Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lightbridge + A2 + iOSD Mark2 Install
3858 13 2014-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hvilorio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10184222 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Hi, I have a question. I'm installing Lightbridge on my S900, using an A2 and an iOSD M2. Right now I don't have the GH4 Gimbal as it is on backorder, but I'm using the Lightbridge to control the aircraft and will be attaching an FPV camera in the mean time. I have to power the air unit via the power cable / CAN Bus. On the instruccions it says to connect this to the CAN 1 on the A2, at the moment that is connected to the IMU, the CAN port on the IMU is connected to the GPS Antenna and the Mark II is connected to the CAN port on the GPS Antenna cable... As long as it is on the CAN 1 line there is no problem, right?
On CAN 2 there is the PMU and from the PMU is the LED light.

2014-9-19
Use props
filipposole
lvl.1

Italy

I think it is a good setting, if in future DJI releases some new firmware maybe there will be iosd implementation I suppose
2014-9-22
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Correct.. As long as the can hub is on can 1 you are good to go.
2014-9-22
Use props
wsdinc307
New
United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-9-23 06:37
Correct.. As long as the can hub is on can 1 you are good to go.

Yes, stick with the CanBus 1.

Interesting because I think there is a misprint in the 5.8VDL manual that says it should be connected to the CanBus 2
2014-9-29
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10184222 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Thanks to all!
2014-10-24
Use props
WU5C
lvl.1
United States

I have a quick question. I have the  Zenmuse Z15 GH4 HD Gimbal with the Light Bridge 2 Also I want to install the IOSD MK2  but I do not have the cable that goes from  AVO on the  IOSD to the LightBridge 2 Air end. What Cable do I need. I do not have the stereo plug on my Gimbal controller.
2017-3-9
Use props
bldodo1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 346473 ft
Austria

Hey everybody. short question, i bought a S900 + IOSD. Now i bought a LB2 and GH4 Gimbal and try now to install everything
my question is now if i still need the IOSD? or should i give it away?

As you can see i have some trouble to install everything. Maybe somebody can help? or i call the support of DJI?

Thanks for your help in advance
2017-3-28
Use props
Marcos Costa
lvl.1

Brazil

bldodo1 Posted at 2017-3-28 09:55
Hey everybody. short question, i bought a S900 + IOSD. Now i bought a LB2 and GH4 Gimbal and try now to install everything

I think that the only role iOSD will have is to locally store flight information. IN my opinion, It's a shame that A2 doesn't allow you to do that.

If that is not important for you, get rid of the extra weight.

Regards
2017-3-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

WU5C Posted at 2017-3-9 12:07
I have a quick question. I have the  Zenmuse Z15 GH4 HD Gimbal with the Light Bridge 2 Also I want to install the IOSD MK2  but I do not have the cable that goes from  AVO on the  IOSD to the LightBridge 2 Air end. What Cable do I need. I do not have the stereo plug on my Gimbal controller.

I apologize for the late response. If you're still planning to use the iOSD Mark II for flight data only, then you would just connect the module solely via the CAN connection. Since LB2 has OSD built in, you don't need the video connections.
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bldodo1 Posted at 2017-3-28 09:55

Just to clarify, are you still using an A2 or WKM, or are you upgrading the flight controller to an A3 or N3?

If you have an older flight controller, like the A2, then you can follow the advice in post #8. If you do want the flight data recording aspect, then you would just connect it to an extra CAN port when using the CAN HUB.

If you did upgrade to an A3 or N3, flight data recording is built in, so the iOSD Mark II can definitely be removed from the rig.
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Marcos Costa Posted at 2017-3-28 12:20
I think that the only role iOSD will have is to locally store flight information. IN my opinion, It's a shame that A2 doesn't allow you to do that.

If that is not important for you, get rid of the extra weight.

The option to record flight data within the flight controller just wasn't available for any of them at the time. Within recent development. the latest flight controllers are now able to do so without the need of the iOSD Mark II. It's just the nature of progress.
2017-3-29
Use props
bldodo1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 346473 ft
Austria

He all, thanks a lot for all your replies. I guess i understand everything right now. I will install the system and try it within the next days. In case of any troubles i come back. Thanks a lot for all your help.

thanks
2017-4-3
Use props
WU5C
lvl.1
United States

Hi; This is my setup
1. S900
2. A2 controller
3. LightBridge 1
4. Zenmuse Z15HD GH4 Gimbal
5. Panasonic GH4 Camera
6. Futaba T14SG
I connected everything per instructions, Upgraded air end and ground station and I was broadcasting video from the air end to my Android Device. I noted that I only had 8 channels. This is what I did to get 12 channels. I went into the System Menu on the Futaba paged down to page 4 changed the 8 channels to 12. ( I read a post on the DJI forum that everyone that tried to use the 16 channels ended in failure)  Now I cannot get my ground system to sync up with the air end. It just blinks green. I have the LB 1 connected to the Can Bus 1 as stated It was working  but limited to only 8 channels. Ok so I thought that I would go back to 8 channels in the system menu on the Futaba and all would work. Wrong!! I just get the blinking green led. Could you help me in finding what I need to do to get this S900 into the air? I had the LB 2 but that was a great mistake. I sent it back. The LB 1 seems to be the choice for the S class multi-copters.  thanks
2017-4-28
Use props
WU5C
lvl.1
United States

Hi Guys; I think that I have found my issue but I do not know how to resolve. I cannot get my video source to go from HDMI/AV to DJi HD gimbal in the DJI LightBridge Assistant. I keep getting "setting failure" How can I make this setting to my Air End?
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules