 960X1080 when play back you feel like it is in full HD,  if 4k video can save as 1920X2160 you actually don't feel the difference until one day you see a full resolution 4k video you would suddey feel much cleaner and sharper image
2019-6-29
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

cool h, from your first picture of the showerI would have said the improvement was just the difference in the diagonal angle - with 1.8 having less of an angle hence less of a pixel 'staircase' effect.

However with the second picture in post#6  1.8 has a great angle AND looks better, so I think you may have a point - the image processing is improved.
2019-6-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Cool h Posted at 6-29 19:19
Thank you! For the improvement! I have a lot of fun taking pictures and videos.

You are very much welcome Cool h. Have a safe and a happy filming always.
2019-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules