Noise popping up on scopes at regular interval
746 4 2019-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chpouky
lvl.3

Belgium

Hey everyone !

I just came back from a shoot and noticed something weird on my scopes in Resolve.

At a regular interval (about every second), there is noise popping up on my scopes (it lasts one frame).

I added the red square to help you notice when it happens.

I hope you'll be able to see it on YouTube I can see the noise popping slightly in my preview (don't bother looking for it on YouTube, compression will kill it).

Is it a known issue ? Is there a fix ? The issue is not that obvious on screen when looking at the footage, but it's there, so I thought it might be worth mentionning for a future firmware update.

2019-7-2
Use props
rm708410
lvl.3
United States

I recognized this noise pulse when the MP2 was first released. It is most noticeable in dark areas of footage, especially if you try to bring out any detail in any low light noisy areas (shadowy clearings during low sun angles for example). You can actually see a strobe like flash and the frame gets noticeably noisy. The blip on the DaVinci scopes is always there though. I actually analyzed it quite a bit at the time but decided to let it go as I'm generally happy with the footage. Looks like a glitch in all the codec versions and color modes. I wonder if any of the noise reduction methods in the full DaVinci version can clear it up, but for now I deal with it. Even though I'm US Part 107 licensed, I am just a hobby video shooter and only use the free version.
Just wanted to chime in to let you know you are not alone in seeing this.
2019-7-6
Use props
edeone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164685 ft
Germany

"intra frame flickering" all  you need /
2019-7-7
Use props
Stryker03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 206345 ft