Litchi
1337 12 2019-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666188 ft
Canada

Very excited to now have Litchi available for the Smart controller. I installed and tested it without a hitch. But was quite startled to look at the logs after and see the signal strength after. With the Smart Controller and Go 4 app, I get no signal errors which is very reassuring. But with Litchi and the Smart controller, in my tests today, 2 short flights only 50 ft away max, I got 50 to 60 “minor” signal errors on both flights. I had forced closed the Go 4 as far as I can tell. Anyone had similar problem? Also is there a way to see what apps are open on the Smart controller?
2019-7-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing your findings
2019-7-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ralphhuttonthompson. Thank you for reaching out and thank you for these information you have shared us. Just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend you to use a third party applications like the Litchi application because we are unable to ensure the compatibility and performance. We do appreciate your understanding and support. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-7-7
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Canada

With respect DJI Stephen, if DJI made a reasonable alternative to Litchi or Autopilot, I'd be happy to use it but Waypoints 2.0 is very inferior.
Having used Autopilot on my Inspire 1 Pro for several years, I can assure you these Apps open up a whole new, different and powerful world.
2019-7-7
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

You can see which apps are open using the RECENT option.  You can also close them using the Recents 'button" - press the left button next to the left control stick and tip the 5-day button (next to the right control stck) to the Left. It opens Recents - you can scroll left/right to see them. If you want to close one - then slide the app you want to close UP and off the screen - it will be closed.
2019-7-7
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Canada

Yes I just picked that up on a YouTube video ff22 but thanks. Not sure if thats the same as Forced Stop.
Weird how defensive DJI folks are. Imagine where MICROSOFT & IBM  would be today if it wasn’t for party Apps. They’d be just a footnote in the history of technology development.
2019-7-7
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Canada

Late follow up here. Airdata (healthy drones) has stated that the issue is in the way they (Airdata) handle the signal received from the drone & indicated it’s an issue they will fix. Unfortunately it’s not fixed yet and so the Sensor Map data is effectively meaningless when using Litchi. Or Autopilot for that matter. you don’t know if data is being dropped or not. Almost worse than not knowing. Let’s hope they fix it soon.
2019-8-17
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

mAIRs Posted at 10-31 19:18
Sorry but you or anyone from DJI has no place for an opinion here.... your "engineers" are to rubbish at supporting their products with taking a long time to release updates and not fixing the reported bug, so we will be using alternatives..... In this case I'm talking about the lack of support and VERY VERY laste updates to CrystalSky Go4 app....  Litch it looking like the best alternative which we know will be supported and updated in a reasonable amount of time....

Are you sure the stuff you're smoking is of genuine quality??? You're entering the open house to tell the party hosts that they do not belong here??? Perhaps you've got wrong address? Did you noticed the door sign? It says DJI FORUM!!!
2019-11-2
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-2 17:18
Are you sure the stuff you're smoking is of genuine quality??? You're entering the open house to tell the party hosts that they do not belong here??? Perhaps you've got wrong address? Did you noticed the door sign? It says DJI FORUM!!!

Was I talking to you?
2019-11-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

mAIRs Posted at 11-2 22:33
Was I talking to you?

No, you weren't talking directly to me, but it was difficult not to hear your absurdities. Forum moderators are paid to be polite no matter what. I'm not.
2019-11-3
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-3 01:13
No, you weren't talking directly to me, but it was difficult not to hear your absurdities. Forum moderators are paid to be polite no matter what. I'm not.

And??? you think your text or opinion matters? Good luck telling me what to do... I wasn't talking to you so mind your business and go fly your drone.
2019-11-3
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

mAIRs Posted at 11-3 01:19
And??? you think your text or opinion matters? Good luck telling me what to do... I wasn't talking to you so mind your business and go fly your drone.

I'm not telling you what to do, I'm just asking you to maintain good manners. Rants and insults will do nothing good, and that IS my business. We are here to help each other, not to whine. What particular aspects of Go4 app for CS you're complaining about? Be specific, more constructive, less abrasive ...
2019-11-3
Use props
Huawei De Guzman
lvl.4

Philippines

mAIRs Posted at 10-31 19:18
Sorry but you or anyone from DJI has no place for an opinion here.... your "engineers" are to rubbish at supporting their products with taking a long time to release updates and not fixing the reported bug, so we will be using alternatives..... In this case I'm talking about the lack of support and VERY VERY laste updates to CrystalSky Go4 app....  Litch it looking like the best alternative which we know will be supported and updated in a reasonable amount of time....

5 Down-votes!!!!

2019-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules