Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
UAV App not accurate
927 6 2019-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8001404 ft
Philippines

Sharing my experience.
Yesterday I did not fly because when I wanted to early in the morning UAV said there were only 5, 6 or 7 satelites locked up until 2PM. Then it was raining. This morning UAV said only 10 satelites locked. I wanted 11, but decided to go out anyway and see what showed up on my Smart Controller. After starting everything up I got a green GPS System Status. My GPS Signal Strength was 5 bars with 22 satelites. UAV was way off. It's wind speed and temperature are usually not correct either.

Anybody think there is a better App to get pre-flight conditions from?  

2019-6-30
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha RBT,

Our drones use GPS and GLONASS.  You are probably just getting GPS on UAV.  BTW, what is UAV other than "Unmanned Aerial Vehicle"?

You need to use and turn on the full DJI product to get the actual number of satellites.  Also, being indoors reduces the number of satellites that can be detected, so your test has to be outdoors for a proper test.  But you can try indoors and if enough show, you know there will be more when you get outside.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-7-1
Use props
nilsonleow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136680 ft
Ukraine

Turn it on...

2019-7-1
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Philippines

Cetacean Posted at 7-1 00:20
Aloha RBT,

Our drones use GPS and GLONASS.  You are probably just getting GPS on UAV.  BTW, what is UAV other than "Unmanned Aerial Vehicle"?

Thanks, I have Glonass turned on, but I was inside when I got the reading. I will try outside next time.
2019-7-1
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Philippines

Aloha RBT,

Our drones use GPS and GLONASS.  You are probably just getting GPS on UAV.  BTW, what is UAV other than "Unmanned Aerial Vehicle"?

Thanks, I have Glonass turned on, but I was inside when I got the reading. I will try outside next time.
2019-7-1
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Philippines

Aloha RBT,

UAV Forecast app
2019-7-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that you had with this third-party application. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you may need. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules