FEATURE REQUEST: Auto Exposure & HDR in timelapse mode!!
1841 7 2019-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansea31380f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180994 ft
China

So this camera can adjust the shutter according to the light conditions, good. When I set the ISO manually in photo mode it automatically adjusts the exposure correctly so that the picture looks great. When this is done in timelapse however, it will not adjust the exposure beyond a certain level of shutter speed (around 1/30 sec?). This means that when you try and do a time-lapse from day to night it will just go dark when the sun sets! Despite the camera being able to get very decent night shots on low ISO using a long exposure. So its time-lapse mode is currently pretty useless.

(I know I can setup the exposure in timelapse mode manually to several seconds, but that means that when I start with this is obviously way over-exposed during the day)

Please update the firmware so that we have automatic exposure for a fixed ISO range and/or number from max shutter speed all the way to the minimum shutter speed - with option to adjust EV as well! It seems to work in photo series mode, so why can this not be properly implemented in the timelapse mode!!!?

And please add HDR to the time-lapse shooting modes! You could have the best Action cam, if you only try harder!!
2019-7-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have provided us today. Let me please forward these information/thread to the designated DJI department. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-7-13
Use props
whatever...
lvl.2
Spain

So, any update on this!? Its almost half a year! its an easy software fix!
2019-12-8
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

I agree, it would be nice if the exposure time went all the way up to selected interval's maximum in auto mode. For instance the minimum shutter speed allowed in manual mode with 2 seconds interval is 1.3 seconds; but if you choose Auto mode, it won't go slower than 1/8th of a second, although it could.
2019-12-9
Use props
whatever...
lvl.2
Spain

CemAygun Posted at 2019-12-9 18:36
I agree, it would be nice if the exposure time went all the way up to selected interval's maximum in auto mode. For instance the minimum shutter speed allowed in manual mode with 2 seconds interval is 1.3 seconds; but if you choose Auto mode, it won't go slower than 1/8th of a second, although it could.

of course it could go much slower... In the image sequence mode it goes to as low as 30 sec I believe, so really no reason not to have this. But I guess some silly live streaming is sooooo much more important! (latest fimrware updates)!
2020-4-16
Use props
whatever...
lvl.2
Spain

So.... Hello DJI?!?!! almost a year later.... and!? ...
2020-4-16
Use props
Fenn3k
New
Germany

I am also looking forward to have this implemented. I also reached out to the support twice to ask for a change to removing the 1/8 exposure limit in auto mode, but nothing yet.

So DJI, please respond :-)
2020-12-25
Use props
sandro87
lvl.1

Italy

Fenn3k Posted at 2020-12-25 16:23
I am also looking forward to have this implemented. I also reached out to the support twice to ask for a change to removing the 1/8 exposure limit in auto mode, but nothing yet.

So DJI, please respond :-)

I've come to the same issue, why there is a limit of 1/8 shutter speed in auto exposure mode is behind me!
This makes it impossible to shoot time-lapse in changing light situations like from night to day.
This is a such a stupid limit and DJI is not giving any explanation.
2021-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules