Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phone to controller USB link to improve video?
5717 10 2019-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
monkeyseemonkey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4347 ft
United Kingdom

Newbie here though I did search and didn't come back with anything obvious... as a quick intro I bought a Mavic Air at the start of the year with the main intention of using it when I travel to Canada (later this month). Unfortunately Canada have since gone full retard on their drone laws and so it's bsically impossible for me to make use of the Air over there. I therefore decided to buy a Tello for a few family pictures and hopefully some nice video shots while I'm over there but have so far been underwhelmed particularly by the video quality (bearing in mind I've only flown it about 5m from myself so far and still I'm dropping frames and getting pretty poor results).

I bought the Gamesir T1d along with the Tello but have since read that the Bluetooth connection that the controller uses can cause some of the issues I'm seeing. I'm wondering if I can connect the controller to my phone view a micro USB cable along the same lines as the phone/controller is linked when using my Mavic Air through the Go 4 App. Failing that do other Tello pilots use a controller or just rely on their phone, utilising airplane mode, to fly the drone?
2019-7-3
Use props
monkeyseemonkey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I'll answer half of my question myself... Been on the Gamesir website and it states that the micro USB port is for charging only so no option to use for data connection. That leaves the query about using the controller at all... Because I'm used to the Mavic Air it feels 'right' to have the phone and controller but if it causes poor video footage then I'll send it back and just use the phone.
2019-7-3
Use props
monkeyseemonkey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Can you tell I'm impatient?! Have requested to return the t1d and ordered a t1s that can be used with an otg cable. See how that goes.
2019-7-3
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

monkeyseemonkey Posted at 7-3 14:21
Can you tell I'm impatient?! Have requested to return the t1d and ordered a t1s that can be used with an otg cable. See how that goes.

Sincerely sorry for unable to reply to you in time.
OGT connection between T1D and aircraft is not supported yet.
As to T1S,  we are terribly sorry that it is not the recommended controller list cause we haven't tested it yet. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience this situation has caused you.
2019-7-4
Use props
dounuts
New

Singapore

Hey Monkey, a fellow tello user has posted their method on how to reduce frame skipping on their tello's video.
It is pinned on the top of this subforum.
2019-7-29
Use props
Nidge
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi Monkey.

If you haven't already returned your T1D controller and you're using Android I can highly recommend an App called TelloFPV. There is a limited function one free in the Google Play Store but the paid version is worth it's weight in gold. The author has addressed the video issues and the App contains many advanced flight features such as RTH.

Regards

Nidge.
2019-8-1
Use props
monkeyseemonkey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Apologies for the lack of replies, for some reason I didn't get an email notification of replies- will check my settings.

I had good results with the T1S controller using an OTG cable and combined this with a wifi extender which worked pretty well. Unfortunately the Tello didn't really have the functionality I was hoping for when compared to my Mavic Air (I know, surprise!) and have now sold my Mavic Air and ordered a Mavic Mini which is the drone I wanted the Tello to be!

I think I'll probably keep the Tello and let the kids use it as it's still a funky little thing just not quite what I was after for aerial photography etc. when in Canada.
2019-11-5
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

monkeyseemonkey Posted at 11-5 03:16
Apologies for the lack of replies, for some reason I didn't get an email notification of replies- will check my settings.

I had good results with the T1S controller using an OTG cable and combined this with a wifi extender which worked pretty well. Unfortunately the Tello didn't really have the functionality I was hoping for when compared to my Mavic Air (I know, surprise!) and have now sold my Mavic Air and ordered a Mavic Mini which is the drone I wanted the Tello to be!

Yes, good decision. The Mavic Mini will do the job nicely.

You can use an OTG cable with Android phones and the app TelloFPV as someone above mentioned. But on the iphone you don't have any options. I find the controller lag too much over bluetooth and prefer to fly the Tello with only my iphone. I'll be getting a Mavic Mini too though but keeping my little Tello. He's a lot of fun to fly around regardless of it's limitations.
2019-11-7
Use props
djiuser_MNCvn9UqCjDq
New

Israel

Hi
2021-3-16
Use props
monkeyseemonkey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_MNCvn9UqCjDq Posted at 3-16 00:43
Hi, which cable should I use to connect between gamesir t1s controller to my iPhone 6s?...

For my old Android I just used a short micro-USB to micro-USB cable so I assume a micro-USB to lightning would do the job but not something I've trid I'm afraid.
2021-3-16
Use props
Martyzion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1976608 ft
United States

Nidge is right about Tello FPV.  Way better video quality with no dropped frames as opposed to the official app.   It was the only way I could get decent video with an Android device.  The Tello app does work great with iOS.   For that I use a GameVice controller, which gives you a wired connection so no bluetooth issues.  
2021-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules