Need experts openion to fly over water body , like river, lake or sea
2019-7-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's easy to do. The one thing to remember is not to hover over the water at low altitudes.
2019-7-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I had no problems, except for the bottom sensors.
They get fooled by the shiny surface.
So I disabled them.
2019-7-6
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

Montfrooij Posted at 7-6 13:14
I had no problems, except for the bottom sensors.
They get fooled by the shiny surface.
So I disabled them.

So ur suggestion just dissable them
2019-7-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Zubayer.Khan Posted at 7-6 19:22
So ur suggestion just dissable them

Not sure if the Air allows for that, but YES, that is my suggestion.
With the MP it also improves stability, because the drone does not move around when it thinks it has to.
2019-7-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No problems at all
2019-7-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We would recommend being cautious when flying the drone near the water to prevent the incident. We're sure that our valued DJI Forum members would provide the recommendation that you may need. You may also refer to the screenshots below for reminders and notices when flying the drone near in water. Thank you for your support.

2019-7-7
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't disable any sensors whatsoever and it flies effortless. I've flown as low as 3-6 feet (keeping a real close eye of course) and never an issue. However if you knew at this then I do not suggest going that low. Try 10-15 feet first while keeping a close eye. When moving forward/backward, the drone can fluctuate with the altitude a tad lower or higher which is why you need to keep an eye on it it case you need to quickly provide elevation if need be.

2019-7-10
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Because DJI drones have an horizontal gps precision of about half a meter I suggest you fly no less than 1,5m above water surface, you can keep your sensors on even thou they are useless, just don’t hover over the water with the bottom sensors online.
If you have no gps lock don’t fly that low unless you are aretty skilled pilot.
Alway have a plan to recover your drone frmthe water were it to fall in and an active dji care agreement.
Don’t fly that low unless you really need t or you are paid to do such dangerous maneuver.
Cheers..
2019-7-10
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Second Officer
Bangladesh

Elettrone78 Posted at 7-10 14:05
Because DJI drones have an horizontal gps precision of about half a meter I suggest you fly no less than 1,5m above water surface, you can keep your sensors on even thou they are useless, just don’t hover over the water with the bottom sensors online.
Alway have a plan to recover your drone frmthe water were it to fall in and an active dji care agreement.

thank you for ur suggestion.
2019-7-10
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Second Officer
Bangladesh

SD_Pilot Posted at 7-10 08:45
I don't disable any sensors whatsoever and it flies effortless. I've flown as low as 3-6 feet (keeping a real close eye of course) and never an issue. However if you knew at this then I do not suggest going that low. Try 10-15 feet first while keeping a close eye. When moving forward/backward, the drone can fluctuate with the altitude a tad lower or higher which is why you need to keep an eye on it it case you need to quickly provide elevation if need be.

Thank you for your suggestion.
2019-7-10
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Second Officer
Bangladesh

DJI Tony Posted at 7-7 08:22
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We would recommend being cautious when flying the drone near the water to prevent the incident. We're sure that our valued DJI Forum members would provide the recommendation that you may need. You may also refer to the screenshots below for reminders and notices when flying the drone near in water. Thank you for your support.

[view_image]

2019-7-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Zubayer.Khan Posted at 7-10 20:11

You're most welcome. Should you have further concerns, please let us know. Cheers!
2019-7-11
Use props
CD5589
lvl.1
United States

Elettrone78 Posted at 7-10 14:05
Because DJI drones have an horizontal gps precision of about half a meter I suggest you fly no less than 1,5m above water surface, you can keep your sensors on even thou they are useless, just don’t hover over the water with the bottom sensors online.

Having just lost one in the water, I find it hard to ever recover unless you stay extremely close and fly over shallow water. I am assuming it sank immediately as we quickly took the boat over to the last GPS location with no luck.
2019-7-15
Use props
fans3e66c6c5
New

Germany

No Problem...Just go for it
2019-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules