Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to set waypoints in Yellow GEO zone
5335 15 2019-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joestefano1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1870 ft
United States

When I try and set waypoints in Intelligent flight mode in a GEO (yellow) zone a message on the screen states that "Waypoint cant be set in GEO zone" How can I get around this?
I have Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller. This location happens to be in my neighbor hood and I can fly without a warning.
2019-7-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Unfortunately, waypoints 2.0 feature would not support flying in the restricted areas, therefore, we couldn't be able to set the waypoint into the restricted zones. Thank you for understanding.
2019-7-7
Use props
Sig226
lvl.3
Flight distance : 218238 ft
United States

Hi,   I am having the same problem.  I need to set waypoints in a "warning zone" or "extended warning zone".  When I got my Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller 3 weeks ago I was able to do this.
Last week after an update I lost the ability to do this.

I have 3 emails from DJI support telling me I should be able to set waypoints in warning zones.  They keep saying update to the latest DJI Go App but I have the latest app that is available for the Smart Controller.

I am still able to use the waypoints I set before the update, I just can't move or add waypoints.

I have no problem doing this on my Mavic Pro.

Has anyone ever been able to set waypoints in warning zones?
Has anyone lost the ability to set waypoints in warning zones?

I have 1 more week to return my Mavic 2 Pro and its pretty useless to me if I can't set waypoints in warning zones.
The area I do most of my arial work in are warning zones and restricted areas and I have FAA authorization to perform my work in these areas.

I get the disabling in restricted areas but I don't understand why DJI would restrict waypoints in warning zones.

If anyone has information on this issue please let me know.

Thanks
2019-7-9
Use props
Niall_Mavic_2
lvl.1
Ireland

Sig226 Posted at 7-9 04:51
Hi,   I am having the same problem.  I need to set waypoints in a "warning zone" or "extended warning zone".  When I got my Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller 3 weeks ago I was able to do this.
Last week after an update I lost the ability to do this.

I have the exact same problem and dji support has been less than satisfactory. Like you, I could set waypoints until I did an update and the mavic 2 doesn't seem to have a factory reset option.
Also like you, this makes the drone quite useless to me as waypoints is the main feature I planned to use. I can't find a resolution to this anywhere on the web.
Niall
IMG-20190711-WA0002.jpeg
2019-7-13
Use props
fans8a710705
lvl.1
Guernsey

Niall_Mavic_2 Posted at 7-13 05:31
I have the exact same problem and dji support has been less than satisfactory. Like you, I could set waypoints until I did an update and the mavic 2 doesn't seem to have a factory reset option.
Also like you, this makes the drone quite useless to me as waypoints is the main feature I planned to use. I can't find a resolution to this anywhere on the web.
Niall

Same issue here. my whole area is incorrectly set to warning zone.  cant use waypoints

my zone

my zone
2019-7-21
Use props
Niall_Mavic_2
lvl.1
Ireland

fans8a710705 Posted at 7-21 11:56
Same issue here. my whole area is incorrectly set to warning zone.  cant use waypoints

but you can fly manually no problem? Just waypoints? If so please contact DJI support. I am currently over and back with them about this over email and their engineers are looking into it.
the email address is flysafe@dji.com.
the more people contact them, the more likely they'll do something about it.
Are you using the smart controller too or the standard controller with a phone/tablet?
2019-7-29
Use props
Niall_Mavic_2
lvl.1
Ireland

fans8a710705 Posted at 7-21 11:56

but you can fly manually no problem? Just waypoints? If so please contact DJI support. I am currently over and back with them about this over email and their engineers are looking into it.
the email address is flysafe@dji.com.
Are you using the smart controller too or the standard controller with a phone/tablet?
2019-7-29
Use props
Bim4
First Officer
Flight distance : 1414268 ft
France

Hello, I can add to this post that the problem occurs on Android system, but not on IOS. I'm living in a warning zone, and I've got a Smart controller and an IPhone. I can define waypoint on my IPhone but not on my Smart Controller.

And sorry for my poor english.

2019-8-8
Use props
1xraydoc
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-7 13:42
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Unfortunately, waypoints 2.0 feature would not support flying in the restricted areas, therefore, we couldn't be able to set the waypoint into the restricted zones. Thank you for understanding.
I dont understand.  If i can fly in a yellow zone without any special clearance why cant i set a preflight waypoint there? I understand more restricted areas... But not in just an enhanced warning zone... That seems quite ridiculous.  
2019-8-22
Use props
Yorkshireknight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22661 ft
Bulgaria

DJI Tony Posted at 7-7 13:42

Hi Tony , I too cannot make waypoints on my mavic 2 pro smart controller. I live in a small village in the countryside in Bulgaria and its designated a class c area. Are the tech guys looking into this or is it something we have to live with?
2019-8-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

1xraydoc Posted at 8-22 22:25
I dont understand.  If i can fly in a yellow zone without any special clearance why cant i set a preflight waypoint there? I understand more restricted areas... But not in just an enhanced warning zone... That seems quite ridiculous.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. For the locations under the warning zones or yellow zones, a warning message will be prompted, however, since interference might occur in this current situation, the autonomous flight such as waypoint or Tapfly will not be recommended as a safety precaution. But then again, you could still fly manually with this location at your own risk. You may also provide us a screenshot to check the level of our location using the geo zone map for us to coordinate this situation to possibly provide further details. Thank you for understanding.
2019-8-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Yorkshireknight Posted at 8-23 04:12
Hi Tony , I too cannot make waypoints on my mavic 2 pro smart controller. I live in a small village in the countryside in Bulgaria and its designated a class c area. Are the tech guys looking into this or is it something we have to live with?

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. You may check if the location of your flight would be restricted via this link: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map. You could also process a self unlocking using this link: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock. You may also refer to the explanation above regarding the situation. Thank you for understanding.
2019-8-26
Use props
Olddroneguy16
lvl.3
Flight distance : 944075 ft

Niall_Mavic_2 Posted at 7-29 02:29
the email address is .

I also cannot fly Waypoints 2.0. in a GEO yellow zone with my M2Z and a CrystalSky monitor. I am in contact with DJI as advised. They have been prompt in replying but so far no solution.
If I switch the CrystalSky for an iPhone (iOS) or my Moverio BT 300 glasses (Android) then I can do the Waypoints 2.0 no problem.
My issue would seem to be the CrystalSky monitor itself.
2019-9-4
Use props
djiuser_tgiA48ROPtlJ
lvl.1

Hello everyone!

Any update on this situation?
I can fly manually but usually only after Self unlocking even though i am outside the geo zone.
I havent been able to show the map or use waypoints on my smartcontroller since i bought it.
2019-9-29
Use props
Bucket
New
Flight distance : 1506 ft

DJI Tony Posted at 8-26 13:58
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. For the locations under the warning zones or yellow zones, a warning message will be prompted, however, since interference might occur in this current situation, the autonomous flight such as waypoint or Tapfly will not be recommended as a safety precaution. But then again, you could still fly manually with this location at your own risk. You may also provide us a screenshot to check the level of our location using the geo zone map for us to coordinate this situation to possibly provide further details. Thank you for understanding.

Same problem here.  My house is adjacent to a C3 warning zone, which does not begun until 150 meters above ground, which is well above the 120 meter unlicensed drone limit to begin with.  The logic of prohibiting autonomous flight in warning zones does not make complete sense, as if autonomous control fails in uncontrolled airspace, the elevation of the device may go above the (120m) 400ft limit.  
Would it be possible to change the behavior of the drone when the route includes a waypoint within a warning space?  For example, in order to execute a mission that includes waypoints in a warning zone, the user must acknowledge and accept that if the GPS signal is lost, the drone will pause the mission and maintain position attempting to re-acquire signal until manual control takes over or the battery gets low, at which time it would land where it is.
This protects DJI in that it helps prevents an errant/failing drone from exiting a warning zone into a possibly more restricted airspace.  This also allows your user to run perfectly compliant/legal missions, as long as they accept that if things go very wrong, they may loose their drone, or it may at least land in an unexpected area.

Please consider this solution, as this is a frustrating limitation.

Mike
2019-10-1
Use props
tailwindprod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127254 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-7-7 13:42

This needs to CHANGE, since as a pilot CAN be FLYING in a no-fly zone, with LAANC and DJI unlocks active, and flying under part 107... completely legally. This condition state of DRONE REMOTE  + CRAFT + SCREEN/DJI GO 4 APP is completely detectible and should allow waypoint setup thus repeatable mission set up.
2021-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules