Unstable Hover help
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DavidRBrown
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

Can I ask something of your expertise please.  Problem - unstable hover

For some reason on start up it tells me that im in atti mode so the aircraft wont hover correctly and to enable GPS mode.

It registers that im in P'A'&F modes. I keep the controller in P' mode.

The last flight gave me a warning of 'compass error, Exit P-GPS Mode. Ensure that there are no magnets or metal....." I'm flying in an open field.

Just after take off and in a hover the drone will rise/fall and wonder fliightly - even though im on 'P' and the P-GPS is enabled on the app.

The drone also jitters slightly.

I have Multiple Flight Mode Enabled in the setting menu.

The aircraft takes excessive time to warm up - around 2 minutes.
I have recalibrated the IMU but this doesn't cure the problem.
I have calibrated the compass.
In the sensor state menu the numbers are fluctuating.  Is this normal?

It is finding satalites.
The controller signal strength is at 5 bars.

So my question is why is it not hovering in a stable fashion? Any support or guidance will be appreciated!

2019-7-6
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

During these various stages and events how many GPS satellites are showing in the counter? What are the wind conditions?
The atti-mode thing is what I see if I boot the drone in the house and or with maybe 4 or 5 satellites showing. If I fly it in the house like that is does tend to want to wander in all three dimensions,
2019-7-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to fly in a different location to see if there would be some changes? Also, I will highly recommend you to check whether you are currently using the updated firmware. If not, kindly please update the drone's firmware to it's latest version for us to avoid any problems. Please keep us posted on the latest updates. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-7-6
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

A lot more information needed. What altitude are you hovering at ? Is it after auto take off to a height of 1.2m ? Does it switch to Atti immediately after take off ? Could it be anything to do with your previous accident ?
2019-7-6
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Do you leave a FW file with older revision on the  SD card? If yes then delete it ASAP (takes 2 min to warm up....) .....and wait for 7 or more sats got received by your bird.
2019-7-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

"The last flight gave me a warning of 'compass error, Exit P-GPS Mode. Ensure that there are no magnets or metal....." I'm flying in an open field."

This is a clue, where do you switch on the drone? Are you perhaps firing it up when close to a car, like inside, or on the tailgate?
2019-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules