Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic air losts horizon level during rolling
1225 18 2019-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc9728a99
lvl.1
Flight distance : 631752 ft
Turkey

Hello everyone.
I had my Mavic air for more than 1,5 year. I have flight experiment maybe more than 500 times.
Since a few months i have noticed that my drone losts the horizon level during roll move in GPS mode.

I feel this problem at the beginning of the movement and end of the movement. I tried all gimbal, expo and gain settings but i could not fix it.
So i send my drone to DJI Services in Istanbul.
They said me, the drone passes all tests but they noticed the problem what i mentioned during flight tests.
They said me they asked to global support team. Regarding the first replay, they could not understand the problem.
So i asked them to share this video with them.
you can watch my video and if you have an advice or any idea, i would like to hear it.
thanks.My case number is CAS-3253938-W5WOC2 in dji service.

https://youtu.be/my_qJ0mt02o

2019-7-8
Use props
martinfueloep
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1551401 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Hi there! Some of your video samples show massive wind. The Mavic Air's gimbal has a limited roll angle, so if it has to fight the wind sideways, this can cause the loss of horizon.
2019-7-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is the gimbal set to follow or FPV?
2019-7-8
Use props
fansc9728a99
lvl.1
Turkey

A J Posted at 7-8 07:17

Hello, it was on follow mode. I have never changed the default settings about it  
2019-7-8
Use props
fansc9728a99
lvl.1
Turkey

A J Posted at 7-8 07:17

Hello, it was on follow mode. I have never changed the default settings about it  
2019-7-8
Use props
fansc9728a99
lvl.1
Turkey

martinfueloep Posted at 7-8 07:13
Hi there! Some of your video samples show massive wind. The Mavic Air's gimbal has a limited roll angle, so if it has to fight the wind sideways, this can cause the loss of horizon.

Hello, this video includes a few different days and conditions. Non of them were ultimate conditions i think.
Thanks for comment.
2019-7-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansc9728a99 Posted at 7-8 07:58
Hello, it was on follow mode. I have never changed the default settings about it

very odd to tilt to that extent - any idea on the wind speed?
2019-7-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, thank you for providing us the associated case number. We will forward this Forum post with the designated team to rectify this issue. We appreciate your patience.
2019-7-8
Use props
fansc9728a99
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Diana Posted at 7-8 10:21
Hi, thank you for providing us the associated case number. We will forward this Forum post with the designated team to rectify this issue. We appreciate your patience.

Hello Diana. We could not get an answer yet. I want to write that for your information. Thanks.
2019-7-11
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

for me it's wind - on photos with boats look at trees - as someone mention, gimbal got limited movement
and drone to be able to stay in one place with such wind is not flat horizontal, but already on some high sideangle countering wind.
easy visible when turning - one side will be with wind, so drone can be more leveled, other - it fight with wind - even more agresive angle and goes over gimbal possible turn
2019-7-11
Use props
fansc9728a99
lvl.1
United States

KREMi Posted at 7-11 23:25
for me it's wind - on photos with boats look at trees - as someone mention, gimbal got limited movement
and drone to be able to stay in one place with such wind is not flat horizontal, but already on some high sideangle countering wind.
easy visible when turning - one side will be with wind, so drone can be more leveled, other - it fight with wind - even more agresive angle and goes over gimbal possible turn

thanks you Kremi for your comment and valuable ideas.
but i have used this drone more than 1,5 year. i have faced this problem for 3-4 months.
in this video locations and times are so different and i have so many footage ,show that problem, i didnt put them to this video. So i dont think this problem reason of the wind.
2019-7-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansc9728a99 Posted at 7-11 22:32
Hello Diana. We could not get an answer yet. I want to write that for your information. Thanks.

Hi, thanks for getting back with us. I see that we sent you an email last Wednesday. Please reply to the email received so we can proceed with the investigations. If any questions, please let us know. Thank you.
2019-7-12
Use props
fansc9728a99
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Diana Posted at 7-12 06:52
Hi, thanks for getting back with us. I see that we sent you an email last Wednesday. Please reply to the email received so we can proceed with the investigations. If any questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Hi Diana. I could not see the e-mail on my inbox or junk or deleted mails. Only mail which i received was an activation mail for this forum account. If you can trace this  case i will be very happy. Thanks for your care.
2019-7-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansc9728a99 Posted at 7-13 04:31
Hi Diana. I could not see the e-mail on my inbox or junk or deleted mails. Only mail which i received was an activation mail for this forum account. If you can trace this  case i will be very happy. Thanks for your care.

Hi, thanks for letting me know. I resend the email again. Please let us know once received. Thank you.
2019-7-13
Use props
fansc9728a99
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Diana Posted at 7-13 08:48
Hi, thanks for letting me know. I resend the email again. Please let us know once received. Thank you.

Dear Diana,
I received the mail now which you sent to Turkish technicians. I see You asked for them the new video link. I think they will replay this mail. I can give an answer for one of your questions. There is no notification on the app while this problem happening. If you accept i can send you a raw video via wetransfer.
2019-7-13
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

issue is related to drone reactivity combating wind intrude. settings purposefully reconfigured gracefulness onto camera dynamics but it worsens drone responsiveness to intruding gust that destabilizes, hence the video warp hiccups.
try default the advanced settings back to factory of drone's reactivity
2019-7-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansc9728a99 Posted at 7-13 09:04
Dear Diana,
I received the mail now which you sent to Turkish technicians. I see You asked for them the new video link. I think they will replay this mail. I can give an answer for one of your questions. There is no notification on the app while this problem happening. If you accept i can send you a raw video via wetransfer.

Hi, we sent you a PM. Please check later. Thank you.
2019-7-13
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

to remove wind from equation You can do a video when You hold drone in hand(drone ON, motors OFF, video transmission ON, etc) for example at home and then try to mimic those fast turns. It will allow You to see where is problem - You can "make" turns at different side angles of drone. like 0(horizontal), then 15, 30, 45. that way it can be pretty fast checked is that gimball problem or not - as u can see it's hitting max angle limit or not. also restoring gimbal default values might be interesting to do.
2019-7-13
Use props
GinoC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63507 ft

Hello was this problem fixed? I have similar problems with horizon on my Mavic Air
2019-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules