Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Failure
394 7 2019-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PaulB_WA
lvl.1
Australia

Have been told that my battery failure problem is now going to start costing me money.
Started return process, have been informed to post in at my expense as battery is out of warranty,
12 months warranty on a lithium battery is pathetic, battery has only been cycled 20 times then failed,
see screen shots. i dont beleive battery failure is a common thing, everything else about this unit is awesome.
Can someone give me some solid reasoning to DJI's shortfall on this problem.

ss

ss

ss2

ss2
2019-7-2
Use props
Flycaster
Captain
United States

I believe the warranty on the Mavic LiPo is 6 months from DOP.
It is not too common an issue, but it is made by humans, and things made by humans sometimes fail. Period.
Did you by this kit new, or used from another individual? Has the battery be dropped? Showing signs of swelling/puffing?
Check the plastic seams, and the underneath of the battery.
If new, should have worked/flown more and the battery issue maybe would have showed up earlier.
If used, well, not much else to say, it does suck when this thing happens.
2019-7-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask what happened prior to experience this situation? Have you tried to full discharged the battery and charged it again to see if the error message would persist? If so, it's recommended to send the battery to our facility for further evaluation. However, the repair fee would depend on the damage assessment and the warranty period of your unit. It's not recommended to send the battery if it has physical damage or leakage for safety purposes. For further details of the warranty of the battery, you may check the image below.

2019-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unfortunately you'll just need to write this one off
2019-7-2
Use props
PaulB_WA
lvl.1
Australia

A J Posted at 7-2 09:53
Unfortunately you'll just need to write this one off

not going to happen, i hear you though. how smart are the smarts on the battery pc
2019-7-3
Use props
PaulB_WA
lvl.1
Australia

Flycaster Posted at 7-2 06:06
I believe the warranty on the Mavic LiPo is 6 months from DOP.
It is not too common an issue, but it is made by humans, and things made by humans sometimes fail. Period.
Did you by this kit new, or used from another individual? Has the battery be dropped? Showing signs of swelling/puffing?

brand new fly-more kit,
no damage, been around batteries for 20 years, own business. thats the reason i piped up.
personally if i where dji i'd just replace it as its not that big a deal.  
2019-7-3
Use props
PaulB_WA
lvl.1
Australia

recieved email from DJI directly, will leave this until a resolution is made, thanks
2019-7-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PaulB_WA Posted at 7-3 05:10
not going to happen, i hear you though. how smart are the smarts on the battery pc

Fingers crossed for you
2019-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules