Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Feature request: Location Data
1069 6 2019-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The_Pedro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 155292 ft
Portugal

This is probably the one feature I feel I'm missing the most in the Osmo Action/Pocket.I'ts really fun to go explore the world with one of these, however sometimes I find myself looking back at the pictures wondering where they were taken.

I would love if the DJI Mimo app was able to log location data and later add it to the photos accordingly to their timestamp.
Many cameras seem to be using this solution to avoid the price increase of a gps module.
Obviously this should be an optional feature, just for those who want it.
2019-7-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day The_Pedro. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have provided us today. Let me please forward these information/thread to the designated department for further development of the DJI Osmo Action.  After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-7-1
Use props
The_Pedro
Second Officer
Portugal

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-1 12:13
Hello and good day The_Pedro. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have provided us today. Let me please forward these information/thread to the designated department for further development of the DJI Osmo Action.  After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your valued support.

Thank you DJI Stephen.
Have good day as well.
2019-7-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

The_Pedro Posted at 7-1 12:29
Thank you DJI Stephen.
Have good day as well.

You are very much welcome The_Pedro. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2019-7-1
Use props
Toedles
Captain
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I mentioned this months ago.....
2019-7-26
Use props
The_Pedro
Second Officer
Portugal

Toedles Posted at 7-26 00:02
I mentioned this months ago.....

If we show enough support they may add it in a future update. I just noticed the other day that DJI Mimo already requests your location data for similar purposes.
2019-7-29
Use props
Toedles
Captain
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

The_Pedro Posted at 7-29 06:45
If we show enough support they may add it in a future update. I just noticed the other day that DJI Mimo already requests your location data for similar purposes.

Hopefully it’ll come soon.......
2019-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules