Combine DSM and KML???
1406 5 2019-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anton E
New

Sweden

Hi guys

Does anyone know if it's possible to use DSM model in the background to make Phantom flight in correct height and then use KML line to mark the flight boundary?
It would help me alot if its possible.

Does anyone know?

2019-7-8
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23671 ft
Iran

It's very useful but It seems GS RTK doesn't support this ability.
2019-7-8
Use props
Dragline49
lvl.2
United States

The workaround that I've heard mentioned on here is to crop you DSM to an area slightly larger than you are surveying. This will show up as a white box that you can draw your flightplan in.
2019-7-8
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23671 ft
Iran

Dragline49 Posted at 7-8 10:29
The workaround that I've heard mentioned on here is to crop you DSM to an area slightly larger than you are surveying. This will show up as a white box that you can draw your flightplan in.

I used this method but sometimes interested area differ from original shape. I saw this problem when created buffer area around road with many turns.

Anyone has seen this problem?
2019-7-9
Use props
hardrone
lvl.4

India

jivago Posted at 7-8 08:17
It's very useful but It seems GS RTK doesn't support this ability.

As far as I have tried and planned, it is not supported.
2019-7-17
Use props
hardrone
lvl.4

India

jivago Posted at 7-9 07:37
I used this method but sometimes interested area differ from original shape. I saw this problem when created buffer area around road with many turns.

Anyone has seen this problem?

I have got the DSM of a bigger area imported on my GSRTK.  But the area is shown smaller than the actual.

Apart from that, it is not allowing me to create waypoints in the whole area. In fact, the waypoint gets created but it does not show us the path. Sometimes PATH OPTIMIZATION helps. Sometimes, it doesn't.

Like, it allows us to access terrain following in a selected area out of the whole DSM. That too is really bad.

If anyone knows the solution to this issue, Please update the information about errors and required changes for the solution.

Thanks.
2019-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules