Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
maximum height reached
1713 1 2019-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bmike1
lvl.1
United States

I was on my first job and the project was to take a picture of a lake. So I moved over to the middle of the lake and then went up. 100 feet.... 200 feet.... 300 feet.... suddenly the tablet starts to complain about being at the maximum height. I thought the range of this thing was 5,000 feet? So I figured it had something to do with an airspace I was entering or something. Can someone shed some light on this mystery? (the lake is at 250 se saint johns street in lake city florida USA)
2019-7-1
Use props
Barney Rubbel
lvl.4
United States

First and foremost, please remember that per the FAA, you are not to fly above 400' (from where you take off). Aside from that, I believe there is a setting in the app that allows you to set a maximum height, so you might be able to adjust your setting or turn it off completely. I use an older version of the app, so not sure what 'goodies' they have added. I have flown at High Power Rocket launches where there is a waiver to fly up to 5000', with call ins (Range Officer has direct line to Air Traffic Control) up to 12,000' so a 400' ceiling would be somewhat limiting. Fly Safe!

Barney

2019-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules