External Microphone Adapter for Osmo Action!
15829 33 2019-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nooky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 86106 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello,

we tested and reviewes the new external microphone adapter from DJI for the DJI Osmp Action!

The video is only in German but with ENGLISH subtitles!

This adapter allows you to connect nearly any external microphone to the new DJI Osmo Action Cam

Feel free to LIKE the Video on YOUTUBE

Other interesting information:

2019-7-5
Use props
TJay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 415830 ft
United States

Seems like a 90° adapter would be better. Maybe not so easily broken.
2019-7-5
Use props
The french globetrotter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Canada

When the adapter is available ?
2019-7-5
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

ITS FREAKING HUGE!!!
2019-7-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for sharing this amazing accessory for the DJI Osmo Action also the information provided. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
2019-7-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2019-7-5
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-7-5
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Too big for my liking, easily broken....
2019-7-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool video!
2019-7-7
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 255407 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very Nice video. I am looking forward to the release of this adapter. Any idea when it will be released?
2019-7-7
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

It is a joke if DJI not making a shoulder (size like the removable cover) at the audio adapter to seal against splash ......
2019-7-7
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Oh-no Posted at 7-7 10:59
It is a joke if DJI not making a shoulder (size like the removable cover) at the audio adapter to seal against splash ......

I tend to doubt that they will make two different adapters.  You might have to resort to bubble gum!
2019-7-7
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

ff22 Posted at 7-7 14:24
I tend to doubt that they will make two different adapters.  You might have to resort to bubble gum!

But they made it in grey color ......
2019-7-8
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Oh-no Posted at 7-8 04:12
But they made it in grey color ......

You would not want the Style Mavens to have objections to clashing colors!
2019-7-8
Use props
RogerThat1
New

Norway

Hi all.

Found this product to be smart to help supporting the adapter, as well as just using the original case when using an external mic.
Try to search for «osmo action Ulanzi microphone» on Alixpress, and you see a fine solution to make it more rigid.
But no adapter to be found yet... DJI Store in Norway wants about $50 for it, but not ready to get ripped off yet.
Not liking this when one actually have bought a camera. One could easily belive that  the adapter for Osmo pocket would work, but it does not.
I bet they put a chip in the adapter, only to shut off the audio external function if it is not the right plugg.
But, just waiting av bit, it wil be reversed engineerd soon, so no doubt this only hurts DJI reputation and potential camera sales to vlogger....
Bad choice for a normally good vendor...
RogerThat
2019-8-17
Use props
RogerThat1
New

Norway

RogerThat1 Posted at 8-17 23:36
Hi all.

Found this product to be smart to help supporting the adapter, as well as just using the original case when using an external mic.

Nope, the adapter found in dji store in Norway, is only the pocket one. No adapter available yet, then...
2019-8-17
Use props
RogerThat1
New

Norway

RogerThat1 Posted at 8-17 23:36
Hi all.

Nope, the adapter found in dji store in Norway, is only the pocket one. No adapter available yet, then...
2019-8-17
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If this almost essential item is ever released it would be much better if it could turn 90 degrees (up or down and reversible?) to be more snug to the camera.
DJi have really let us down with the protracted delay
Without an external mic input some important uses such as helmet camera and vlog with directional mic plus wind muff are not realistic - two major uses for a camera like this!

I suspect the adapter will never be released, and an Osmo Action #2 will come out when GoPro release their next model - which will finally manage without the idiotic adapter half the size of the camera.
It's an unbelievable clumsy workaround for an action camera anyway.
2019-8-18
Use props
williehowe
lvl.4
United States

4wd Posted at 8-18 00:41
If this almost essential item is ever released it would be much better if it could turn 90 degrees (up or down and reversible?) to be more snug to the camera.
Without an external mic input some important uses such as helmet camera and vlog with directional mic plus wind muff are not realistic - two major uses for a camera like this!

If that's the case I for one will lose all confidence in DJI and sell this and switch to Go Pro.  I'll start shopping for a new drone manufacturer and I'll stop recommending DJI.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.
2019-8-18
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 255407 ft
  • >>>
United States

4wd Posted at 8-18 00:41

If they don't release the adapter before the next GoPro comes out, I am switching to the new GoPro for sure.  I don't use drones, so Dji will lose me as a customer.
2019-8-18
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

Keiner problem, ich verstehe alles.

Yeah the adapter are large, it have to be to accomodate a 3 mm Jack and a USB C plug, but yes i will agree if the adapter anglet up behind the USB C it would not poke out like that.
Of course then you would have a MIC wire that come strait up,,,, but even i figure thats better than off to the side like that.

To the people threatening to go to gopro, you do know the size of their current MIC adapter for the 7  ??? it make this one seem micro.

But ! of course, maybe Gopro have done something new with the 8 model, we will see i guess.

Also you do know this are the first action camera from Dji ? so they are amaturs in this segment, so if you only play ball with the pro guys, then you should not consider this at all.
Maybe go for the Black magic micro camera at 999 USD without a C mount lens,,,,, which can get pressy expensive too.

I will also agree the wait for the mic adapter have been too long, it should have been there from day #1 when you think about the vloggin twist the front screen have put on the launch of the OA camera.

2019-8-18
Use props
NodOff
lvl.1

United States

peiter Posted at 8-18 17:01
Keiner problem, ich verstehe alles.

Yeah the adapter are large, it have to be to accomodate a 3 mm Jack and a USB C plug, but yes i will agree if the adapter anglet up behind the USB C it would not poke out like that.

Two things.

The people who are talking about going gopro, myself included, only do so because they actually HAVE a mic adapter... The Osmo action micro adapter is still a fantasy until they actually give us a date, or post it to their store.

In terms of it being their first "action" camera, they already had the pocket, and people had the EXACT same complaints there, so they were well aware of peoples issues and ire in regards to making these adapters proprietary.
2019-8-20
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

Indeed and drone cameras, but both those and the pocket i would not count as action cameras, but for sure cameras in general dji should have a good take on.
I am sure if you strap a osmo pocket to the handlebar of a dirtbike and hit the track for a few hours you will just have a camera on a gimbal like structure at the end of the day, even if you never crashed.

There are no doubt that Dji could be more forthcoming and open about many things, they should of course not let strange people around the world dictate what they do.
The Dji people in here often come off as just bots in their replies to people with questions or issues, and to me at least thats quite discouraging.
And it seem like a lot of people are eager for the Audio adapter, and since ( i assume ) it is not rocket science and will probably be outsourced for someone else to make entirely, then they should have got going on this faster.

To me it seem like one of the major things you can do to set your brand off, are on  customer care / support and relations, so many brands are just quiet as the grave, then release something, and people can then love it or hate it they dont seem to care which it is.
And thats too bad if you ask me, customer care / support / relations dont cost much, and people will understand if you say " our sub contractor have hit a problem on so and so component so XX will be delayed, we will get back when we have a firm release date"
People will understand that, and even if the release are months from now, they will in most cases be able to deal with that as now they have something to look forward to.
Just make sure when you make a promise it is one you can keep, for me personally keeping promises are one of the most important things in relations with other people, i actually often say it is one of the things that set humans apart from animals.
2019-8-20
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In threads here back to mid-May DJI employees state the adapter will be available 'soon'.
It's almost September, and now they are keeping very quiet.
They take us for fools.
The life of this camera before next version is unlikely to be much over a year, yet for months now you aren't able to realistically do basic action cam recordings like helmet mounting and vlog in anything much less than studio condition.
DJI what on earth are you doing.
Everyone initially praised this camera, but through appalling lack of support we are looking at gopro again for future purchases.
We won't forget this embarrassing episode in a hurry.
2019-8-20
Use props
Utuber_BlrBiker
lvl.1

India

The CYNOVA Microphone Adapter works like a charm!!!!
                                       WATCH MY VIDEO!!!!
Cynova Microphone adapter.. DJI OSMO ACTION

2019-10-18
Use props
fans41328daf
New
Thailand

Good they have released but boy is that cumbersome.  Got rid of my GP and Sony for the Action. I use mine for motorcycling but having gone through GoPro, Sony X3000 R, my Drift Ghost S still betters them all for mic and ease of use.  Holding onto it for a little longer.

2019-11-8
Use props
sunlit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133533 ft
Russia

4wd Posted at 8-20 10:00
In threads here back to mid-May DJI employees state the adapter will be available 'soon'.
It's almost September, and now they are keeping very quiet.
They take us for fools.

We certainly will not forget. I bought action for vlogging exclusively and they still have not delievered on the mic adapter promise!
2019-11-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Bella of 3rd party promises the replacement and  never given any other info about shipment. so its in CYBERSPACE.
2019-11-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Finally   in motion the adapter:
2019-12-2
Use props
3DM_Design
New

France

Hi ! can't we just use a generic usb-c adapter cable > 3.5 mm jack  ? This looks very fragile and impractical
2020-2-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

You can try to find one out there, but its best to use what is sold. the Cynova.
2020-2-3
Use props
Nito DJI
lvl.1
Spain

Hi all,

My Osmo Action just arrived today.
I tried with this and runs perfect.

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B073Q31YNC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Really flexible.

2020-2-11
Use props
Nito DJI
lvl.1
Spain

Nito DJI Posted at 2-11 09:08
Hi all,

My Osmo Action just arrived today.

I'm very sorry. It was a mistake. still working internal mic.
2020-2-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

glad to know/  
2020-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules