Mavic Air : Rear motor getting hot
3381 8 2019-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ririlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 879154 ft
Canada

Hi, I'm wondering if any of you have ever notice that the rear motor gets hotter than the front ones!!!

I was flying for about 5 minutes inspecting my new roof. So when I brought it down and as I was folding the arms, I noticed that the rear motor where much hotter than the front ones.

Any thoughts?
2019-7-3
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

I also asked a similar question. But in my case, one of the rear engines is noticeably hotter than the others. When scrolling by hand this motor noticeable difference in effort. He scrolls somehow more resiliently. The rest of the motors are turned almost without resistance. Do you like it or not?
2019-7-3
Use props
ririlan
Second Officer
Canada

Vofas Posted at 7-3 21:42
I also asked a similar question. But in my case, one of the rear engines is noticeably hotter than the others. When scrolling by hand this motor noticeable difference in effort. He scrolls somehow more resiliently. The rest of the motors are turned almost without resistance. Do you like it or not?

Thanks, all my motors turn manually very easily.I'm going to fly it on a full battery and see if there is a difference. Must mention that the temperature was around 95F.
2019-7-4
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vofas Posted at 7-3 21:42
I also asked a similar question. But in my case, one of the rear engines is noticeably hotter than the others. When scrolling by hand this motor noticeable difference in effort. He scrolls somehow more resiliently. The rest of the motors are turned almost without resistance. Do you like it or not?

Take the prop off and make sure you don’t have a piece of broken prop inside.  Just advice.
2019-7-4
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Russia

ririlan Posted at 7-4 02:16
Thanks, all my motors turn manually very easily.I'm going to fly it on a full battery and see if there is a difference. Must mention that the temperature was around 95F.

95 F is the temperature of the hottest motors? But I think this is normal. And what was the temperature of the air during the flight?
2019-7-4
Use props
ririlan
Second Officer
Canada

Vofas Posted at 7-4 04:21
95 F is the temperature of the hottest motors? But I think this is normal. And what was the temperature of the air during the flight?

No, 95F was the outside temperature.  I did not check the motor temperature!
2019-7-4
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Russia

Oracle Miata Posted at 7-4 03:50
Take the prop off and make sure you don’t have a piece of broken prop inside.  Just advice.

Thanks for the advice, but the supports have never been broken. The motor rotates freely, but the force of resistance, the elasticity of turning the rotor is noticeably greater than that of the other three motors. Like magnets in it are stronger.
2019-7-4
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Russia

ririlan Posted at 7-4 04:23
No, 95F was the outside temperature.  I did not check the motor temperature!

Got it. In general, then probably the temperature of the rear engines should be higher than that of the front ones, provided that the drone moves forward.
2019-7-4
Use props
Alex1976
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556867 ft
Italy

If most of the time you move the drone in forward direction the rear motors produce a bit more force than forward motors. This could explain the temperature difference. Specially if you utilize sport mode.
2019-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules