Camera dial not working
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Safronov_sv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53123 ft

Russia

Hi.
I've problem with camera dial - it's not controlling gimbal.
When I scroll camera dial to up or down position - nothink happens.

When calibrate camera dial in DJI Go app - I can see progress bars switching in both directions, so I think wheel is ok.
When I use DJI Go app interface to controll camera angle by touch - it's working, so gimbal must be also good.
Camera tilt speed set to 30, also tried to reset gimbal settings by app - but it didn't help.

Phantom 3 Adv with v01.11.29 firmware (also tried v01.10.0090 and v01.09.0060 with no luck)
GL300C remote

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
2019-7-2
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Is the RC connected to the AC properly ? What status has your RC ?
2019-7-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to check if the Aircraft is already connected with the RC. Also, you may try to relink the Aircraft to the Remote controller to see if there would be some changes. I will be posting an official video tutorial, you may refer to the video below. please keep us posted on the latest updates. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

2019-7-3
Use props
Safronov_sv
lvl.1

Russia

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-3 08:33
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to check if the Aircraft is already connected with the RC. Also, you may try to relink the Aircraft to the Remote controller to see if there would be some changes. I will be posting an official video tutorial, you may refer to the video below. please keep us posted on the latest updates. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVOJnUidcUk

Hi!
Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately, relinking RC to aircraft didn't helped (tried  3 times).
All other functions of remote (takeoff, moving in air, move camera to front|bottom position by pressing C1 button) works perfect, and also adjusting camera angle by touch interface.

I've tried to connect aircraft with my friend's GL300A (mine is GL300C), and it works! Camera angle is adjustable by left dial.

But how to fix my GL300C remote - still have no idea.
2019-7-3
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does your controller link with your friend's drone? If so when linked does your controller's tilt dial work on your friend's drone?
2019-7-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Safronov_sv Posted at 7-3 15:35
Hi!
Thanks for your answer.

Thank you for the additional information and we do apologize that you still experience the same issue. Can you please try to link your RC to your friend's Aircraft for us to further isolate the problem. Looking forward to your reply. Thank you for your understanding. Cheers!
2019-7-4
Use props
robertjone336
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm facing the same problem, I will try multiple time but the problem is that. I'm Currently at Dubai I will come here to complete a project of the freight forwarding company, But this issue stuck me here. do you have any phone support?
2019-7-7
Use props
Safronov_sv
lvl.1

Russia

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-4 10:57
Thank you for the additional information and we do apologize that you still experience the same issue. Can you please try to link your RC to your friend's Aircraft for us to further isolate the problem. Looking forward to your reply. Thank you for your understanding. Cheers!

I've tried to connect my RC to my friend's P3, and behavior is the same: can't control gimbal angle with camera dial, but can control it via touch interface in dji go app. Also, C1 button works as expected (switches gimbal angle to front and down positions).

I've recorded video with demonstration of my camera dial problem to youtube here:
2019-7-12
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you try and recalibrate the controller? If so are you sure you followed the procedure correctly?

From another post I made in another thread, "I ask because when I initially tried calibrating the sticks etc. it turns out that I misunderstood the process, I intially thought that after opening the calibration menu and waggling the sticks etc., pressing "start" completed the calibration based on the preceeding waggling and then all I needed to do was press "done"".

It turns out that to perform the calibration you have to press "start" THEN waggle the sticks and dial etc. and THEN press "done".

Ok I was perhaps daft but ........"
2019-7-12
Use props
Safronov_sv
lvl.1

Russia

Sean-newbie Posted at 7-12 05:58
Did you try and recalibrate the controller? If so are you sure you followed the procedure correctly?

From another post I made in another thread, "I ask because when I initially tried calibrating the sticks etc. it turns out that I misunderstood the process, I intially thought that after opening the calibration menu and waggling the sticks etc., pressing "start" completed the calibration based on the preceeding waggling and then all I needed to do was press "done"".

thanks for your advice,
unfortunately it doesn't help too.

I've tried to recalibrate RC several times (I've recorded last time process and uploaded it to YouTube, video is below), but after recalibration process behavior is the same: camera gimbal don't response to dial movements.

2019-7-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Safronov_sv Posted at 7-12 04:03
I've tried to connect my RC to my friend's P3, and behavior is the same: can't control gimbal angle with camera dial, but can control it via touch interface in dji go app. Also, C1 button works as expected (switches gimbal angle to front and down positions).

I've recorded video with demonstration of my camera dial problem to youtube here:

Hi, there. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out what would be the reason for the problem of your RC and then the corresponding resolution would be provided.  Please note that DJI will not provide a warranty repair for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your understanding. Best Regards!
2019-7-12
Use props
djiuser_TjC6VL1QR8SJ
New

United States

Does anybody have a user manaul or trouble shooting guide for the DJI FC40? It's not a supported product any more so I can't find any manuals or information. The drone has flown great but recently had an issue I 'd like to resolve without buying a new drone
2019-7-12
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Safronov_sv Posted at 7-12 04:03

Did this controller ever have full control of the gimbal?
With regards to the video, that's a pity.
2019-7-12
Use props
Safronov_sv
lvl.1

Russia

[SOLVED] RE: Camera dial not working

Finnaly I've got my RC working!
I've downgraded RC firmware from 1.9.2+ to nearest low 1.6.0.To do this by DJI Go app, you need to enter downgrade section by long pressing three lines button.
After this, apprers menu with select input (there was menu like this:
photo_2019-07-17_20-31-05.jpg

After download, install procedure, and RC restart I reconnected it to my aircraft.
And now camera dial works!

After that i've installed last available update for RC firmware (1.9.2), and now downgrade selection list is empty (so now I cant downgrade).
Anyway, now problem is solved, the minimal way was to downgrade RC firmware (before that I've tried to update/downgrade aircraft firmware only)

2019-7-17
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congratulations
2019-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now