phantom 2 v+ flew then flipped
931 10 2019-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xboxmoddr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 660039 ft

hi every 1 i took my phantom 2 vision plus out today for the 1st time and it was all charged up fully the batt the range extender and tablet and i did compas calibration and all lights were green started props took off to about 4 foot it hovered for about 3 seconds then started to decend then it just flipped over and smashed it to the floor gutted any idea much appricated

but on the flip side my p3s flew brill on my maiden flight but was only up a few  mins  but its what i exspected
2019-7-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day xboxmoddr. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Phantom 2 vision plus and thank you for reaching. For us to be able to assist and help you further with this situation on your DJI Phantom 2 vision plus. Kindly please send an email to support@dji.com for further assistance. Thank you for understanding and for your support.
2019-7-2
Use props
xboxmoddr
lvl.4

mail sent thanks  stephen
2019-7-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It flipped over first and then crashed?  Sounds like a loose prop or bad motor or bad IMU.  

Crashed first and then flipped over?  Sounds like a bad battery.  It would flash red as it descended.  
2019-7-2
Use props
xboxmoddr
lvl.4

ill check the video as my misses was recording the maiden flight lol props defo not lose took some effort to get um off to pack it away but was fully charged and all cells show the same value in phantom vision 2 assistant cant remember now but something like 3.96 on each cell and batt health is 91% i think as for motor no idea
2019-7-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

This was the time when DJI wasn't entirely mature.  Lots of fly aways, flip of deaths, etc.
2019-7-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

P2s fly wonderfully even today.  The fly away and/or crash stuff is because the pilots are noobs and don't read the manual.  The cameras are weak though.  

You can make fun of the camera, the FPV, the range, etc.  But you can't diss the ability of the P2 to fly and fly well.  It's rock solid.  

2019-7-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 7-2 17:04
P2s fly wonderfully even today.  The fly away and/or crash stuff is because the pilots are noobs and don't read the manual.  The cameras are weak though.

I can say the same confidence w/ the P4 but they are on a P2 and you are on a P3.  It's like putting the S800 back in the air when they all kept crashing but saying the Matrice are fine because you have an S600 or 210 V2.

Using anything back then is like having the same issues arise like it's the best of its time.  We are living in the future with better tech.  People are living in the bad best present with their old tech.

It's like using the Ferraris when they caught fire Before they fixed the issues.  It's like using the Boeing 737 MAX Before they've addressed the nose down issues.  It's like living in the chemotherapy system that 90%+ didn't work.  I assume it's a lot better now but if you pull up those old methods w/ the high failure rate it would suck.  Same as the issues with GM having steering wheels Lock while the drivers were driving until they've addressed it.  Same as with the Toyota carpets that were keeping the driver in a full-throttle position.  We use the latest Toyotas now and say they are perfectly ok.  Going back to using anything that was unaddressed and the issues of that time Will come back.  This is the same method as generating positive effects such as involving with good friends and family.  Being in areas of safe haven.  Being in areas where people consider you are a true and good Leader.
2019-7-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 7-2 19:29
Using anything back then is like having the same issues arise like it's the best of its time.

Actually the opposite is true.  Whatever kinks that existed "back then" have been fixed within the FW updates more than half a decade ago.  

I'm not on a P3, I have a P3.  I also have a number of P2s.  They don't fly away.  They don't crash.  They don't burst into flames.  They all fly great.  

You should give advice about things you know - not about things you don't know.  
2019-7-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 7-3 02:24
Actually the opposite is true.  Whatever kinks that existed "back then" have been fixed within the FW updates more than half a decade ago.  

I'm not on a P3, I have a P3.  I also have a number of P2s.  They don't fly away.  They don't crash.  They don't burst into flames.  They all fly great.  

With everything I've said, not everything is broken either.
2019-7-3
Use props
xboxmoddr
lvl.4

tried it again today and made sure everything was charged and put new props on it flew fine for about 30 seconds all green flashes all ok then rapid red flashing so turns out to be a battery prob tried another one and its fine so hats off to mark who said battery
2019-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules