2825 18 2019-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tmdag
lvl.1
Flight distance : 208809 ft
Canada

Hi!

What is the native iso on Mavic 2 pro (I've read that Inspire is using fixed ISO 500, is it the same for Mavic 2 pro? )

And how can I properly expose for 18% gray card? (I am unable to find a spotmeter under video mode)
2019-7-3
Use props
rparge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

Regarding 18% gray, do you need that if you shoot RAW?
2019-7-3
Use props
tmdag
lvl.1
Canada

rparge Posted at 7-3 16:37

Yes you do. No matter if it is raw or not, you still need to properly expose your image.
Based on a middle gray point, on properly exposed image, I can maintain most optimum amount of data for highlights or shadows (depending on situation).

But it's hard to properly expose an image without an ability to sample gray-point.
2019-7-3
Use props
tmdag
lvl.1
Canada

duplicate reply, deleteme
2019-7-3
Use props
tmdag
lvl.1
Canada

rparge Posted at 7-3 16:37

also... as far as I know Mavic 2 Pro cannot shoot RAW
2019-7-3
Use props
rparge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

tmdag Posted at 7-3 16:46
Yes you do. No matter if it is raw or not, you still need to properly expose your image.
Based on a middle gray point, on properly exposed image, I can maintain most optimum amount of data for highlights or shadows (depending on situation).

Roger that. I was thinking color balance.
And of  course, for video, no RAW, but for stills, there is DNG, which is RAW, yes?
Cheers!
2019-7-4
Use props
tmdag
lvl.1
Canada

ah yes, you're right I haven't done many photos on mavic, already forgot about that!

But anyhow, did anyone did a proper balanced videos on Mavik and could share some info ?
2019-7-4
Use props
fansfae49df8
lvl.1
Canada

I am just guessing that no user have managed to do it so far, there no responses.
It would be nice to hear from DJI.
I do realize that MavicPRO, although it is &aposRO' it is not meant for pro costumers but an ability to properly expose your image would be a base minimum.
We got d-log curve which is nice but at this point it is just a guess work
2019-7-7
Use props
Wingstretch
lvl.1
Canada

The only way to get around this (i'm talking stills)  would be to use the custom white balance (pretty sure it's an option).  Use a separate hand light meter to determine the proper Kelvin and set it on the app accordingly.  If not possible, shoot RAW and adjust in post processing.  If you're concerned about the degrading the image, shoot AEB and merge images to give you a larger file with better dynamic range.

Marc
2019-7-8
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Unfortunately it doesnt support a kelvin or a manually set white balance.
2019-7-8
Use props
Jasper Dean
lvl.4
United States

Wingstretch Posted at 7-8 05:05
The only way to get around this (i'm talking stills)  would be to use the custom white balance (pretty sure it's an option).  Use a separate hand light meter to determine the proper Kelvin and set it on the app accordingly.  If not possible, shoot RAW and adjust in post processing.  If you're concerned about the degrading the image, shoot AEB and merge images to give you a larger file with better dynamic range.

Marc

The OP is referring to "Exposure" not white ballance.
2019-7-8
Use props
Jasper Dean
lvl.4
United States

gnirtS Posted at 7-8 07:41
Unfortunately it doesnt support a kelvin or a manually set white balance.

The Mavic 2 Pro does have "Custom" white ballance that can be set in 100K (kelvin) increments.
2019-7-8
Use props
Jasper Dean
lvl.4
United States

The native ISO for the Mavic 2 Pro is 100. I would not recommend going above 100 unless absolutely needed. It starts getting noisy rather quickly.

For exposure I have two suggestions.

First, there is a "Histogram" that can be turned on in "Camera Settings" that gives a good idea of the current exposure and shadows.

Second, I would also turn on "Overexposed" in "Camera Settings". This places black and white bars on the view screen anywhere data is being lost from overexposure. That allows you to set it as bright as you can without blowing out any highlights or losing shadow detail from underexposure.
2019-7-8
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Where is the documentation saying its iso100?

Yes it shoots at 100 but that doesnt mean its native.
2019-7-9
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

There is nothing in the manual suggesting 100 is native, but there are a lot of youtube reviews on the hassleblad camera when the pro was first released with tests, that suggest that ISO 100 at F5.6 gives the best results for sharpness, balance and barrel distortion. But there are many different camera tests available, here are a few.

2019-7-9
Use props
Jasper Dean
lvl.4
United States

gnirtS Posted at 7-9 01:08
Where is the documentation saying its iso100?

Yes it shoots at 100 but that doesnt mean its native.

Where is the documentation stating there is no custom white ballance. And the post isnt even about White Ballance. Give me a break....
2019-7-9
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

tmdag Posted at 7-3 16:49
also... as far as I know Mavic 2 Pro cannot shoot RAW

It sure can. You just need to enable it.
2019-7-9
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Jasper Dean Posted at 7-9 06:45
Where is the documentation stating there is no custom white ballance. And the post isnt even about White Ballance. Give me a break....

We're not talking white balance.
You stated the native iso is 100.  Based on absolutely no data what-so-ever.
Why did you make that claim?

Lots of us would love to know what the native iso is but have been completely unable to find any specification lists stating it.
2019-7-12
Use props
Jasper Dean
lvl.4
United States

gnirtS Posted at 7-12 00:54
We're not talking white balance.
You stated the native iso is 100.  Based on absolutely no data what-so-ever.
Why did you make that claim?

You were talking white ballance claiming there is no "custom" white ballance (post#11) of which you were incorrect. You stated that without documentation.

The reason you are not finding data on the Native ISO is because there isnt any provided by DJI for the M2P...
Native ISO is where you get the least noise with the best dynamic range and/or "no amplification". On the M2P that is ISO 100 period. Check the reviews. That is why I stated that "without documentation" (that does not exsist).

I really didnt think I would get picked on for that. I haven't been here for a couple of months because of crap like you. I guess I'll wait a few more months before offering any more assistance...
2019-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules