Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Consistently Inconsistent
877 21 2019-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elv8Perspective
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29695 ft
United States

I had no issues with my previous Phantom, the new one i have now, is just junk.

I cannot do anything, i cannot fly it.  This is all i get, frequent transmission issues, even when i have full GPS, and wide open area, nothing.

It does this the whole time.

Screenshot_20190702-060313_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190702-060307_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190702-060257_Gallery.jpg
2019-7-2
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you've got a defective controller, the appropriate action is to get it fixed or replaced, not to post about it on a forum.
2019-7-2
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I agree.  Send it back and get another.
2019-7-2
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Defects happen.  I had Compass 2 disconnected out of the box.  I thought it was the lack of RTK but everyone was saying theirs worked.  Seller swapped me and I was good to go w/ the new drone.
2019-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Switch to 2.4
2019-7-2
Use props
Elv8Perspective
lvl.3
United States

Controller is not defective, it worked with my previous Phantom 4 Pro.  

I just got this one a month ago, and already having issues.

Paired the controller,  calibrated everything.   Paired the controller again.

Tried switching to 2.4, signals were all "unstable".

I'm not one to complain, but seeing as I had a P4P+ before the replacement, and it worked fine, I think I have every right to be upset.
2019-7-2
Use props
Elv8Perspective
lvl.3
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 7-2 03:21
Defects happen.  I had Compass 2 disconnected out of the box.  I thought it was the lack of RTK but everyone was saying theirs worked.  Seller swapped me and I was good to go w/ the new drone.

I agree, they happen, maybe its the drone itself, but then I tried again 10 minutes later and its fine.  But having the thing go out every other flight, really hinders my ability to work reliably.  

Both of my P4P's turn slightly one way as well.  Trying to take a picture hovering, the camera pans left.  Trying to fly straight, the thing always flies cockeyed.

Perhaps another IMU calibration is needed, but just getting a bit ridiculous.  My little Mavic Air never has issues like that, and the P4P is supposed to be a far better drone, in every performance matrix.
2019-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Elv8Perspective Posted at 7-2 04:23
I agree, they happen, maybe its the drone itself, but then I tried again 10 minutes later and its fine.  But having the thing go out every other flight, really hinders my ability to work reliably.  

Both of my P4P's turn slightly one way as well.  Trying to take a picture hovering, the camera pans left.  Trying to fly straight, the thing always flies cockeyed.

Definite fault - keep testing it but of it persists then you may need to return this one too
2019-7-2
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Elv8Perspective Posted at 7-2 04:23

Both of my P4P's turn slightly one way as well.  Trying to take a picture hovering, the camera pans left.  Trying to fly straight, the thing always flies cockeyed.

I was trying to work with Compass 2 disconnected which was ok but follow-me mode never worked.  If you can return it for a new one then do it if not have DJI take a look at it.
2019-7-2
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

CL B airspace can be an issue,  but try moving to an open area so your Obstacle Avoidance isn't being hammered because you are too close to obstacles.

Might be "part" of your issue.

Randy
2019-7-2
Use props
allyssongemelli
Captain
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

Try contact DJI for others procedures. Maybe they can help you! Good luck!
2019-7-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Refresh the firmwares is what i would advise, both the AC and the RC
2019-7-2
Use props
Elv8Perspective
lvl.3
United States

Still at it today.   https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjkptu9asl5bshd/20190709_060116.mp4?dl=0
2019-7-9
Use props
Elv8Perspective
lvl.3
United States

Bashy Posted at 7-2 20:18

How can you refresh firmware if its already up to date?  I cant find the option.
2019-7-9
Use props
Elv8Perspective
lvl.3
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 7-2 16:43
CL B airspace can be an issue,  but try moving to an open area so your Obstacle Avoidance isn't being hammered because you are too close to obstacles.

Might be "part" of your issue.

There are multiple Drone operators here, none are having the issue, seems to be local to my device.
2019-7-9
Use props
Elv8Perspective
lvl.3
United States

Bashy Posted at 7-2 20:18

Just found it on the dji site, thanks
2019-7-9
Use props
Elv8Perspective
lvl.3
United States

Everything updated... still doing it.  

Maybe this thing is just a lemon.  

Whatever the problem is, I need it fixed, and if it's a new bird being sent, I'm not saying for another registration fee either.

This is ridiculous.  As much as this drone cost, it should be reliable,  my little Mavic Air doesn't have this issue, but its not as capable as this.

Get it together DJI. I need assistance real time, not slow emails troubleshooting the issue.  Fix it.
Screenshot_20190710-061603_Gallery.jpg
2019-7-10
Use props
Elv8Perspective
lvl.3
United States

Update:

I spoke with DJI, and of course the bird is "out of the 30 day warranty period", how convenient?  So, now I am having to go through my Refresh plan just to get a replacement for a defective aircraft.... NOT COOL DJI.

2019-7-10
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is this a refurbished unit?  Version 1 or 2?
2019-7-11
Use props
Cedric RP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1320686 ft
United Kingdom

Elv8Perspective Posted at 7-2 04:15
Controller is not defective, it worked with my previous Phantom 4 Pro.  

I just got this one a month ago, and already having issues.

Hi I dont know if this helps but my experience is like yours.
Loved my first p4p but it got some water in it and that was that.
Got another brand new one and its pretty much been a similar story, cannot fly for any distance at all without the Strong radio interference, signal lost, then connects again.

I had severe issues then replaced the cable between controller and iphone back to the standard Apple one and it was a lot better, just a message every 30 seconds or so....

I am an experienced RP and had passed my theory test so I bought a Mavic 2Pro with Smart controller.
Flying this in same place, same day, never a single problem.
Land it, start the P4P and problems start.

When I just had the P4P and approaching my test I went through all firmware updates etc, it was all up to date. I got used to the messages but as soon as I got the Mavic, I kind of gave up with the Phantom.

I flew the white bird the other day and within a minute the warnings started, lost signal and triggered RTH.

I am using an apple iphone with Go4 so I am tempted to try it with my Android phone I got recently  just to see if its any better.  But I am sure its down to the individual drone as my old one was much better than this one.
Interesting that my Airdata records show that drone #1 made on Oct 12 2016 , I bought it in Jan 2017  but drone #2 purchased April 2018 was manufactured Oct 19th 2016, so it sat around in storage for a while?

2019-7-27
Use props
Cedric RP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Elv8Perspective Posted at 7-10 06:22
Update:

I spoke with DJI, and of course the bird is "out of the 30 day warranty period", how convenient?  So, now I am having to go through my Refresh plan just to get a replacement for a defective aircraft.... NOT COOL DJI.

One other thing I noticed was this one can sit for ages at IMU initialising and sometimes never get past it.
The Mavic is up and running in under 60 secs.

By the way I passed my test on the Mavic in the end so am a qualified RP in UK and just finishing my opps manual for my Pfco so I am no expert but I have obviously convinced someone I can fly one.
2019-7-27
Use props
Cedric RP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Oracle Miata Posted at 7-11 12:25
Is this a refurbished unit?  Version 1 or 2?

I wonder if an unscrupulous dealer would sell a refurb as a new one, how could we check?
2019-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules