How action handle close up shoot?
3175 8 2019-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

I've google the fixed focus lens which is the lens type osmo action use, WikiPedia says the type of fixed focus lens won't focus well on the object less than 6 feet away. I wonder how action actually perform in close up shoot?
2019-6-29
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

While not absolutely clear, this image was taken from about 2-3 inches.

2019-6-29
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

ff22 Posted at 6-29 21:05
While not absolutely clear, this image was taken from about 2-3 inches.

[view_image]

Impressive, though it is not in focus, think about most cameras includes some phones won't focus at this close too.
2019-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Cool h. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Action uses a prime lens with a clear focal distance from 0.3 m to infinity. That is, the targeted subject is clear when the distance between the lens and subject is more than 0.3 m, and the optimal imaging resolution can be obtained from 0.6 m to infinity. Thank you.
2019-6-30
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wish the minimum focus was less...say 4 or 5 inches
2019-7-1
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-30 11:43
Hello and good day Cool h. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Action uses a prime lens with a clear focal distance from 0.3 m to infinity. That is, the targeted subject is clear when the distance between the lens and subject is more than 0.3 m, and the optimal imaging resolution can be obtained from 0.6 m to infinity. Thank you.

Thank you for detailed specs,!
2019-7-3
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

Action cameras are fixed fosus, so its not a matter of it can it is a matter of how it is focused and what the lens allow.
A auto focus mechanism in a action camera i am sure will be killed by the action sooner or later.

I used a pocket camera on my 660 CCM Yamaha quad bike, after 30 minutes of use auto focus was gone and lens not able to fold down when you shut off the camera, and the sound had some sort of constant noise that did not sound like the 1 cylinder 4 stroke engine.

You can refocus any fix focus lens to near or further out or its indented focus range, you can also replace the lens with one thats actually made for macro photography / filming, but its not like changing a lens on a Dslr camera.
2019-7-3
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Taiwan

Cool! Thanks for all the informations and advices,
2019-7-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Cool h Posted at 7-3 03:55
Thank you for detailed specs,!

You are very much welcome Cool h. If you have any other inquiries or concern with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2019-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules