MAVIC AIR identify broken engine arm
1445 1 2019-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Benny84
lvl.1

Italy

Hi, a few weeks ago I had a fall with my mavic air. After the first moments of panic, I found the arm of the broken gimbal and an ESC error. I fixed the gimbal arm, but I still got the ESC error which doesn't allow me to start the drone.  I disassembled the drone and did some tests and as I read from the different forums the error is due to an engine that requires more energy than the others in the same conditions. Is there a system (software or mechanical) to identify which engine is a problem and only replace that one? I don't want to have to replace all four of them unnecessarily.  For completeness of information I did these tests:  Turning on the drone all four propellers move correctly during the engine test before the ignition beep. After the attention beep (comparing it with another mavic air) the rear engines seem to move only partially. This gives me hope that at least the ESC logic board is safe.  I tried to manually turn the propellers and it seems to me that all 4 engines offer the same resistance. I checked the copper filament of the rotor and they all look ok, no break. I also restored the drone factory settings.  None of these operations eliminated the ESC error.  How can I independently identify the motor arm that is giving me problems or if the error is due to something else?  thanks a lot
2019-7-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Benny84. I am sorry to know what had happened on your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Air and on what is  happening with your drone. Since this issue is happend I would recommend you contact our DJI support team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to fix and find out the reason why is this issue happening on the said drone and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules