3677 30 2019-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought that I would be the DJI beta tester for iOS 13 and I’m sad to report that DJI GO 4 DOES NOT WORK WITH IOS 13, at least not with my device, crashes immediately ( iPad Pro 11 inch)
2019-7-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to hear about this situation. However, since this particular iOS is not yet officially released to Apple devices, then I'm afraid that our application is not yet optimized with this iOS version. We're sure that our designated department would optimize our application to this iOS version once it's become official to ensure the compatibility matter. We do appreciate your understanding and support.
2019-7-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 7-3 11:16
Hi, we're sorry to hear about this situation. However, since this particular iOS is not yet officially released to Apple devices, then I'm afraid that our application is not yet optimized with this iOS version. We're sure that our designated department would optimize our application to this iOS version once it's become official to ensure the compatibility matter. We do appreciate your understanding and support.

Good to know Tony!
2019-7-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

A J Posted at 7-3 12:15
Good to know Tony!

You're most welcome. Please let us know if you have further concerns, Thank you for your support!
2019-7-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 7-3 16:09
You're most welcome. Please let us know if you have further concerns, Thank you for your support!

Thanks Tony
2019-7-3
Use props
fans880e5824
lvl.1
Flight distance : 342211 ft
Brazil

I tested in my mini iPad 4 with beta 3 - worked !
2019-7-11
Use props
fans9bad496b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31007 ft
United States

IOS 13 works with my iPhone XS Max, however there is no video record button.  As long as you know it's there it works however.
2019-7-11
Use props
gominolo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 396135 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi!

I'm using iOS 13 public beta 3, DJI go 4 works except the record button to take video. It appears in photo mode. Nothing strange flying my Mavic 2 Pro. Cheers,
2019-7-12
Use props
TheBerg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 420814 ft

Hi, we're sorry to hear about this situation. However, since this particular iOS is not yet officially released to Apple devices, then I'm afraid that our application is not yet optimized with this iOS version. We're sure that our designated department would optimize our application to this iOS version once it's become official to ensure the compatibility matter. We do appreciate your understanding and support.

So IOS 13 has been officially released and DJI app crashes and there is no update yet. Good job DJI love spending money with you.
2019-9-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

TheBerg Posted at 9-20 22:37
So IOS 13 has been officially released and DJI app crashes and there is no update yet. Good job DJI love spending money with you.

Hi, thanks for the feedback and we would like to apologize for the inconvenience. Our designated department are currently checking this iOS 13 and DJI application for compatibility matter. After the test has been done, the latest application will be released that would make the app compatible with the iOS 13. We're hoping for your assimilation.
2019-9-22
Use props
fansf7057294
lvl.1
Flight distance : 281562 ft
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 9-22 13:56
Hi, thanks for the feedback and we would like to apologize for the inconvenience. Our designated department are currently checking this iOS 13 and DJI application for compatibility matter. After the test has been done, the latest application will be released that would make the app compatible with the iOS 13. We're hoping for your assimilation.

What’s the story, your developers would have had access to Betas since June. Public betas were available early July.

The current releases are final with over 50% user adoption.

To say you guys are behind is understating it.

Last weekend it worked this weekend The app either thinks my Mavic pro is a a Phantom or costantly disconnects. Gives me very little confidence in the software and safety
2019-10-18
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Hi, we're sorry to hear about this situation. However, since this particular iOS is not yet officially released to Apple devices, then I'm afraid that our application is not yet optimized with this iOS version. We're sure that our designated department would optimize our application to this iOS version once it's become official to ensure the compatibility matter. We do appreciate your understanding and support.

Both iOS 13 & iPadOS 13 work with DJI GO 4. I do not have any issues with a new iPad Pro running iPadOS 13 or iPhone on iOS 13.

This thread should be closed.
2019-10-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansf7057294 Posted at 10-18 12:52
What’s the story, your developers would have had access to Betas since June. Public betas were available early July.

The current releases are final with over 50% user adoption.

Hi, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience. May we know what's specific mobile device are you using? Would you mind sending us a video showing this problem?  Please let us know for further assistance. Thank you for your support.
2019-10-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 10-18 13:01
Both iOS 13 & iPadOS 13 work with DJI GO 4. I do not have any issues with a new iPad Pro running iPadOS 13 or iPhone on iOS 13.

This thread should be closed.

Hi, we're happy to know about your feedback between the latest iOS version and the DJI applications. Please let us know if you have further concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-10-27
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Have the MPP and iPAD Mini4, it did an install of 13, I didn't want it, but now I have it, I did not do the store thing and other stuff, just did enough to get it going.  Flew the MPP and all worked fine.  I looked up the information to remove 13, and from what I read there was just too much to bother with, so I'm still using it, and like I said, so far it is working fine.
2019-10-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 10-27 13:41
Hi, we're happy to know about your feedback between the latest iOS version and the DJI applications. Please let us know if you have further concerns. Thank you for continued support.

It would be nice to know the DJI officially support IOS 13,  I don't want to have an incident and try to claim a refresh only to be told IOS 13 is not supported.
2019-10-28
Use props
J Flock
lvl.1
Australia

I have a brand new Mavic air, all updated firmware. iPhone SE updated to 13.2.2. Connects to air craft, open flight view, then crashes. Very disappointing I can’t fly my new toy....

Any ideas. Have made sure phone is half empty storage wise and have all apps closed. Nothing is helping.

Thanks
2019-11-11
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

J Flock Posted at 11-11 03:06
I have a brand new Mavic air, all updated firmware. iPhone SE updated to 13.2.2. Connects to air craft, open flight view, then crashes. Very disappointing I can’t fly my new toy....

Any ideas. Have made sure phone is half empty storage wise and have all apps closed. Nothing is helping.

It’s definitely something to do with the iPhone SE, have you updated the app, rebooted all the normal troubleshooting steps? If so you may have to get a newer device, I’ve had it happen, sometimes older devices can’t run the newer app versions, they get left behind....
2019-11-11
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
United States

Since I wrote that earlier post, I think IOS-13 has shut down on it's own, some of the slight changes have gone back, and when I check to see what version the Mini 4 is running, it shows 8.  So I guess it has stopped using 13.  Also, I ran the Mini 4 down to 10% battery the other day, and wanted to check something on the MPP, so as I was hooking things up and plugged  the Aircraft Remote Controller into the Mini 4, I got a green line that noted the battery level, never saw that before.  It did NOT appear to take any electricity from the Aircraft Remote Controller to help it.  I am glad of that.
2019-11-11
Use props
J Flock
lvl.1
Australia

I have also tried my partners iPhone 8, which is running a iOS 12. Same thing happens. It does run a few seconds longer, but still the app closes down.
2019-11-11
Use props
J Flock
lvl.1
Australia

Just realised my house is on the edge of an authorisation zone. Not that I had any plans to fly around in the area, I’m just getting set up. But as I’m in beginner mode would the app close down because I am near an airport? Some kind of safety feature maybe?
2019-11-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

That happens quite a bit. I'm running an iPhone XR with 13.3 developer beta and DJI Go 4 seems to work for me. Maybe a difference in devices, not sure.
2019-11-11
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

JodyB Posted at 11-11 12:12
That happens quite a bit. I'm running an iPhone XR with 13.3 developer beta and DJI Go 4 seems to work for me. Maybe a difference in devices, not sure.

Unless you're an active iOS developer, you should NOT be running iOS 13.3 beta - and even then, it should be run on a secondary device.
2019-11-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am an active developer. And I also like to make sure the apps I use regularly work like their supposed to and if they don't, I file bug reports.
2019-11-11
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

JodyB Posted at 11-11 12:23
I am an active developer. And I also like to make sure the apps I use regularly work like their supposed to and if they don't, I file bug reports.

I'm glad you hear that - although, just remember that sometimes there are issues in beta that can't be fixed by the dev (DJI) in question. And DJI do TestFlight their betas but it's not public so your effort maybe wasted in this case.
2019-11-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

My effort is to make sure Apple has their stuff inline. More often than not, it's Apples code that breaks certain apps and not the other way around. Sometimes it does require some app developers to change certain things on their side, but not all that often. And you're right, I don't Beta test with DJI's software. I'm not sure I would be qualified to do so either, LOL. My main goal is to find those issues, report them and wait for the fix when there are issues.
2019-11-11
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
United States

JodyB , I like your logical approach.  Sounds good to me.  I can only say that my Mini 4 gave me a window to upgrade to 13, and I clicked instead of thinking.  But, it appears to be inactive some how?
2019-11-11
Use props
djiuser_42zZ3CE409UF
lvl.1
United States

J Flock Posted at 11-11 03:06

I’m having the same issue with an iPhone XS Max so the problem is definitely not your SE. DJI needs to put their things together and release an app that works.
2019-11-11
Use props
J Flock
lvl.1
Australia

So the plot thickens.

If I link via wifi to the air craft (no RC) I can fly it with my phone no worries via Go 4.

If I use the RC and attach phone via the cable the app just shuts down seconds after the camera view appears, but I can still fly the air craft via the RC,  just have no visuals or flight controls.

That is weird?
2019-11-12
Use props
J Flock
lvl.1
Australia

From support

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Our R&D team has identified the specific reason for the issue of App crash after the activation of the product, and we will release a new version to solve this issue around the middle of this month. It is recommended to use Android mobile device currently, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If it is released, it will be publicized, please stay tuned on our official website.  https://www.dji.com/au
2019-11-12
Use props
djiuser_nsKAC3qYeEen
New
Malaysia

Hi.

I’m update my iPhone 6S Plus to ios13. The DJI Go4 stop in 10second after I opened. What the problem? I can’t use this app. It keep stop and close.
2019-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules