Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How important is it to store batteries at room temperature?
855 5 2019-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TrevorSK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

I'm going camping for two weeks this summer and will be staying in a tent with no air conditioning and would like to take my new bird. Could 2 weeks in a hot tent cause any harm to my batteries?
2019-7-1
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it's very important to store batteries at room temperature.  I live in Arizona and today it's 109 Fahrenheit and I've had other batteries than DJI to swell when my house just gets too overheated when the air conditioning can't do all the work to cool the house.  
2019-7-1
Use props
parkgt214
First Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

Short answer is yes the closer you get to 100 degrees or more.
2019-7-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

25c is the ideal temp for safe storage. Leaving the batteries in a hot tent for 2 weeks will probably lead to them swelling.
2019-7-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day TrevorSK. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Please never store the batteries in an environment below -10 degrees or above 45 degrees Celsius. In addition let me post a link where in you can find the Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_EN.pdf ). Have a safe and happy flying always.

2019-7-2
Use props
sky wombat
Captain
Flight distance : 1444049 ft
  • >>>
Australia

get a cheap polystyrene drinks esky (chilly bin or whatever you guys call them) and store them in there.
2019-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules