Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Issues with P4P, would like to replace?
794 1 2019-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GottliebPins
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

In the past year I have purchased 3 Phantom 4 Pro's to replace aging Phantom 4 standards. And all three have had various mechanical issues. The first was a P4P v1 and the second a v2. The v1 had issues with video signal breaking up. Just sitting on the ground next to me the video would black out every few seconds. It's difficult to fly when you can't see anything for seconds at a time. The v2 had compass issues. It would NOT stay pointing in any direction. It would slowly rotate left or right and you had to do a compass calibration every time you moved to a new location. The third one I have now is also a v2. And all three of them had the same issue with the gimbal. No matter how slow you were going and how gradually you stopped going sideways, the gimbal always flops around ruining the video. It doesn't seem to be a problem going forward just sideways, like the camera is too heavy for the gimbal to handle. And sadly with the larger camera the image quality is terrible compared to the smaller P4 camera. It's burry and the shadows are too dark. I was able to tinker with the settings and make the shadows less dark and I tried using filters as some described. That just made the image quality worse. I only shoot in 1080p video so I don't know what the quality is in 4k. This is greatly disappointing. I got rid of the first two drones by selling them on eBay for basically half what I paid for them, and they were brand new. I am considering doing the same for this one. This should NOT be necessary. I bought this one hoping they had fixed these problems and becuase the model is being discontinued and my older drones are either disabled or getting very old now. And because I didn't want to have to buy all new batteries and get used to a new controller. I like using my iPad rather than a smaller screen. At this point I am done with the P4P's. If I could swap it out with one of the other smaller drones I would, even with the reasons I stated before. All I want is one that works and shoots the same quality video. Any suggestions?
2019-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi GottliebPins, we are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with Phantom 4 series drones, any chance to share with us a short video of the flip-around gimbal and the blurry video for further support?
2019-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules