Still... J.E.L.L.O.....
1572 20 2019-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WestCoastCollab
lvl.2
Flight distance : 237792 ft
United States

The thread below will give you an idea of just how long this has been an issue. I originally sent my drone in back in late April early May after a crash. I had DJI Care Refresh so I didnt think that it was too much of a problem.

I went through the repair/replacment and received my "replacement" as they stated. First flight out upon returning, I knew something was a matter. The screen displayed a "Jello-ing" effect that makes it seem like your footage is rolling. I posted to this forum with that video and one of the moderators had it escalated.

Well needless to say, the "claim" as they called it was sent for work under warranty; why I am not sure as the original issue was a Care Refresh claim that wasnt properly repaired. So I spent an entire week calling EVERYDAY to make sure they were processing it as a Care Refresh "FIX" and not a warranty repair. Well I literally waited almost 4 entire weeks for it to be repaired. Oh by the way, they said nothing was wrong with it besides the gimbal casing was scratched. I repeatedly said they were wrong, as most of the reps I spoke too stated that it was not having issues with the repair team and they had given it a PASS.

I am so beyond frustrated as I recevied the drone finally today, Friday the 28th of June 2019. 25 days after I sent it for a "quick" repair. I lost money, a bunch of aerial photography jobs and weddings that I was unable to shoot because of shotty craftsmanship. The inability for the Care Refresh team to properly repair something and stand behind their products without asking for more money is past neglectful and demands a closer look by customers who receive a Care Refresh product.

In addition to the link for the original repair(s) I have included today's initial flight when I received it.

Sadly, this is disappointing once again because now if I send it back again, I will have to go through the same process and be without it again until the end of July.

You guys SUCK!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=192081

The Repair Process

The Repair Process
2019-6-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry to be reading all of the frustrations and troubles you had with your aircraft. We were able to pull up your previous cases using your Forum account. We'll have to check on this and forward to a team that is handling these types of cases for further assistance. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2019-6-29
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

It really depends on who is working on your product.  This is how it is in life.  It isn't put through 100% perfect AI analyzing every aspect and determining what is wrong.  We aren't there yet.  If people are lazy too check, they won't check.  If they know what is wrong but it will take a lot of work to make it Pristine perfect, they may not do it.  They have a lot of other drones to mess with too.  The techs are doing their job to get paid.  It doesn't matter to them if everything is fixed perfectly.  You should've had More skills before crashing your drone then this would have been avoided.

Expecting meticulous amounts of craftsmanship is beyond this level of service.  I assume Rolex is better but I'm not sure.  I saw Omega watches and the 0-second mark is not 100% perfect dead center.  $20k for a watch, you'd think at least that is nothing short of perfection but it's not.  The idea is to know what is possibly wrong and do it yourself.  When I got my used R6 motorcycle, I was fixing up it all the time the first weeks and months of having it.  Now it rides so good it's like an '18 bike.

Also, the bees flying that is pretty crazy.
2019-6-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Jello effect is causing by vibration in the camera, and in your case it is not all that bad. But it may be fixed by replacing the props or balancing them. This post deals with the issue: https://forum.dji.com/thread-34408-1-1.html
2019-6-29
Use props
WestCoastCollab
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 6-29 15:37
Jello effect is causing by vibration in the camera, and in your case it is not all that bad. But it may be fixed by replacing the props or balancing them. This post deals with the issue: https://forum.dji.com/thread-34408-1-1.html

Not for a professional filmmaker; this is absolutely unacceptable. Fuck DJI Support.
2019-7-3
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

You might be expecting too much from this level of aircraft/camera combination.  Have you done any investigation on the balance of your props, or the state of the gimbal and suspension system?  Sometimes it is due to packing foam being left in the gimbal plate, or installing more anti-drop pins than necessary (only 2 diagonally are required).  Are the rubber bumpers installed properly?  I found it hard to notice jello in the youtube video, if that s your target audience you may have to play with filters, shutter speeds and resolution to get a reasonable result.  Often problems are masked or introduced through youtube's re-encoding processes.  Also I would have expected a professional filmmaker to have a backup aircraft/parts in much the same way as they don't rely on having only one camera and lens.  Perhaps you were expecting Inspire performance and results, and a bigger platform would have provided the results you were seeking.
2019-7-3
Use props
WestCoastCollab
lvl.2
United States

I have tried all of the above mentioned steps; I think that a Phantom 3SE which is fairly close to a P4 if not better should hold its own. I had a Spark previously and the only stabilization issues were when I yawed which is to be expected from a two-axis gimbal.

I was shooting more acceptable footage in 1920x1080; especially at higher speeds such as 15mph and above. I rented a Phantom 3 standard and fell in love with how smooth it was; I mean the picture was so much better than my Spark, especially when doing "corkscrew" type moves and spinning smoothly.

So I appreciate your response, but I do expect a P3SE to perform the way it is intended to. I do realize that an Inspire1 would better serve my purposes, however the flight time on the batteries and double the price were my hang ups.
2019-7-3
Use props
WestCoastCollab
lvl.2
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 6-29 14:53
It really depends on who is working on your product.  This is how it is in life.  It isn't put through 100% perfect AI analyzing every aspect and determining what is wrong.  We aren't there yet.  If people are lazy too check, they won't check.  If they know what is wrong but it will take a lot of work to make it Pristine perfect, they may not do it.  They have a lot of other drones to mess with too.  The techs are doing their job to get paid.  It doesn't matter to them if everything is fixed perfectly.  You should've had More skills before crashing your drone then this would have been avoided.

Expecting meticulous amounts of craftsmanship is beyond this level of service.  I assume Rolex is better but I'm not sure.  I saw Omega watches and the 0-second mark is not 100% perfect dead center.  $20k for a watch, you'd think at least that is nothing short of perfection but it's not.  The idea is to know what is possibly wrong and do it yourself.  When I got my used R6 motorcycle, I was fixing up it all the time the first weeks and months of having it.  Now it rides so good it's like an '18 bike.

I get it. I just feel the need to vent my frustrations, as I cannot just drive to their repair shop and say "Hey WTF?"

The process is arduous; even when you pay for the extra protection they still make you jump through hoops to repair something that wasnt done right in the first place,

2019-7-3
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

WestCoastCollab Posted at 7-3 07:27
I get it. I just feel the need to vent my frustrations, as I cannot just drive to their repair shop and say "Hey WTF?"

The process is arduous; even when you pay for the extra protection they still make you jump through hoops to repair something that wasnt done right in the first place,

Yeah but even if we do ask for better service, they may not give it.  There are no standards at times for these things.  Super tolerance works only during the first few days of buying the product new, and this is if they honor it like Amazon.

I get worried about having Any service because it usually doesn't mean you will get it in Perfect condition.  Having things work out of the box is the best bet unless you have an insane amount of engineering knowledge to fix it yourself.  Some people swap out capacitors and other things, making what they bought perform better.
2019-7-3
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe when they build that new US DJI factory that was advertised we will have better service options? Sorry you are having issues.
2019-7-3
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you want total smoothness get a Mavic 2 Pro but then you risk having things in between the lens and the sensor as there seems to be a gap.  With the M2Z you don't get this issue but it's not a 1" sensor.  You can just get a P4P V2.0 like I did but if you fly every now and then it doesn't seem worth it.
2019-7-3
Use props
UAViator53
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 7-3 15:34
If you want total smoothness get a Mavic 2 Pro but then you risk having things in between the lens and the sensor as there seems to be a gap.  With the M2Z you don't get this issue but it's not a 1" sensor.  You can just get a P4P V2.0 like I did but if you fly every now and then it doesn't seem worth it.

Severe jello with an M600P and Z30. What should I work on?
2019-7-15
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

UAViator53 Posted at 7-15 11:24
Severe jello with an M600P and Z30. What should I work on?

Probably calibration.
2019-7-15
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

UAViator53 Posted at 7-15 11:24
Severe jello with an M600P and Z30. What should I work on?

1. Aircraft vibrations.
2. Gimbal suspension and vibration dampers.
2019-7-15
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 7-15 17:26
Probably calibration.

You can calibrate anything you like, upside down and sideways, but it will not fix jello. It is caused by vibration of the camera.
2019-7-15
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 7-15 21:55
You can calibrate anything you like, upside down and sideways, but it will not fix jello. It is caused by vibration of the camera.

Probs need to be immaculate w/ no imbalance to start.
2019-7-16
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Sweden

P3SE ????  Professional filmmaker ?  Sorry ... had to comment.

OK ... there is one area that I found caused jello on my P3S and I checked my P3P when I got that - it had similar but the P3P didn't suffer ... I corrected both ...

On the arm that is vertical holding the camera - the top pivot has a 'grubscrew' that secures it to the stub. The arm needs to be fully seated before tightening .. I found DJI did not seat this correctly. It was also found on another Phantom  of a pal of mine :

The arm was fitted and it had a miniscule movement that allowed camera to create jello ....

Here's the P3S that was terrible !!

Once I seated that arm - all jello was gone.

I have to be honest and say - the video in post #1 is reasonable and what I would usually expect from a P3 ... maybe I'm not seeing what others see ??

In my opinion ... The DJI Phantoms / Mavics are really high grade Hobby machines ... not professional grade machines.  
2019-7-16
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

solentlife Posted at 7-16 03:03
P3SE ????  Professional filmmaker ?  Sorry ... had to comment.

OK ... there is one area that I found caused jello on my P3S and I checked my P3P when I got that - it had similar but the P3P didn't suffer ... I corrected both ...

Really great advice, but you promised not to comment the level of OP's professionalism, didn't you ?
2019-7-16
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

I was having a bit of vibration issues the first month I had my P4P v2 and I eventually found out that I could decouple the gimbal movement from the yaw of the aircraft. This resulted in smoother yaw starts and stops and no more vibration.
2019-7-16
Use props
UAViator53
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 7-15 21:55

Thanks, that seems to be the consensus.
2019-7-16
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Sweden

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 7-16 10:55
Really great advice, but you promised not to comment the level of OP's professionalism, didn't you ?

DOH !! Did I forget !!

OOP'S

Just having fun. No disrespect intended.
2019-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules