Laptop in tablet mode: can that be used for the go4 app?
1388 8 2019-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OkeyDokey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 539012 ft
United States

Hi,

I have a ASUS laptop that has a C female plug and a latptop mode setting. Is there anyone that has something similar where they can use the laptop in tablet mode for the controller?
2019-7-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We would recommend using the DJI Go 4 app using the smartphones as this can't be used in computers or laptop. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-7-4
Use props
OkeyDokey
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-4 14:18
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We would recommend using the DJI Go 4 app using the smartphones as this can't be used in computers or laptop. We do appreciate your understanding.

People use it in a tablet. My laptop works in tablet mode, wouldn't that be the same?
2019-7-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

OkeyDokey Posted at 7-5 06:21
People use it in a tablet. My laptop works in tablet mode, wouldn't that be the same?

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. This process hasn't tested by our engineers, therefore, we couldn't guarantee the outcome of this scenario as the DJI GO and DJI GO 4 app is designed for mobile devices only.
2019-7-7
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

OkeyDokey Posted at 7-5 06:21

The PC is running Windows I presume? And in both modes, "PC" and "Tablet" it still running Windows.
The DJI go4 app is an Android app (.apk file).
You would have to install an Android emulator/sandbox, i.e. "Bluestacks"
to run any Android app (.apk file).

Start here to check out the process:
https://www.google.com/search?cl ... ndroid+apps+on+a+pc

2019-7-12
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Samsung Tab Pro S which is the first Super-Amoled Windows 10 computer and Samsung makes a program called Side-Sync which mirrors your phone to your computer display and you can tab and control the mobile device on the computer. My TabPro S is a 12" 1 pound Tablet 2 in 1 PC, and I've Side-Synced my DJI GO 4 from my Samsung S7 to the TabPro S and it had minor latency which didn't make flying anymore difficult and I prefer it to that experience to the DJI Goggles I have because you get the same range flying the drone out as the limited range of the DJI Goggles.  I sure wish they would fix the range issues with the Goggles...
2019-7-12
Use props
OkeyDokey
lvl.2
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 7-12 17:54
I have a Samsung Tab Pro S which is the first Super-Amoled Windows 10 computer and Samsung makes a program called Side-Sync which mirrors your phone to your computer display and you can tab and control the mobile device on the computer. My TabPro S is a 12" 1 pound Tablet 2 in 1 PC, and I've Side-Synced my DJI GO 4 from my Samsung S7 to the TabPro S and it had minor latency which didn't make flying anymore difficult and I prefer it to that experience to the DJI Goggles I have because you get the same range flying the drone out as the limited range of the DJI Goggles.  I sure wish they would fix the range issues with the Goggles...

how much for you tab? I'm listening to the chatter now from Drone Youtubers freeking out and dumping DJI for Skydio. Don't know what to think yet
2019-11-4
Use props
OkeyDokey
lvl.2
United States

Flycaster Posted at 7-12 06:26
The PC is running Windows I presume? And in both modes, "PC" and "Tablet" it still running Windows.
The DJI go4 app is an Android app (.apk file).
You would have to install an Android emulator/sandbox, i.e. "Bluestacks"

So, I download that on the laptop, and run it in Tablet? I'm good to go?
2019-11-4
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

OkeyDokey Posted at 11-4 14:11
So, I download that on the laptop, and run it in Tablet? I'm good to go?

OK, so I take it you have downloaded the "Bluestacks" android emulator on your pc, next you have to find the DJI GO4 app to install in the emulator. You can use the latest version, or you can pick which version you want here:
https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for ... /dji.go.v4/versions
Next reboot the pc, run the emulator and then try to see if the Go4 app starts up in the emulator, and then connects to your AC controller.....
2019-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules