Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to Film a Car with the Drone - Part 1, The Desert
7277 24 2019-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elettrone78
Captain
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

The first of a three chapters video illustrating how we film vehicles by drones with the DJI Inspire 2.
In this first part we chase a Jeep hovering in the desert.
We share insights, equipment, settings and discuss the issues that we encountered.
In the next weeks we'll be talking about maneuvers, how to plan and perform them, plus we'll be filming something special.
Chapter two will also talk about consumer drones to a certain degree.

https://youtu.be/2cndQxITviU

2019-7-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this great video tips on filming a car by drone. Nice work!
2019-7-1
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Stunning works! Thanks for sharing.
2019-7-3
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've learned a lot but the real issue is putting everything you've learned here to work.  The other issue is spending so much time to make something that no one really cares about.  You should weigh the amount of worth before doing it because if you don't do enough steps it will come out like garbage wasting All the time you could've done doing something else.

This is where a lot of sweepstakes and contests shine.  They put a lot of people to work but only 1 or a few actually win.  Everyone else gets nothing.

Of course, it's not totally garbage as you can learn a lot and create things that matter when working on something that matters to you and matters others.
2019-7-4
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Really helpful tutorial, I got many interesting tricks from it! Thank you for your work!
2019-7-4
Use props
Elettrone78
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

AntDX316 Posted at 7-4 02:43
I've learned a lot but the real issue is putting everything you've learned here to work.  The other issue is spending so much time to make something that no one really cares about.  You should weigh the amount of worth before doing it because if you don't do enough steps it will come out like garbage wasting All the time you could've done doing something else.

This is where a lot of sweepstakes and contests shine.  They put a lot of people to work but only 1 or a few actually win.  Everyone else gets nothing.

I'm not sure to who or what your arguments are addressed.
Do you think the tutorial is worthless, or the Jeep video or what?
I understand this is a niche argument, we did this because we need to present a number of works to the productions in order to get contracts in TV and cinema.
I live in city that's extremely active in that business so us it's not irrelevant nor worthless, on the contrary.
This tutorial is aimed towards professionals more than consumer users but anyone can learn something from it I guess.
The next chapters will talk about consumer drones too, as a matter of fact one of the early works with cars we did was achieved with a Phantom 4 Pro.
2019-7-4
Use props
Toedles
Captain
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thank you for sharing this informative video....
2019-7-4
Use props
Toedles
Captain
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thank you for sharing this informative video....
2019-7-4
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Elettrone78 Posted at 7-4 07:58
I understand this is a niche argument, we did this because we need to present a number of works to the productions in order to get contracts in TV and cinema.

Your tutorial was great! Very very informative.  Lots of knowledge but I'm just saying, if people were to copy it for their own but it doesn't match your amount of work, it might not be worth doing if no one cares to watch it.  Your video was amazing but if people made their own footage that had a couple hundred views max spending weeks on making it then not doing anymore to further their post-production skills to make thousands, it's not worth it but better than say building legos.
2019-7-4
Use props
djiuser_rf5R9nbztoDL
lvl.1

United States

Awesome tutorial! Wish I could do the same.
2019-7-4
Use props
Elettrone78
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

AntDX316 Posted at 7-4 14:16
Your tutorial was great! Very very informative.  Lots of knowledge but I'm just saying, if people were to copy it for their own but it doesn't match your amount of work, it might not be worth doing if no one cares to watch it.  Your video was amazing but if people made their own footage that had a couple hundred views max spending weeks on making it then not doing anymore to further their post-production skills to make thousands, it's not worth it but better than say building legos.

OK I get it now, well I understand your point but as I was saying this is mostly aimed towards Inspire 2 owners -> professionals and pros do this kind of stuff for paid work rather than youtube show so in my opinion it doesn't come to how many views yo get but who watches your work.
Quality over quantity.
By the way I'm not sure how long do you think we needed to film this but I will tell you
We needed 3 mornings about 3 hrs per session, more or less because the driver didn't have more time to share with us.
And as i said we were slowered greatly by wind and sand plus we didn't know the area for various reason we could not plan maneuvers and had to improvise every step.
So I guess even for fun one may think on doing something like this in less time in normal weather conditions.
I'll add that the log-exposure part is common to all drones and cameras that film in log profile so that's informative for everyone.
2019-7-4
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Elettrone78 Posted at 7-4 23:05
OK I get it now, well I understand your point but as I was saying this is mostly aimed towards Inspire 2 owners -> professionals and pros do this kind of stuff for paid work rather than youtube show so in my opinion it doesn't come to how many views yo get but who watches your work.
Quality over quantity.
By the way I'm not sure how long do you think we needed to film this but I will tell you

Yeah and how long did it take to edit after all of that?  I've got paid for a few stuff too, but this level would take far much higher amounts of work.
2019-7-4
Use props
Elettrone78
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

A standard day of work from start to finish, as you see it, and just because I wanted everything perfect and I'm not super fast.Oh please, don't forget to leave a like if you actually liked it, thanks
2019-7-4
Use props
fanse12667c0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189108 ft
United States

Elettrone78 Posted at 7-4 07:58

Can’t wait for a consumer drone tutorial! I’ve been just messing around with following a motorcycle Trying out methods for my mavic pro
2019-7-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very good video!
2019-7-6
Use props
Elettrone78
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

fanse12667c0 Posted at 7-6 05:30
Can’t wait for a consumer drone tutorial! I’ve been just messing around with following a motorcycle Trying out methods for my mavic pro
Yesterday we had a filming session with Ferrari and Lamborghini cars. It was supposed to be the second chapter with Inspire 2 and Mavic 2 Pro but Europe is under a heatwave. The temp yesterday reached almost 40 celsius, the Inspire 2 batteries reached almost 60C, we had to abort.
If by the 20th of July the temp goes down at least 10C we'll be filming drift cars and if we have the time we'll try making a tutorial with the Mavic 2 Pro.
2019-7-7
Use props
crisab
lvl.1
Sweden

Awesome video!
2019-7-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brilliant tutorial
2019-7-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing
2019-7-17
Use props
klavushkin
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Great video and great work. On the heroes of the roller Ferrari and Lamborghini only Oscar
2019-7-30
Use props
klavushkin
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Inspire 2 was excellent for such work in difficult conditions for him. The air temperature is of course tin. Great design. Now many companies have begun to develop more the direction of data mining. Tell me, what is the data mining for  used obtained during the video ? After all, the shooting was not just for beauty
2019-7-30
Use props
TechTuna
lvl.1

India

Hi, Sir this video made my day. very very useful video for filmmakers. Good job
2019-8-10
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Captain
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh