Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark not finding GPS satellites.
1467 5 2019-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
graywoulf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91033 ft
United States

Greetings,

After months on not flying my Spark but keeping the battieres charged as needed while storing them, I finally got everything out and charged all four of my batteries and performed all of the Go4 updates. I took my Spark outside to launch from where I had launched it from previously but it stays in Atti mode only. I have tried letting is sit idle for up to ten minutes but it does not lock on to any satellites. My UAV Forecast app finds 14 or more satellites almost instantly. I did the updates in Assistant 2 for the Spark as well so it's firmware is up to date also. This is very frustrating as my Spark has few flight hours on it and there have not been any crashes or any kind of harsh treatment to it. I need some help on this please. Thanks in advance.
2019-7-5
Use props
MccloudSpark
First Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Sounds like it may need a trip to DJI service.  Sometimes electronics just breaks...sorry.
2019-7-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to know about the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to calibrate your Compass also your IMU before flying to see if there would be some changes? Also, if there is a possibility that you can try to fly in a different location for us to further isolate the issue. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-7-6
Use props
graywoulf
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I will try the calibrations as soon as I can. It is hard to imagine that the Spark could fail while sitting in it's case on a table. All was fine until I did the updates to the app and firmware.
2019-7-6
Use props
graywoulf
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-7-6 08:56
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to know about the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to calibrate your Compass also your IMU before flying to see if there would be some changes? Also, if there is a possibility that you can try to fly in a different location for us to further isolate the issue. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Sorry for taking so long to finish up this post. I found the problem and it was me. I found some reflective vinyl that I thought would make a great graphic for my Spark's top shell. Turns out that the vinyl uses a layer of a metallic film to create the reflective properties. I am assuming that it is aluminum or some kind of mylar that was blocking the GPS module from picking up any satellites. Once removed, all is well. I felt like a big dummy once I realized what I had done. Thanks for the replies and suggestions. BTW, I did re-calibrate everything as well.
2020-1-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

graywoulf Posted at 1-6 20:19
Sorry for taking so long to finish up this post. I found the problem and it was me. I found some reflective vinyl that I thought would make a great graphic for my Spark's top shell. Turns out that the vinyl uses a layer of a metallic film to create the reflective properties. I am assuming that it is aluminum or some kind of mylar that was blocking the GPS module from picking up any satellites. Once removed, all is well. I felt like a big dummy once I realized what I had done. Thanks for the replies and suggestions. BTW, I did re-calibrate everything as well.

Hi, thank you for keeping us updated. We're glad that you already manage to isolate the issue that you have right now. Great job! Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you!
2020-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules