Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Care Refresh question
534 16 2019-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crosswired
Second Officer
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

Hi,
Is it possible to purchase Care Refresh on the USA online store while I'm in Ireland? I've got my drone (Mavic Air) on Amazon UK.
Asking as there is significant difference in price between European and US online stores.

Thanks in advance,
Kris
2019-7-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe DJI warranties are restricted to the region where they are purchased - so if care refresh is purchased in the US you would need to ship the drone back to the US for repair/replacement or worse, they will void the claim. You'll also need to create a video to send to DJI support to show that the drone is still working if refresh is not purchased within 48 hours of activating the drone.
2019-7-9
Use props
crosswired
Second Officer
Ireland

thanks AJ,
thought that Care Refresh works everywhere, not locally only so will get local one then
2019-7-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

crosswired Posted at 7-9 00:15
thanks AJ,
thought that Care Refresh works everywhere, not locally only so will get local one then

You're welcome
Here is the official position from DJI
https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... ?from=menu_products
2019-7-9
Use props
crosswired
Second Officer
Ireland

top man, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
anyways, cant quite get why we, mean folks in Europe are punished with higher care prices than US based guys
2019-7-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Kris, DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. For your situation, we sincerely suggest you purchase the DJI Care Refresh of EU version.
2019-7-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

crosswired Posted at 7-9 00:26
top man, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
anyways, cant quite get why we, mean folks in Europe are punished with higher care prices than US based guys

Shipping costs, tariffs, taxes mate...
2019-7-9
Use props
crosswired
Second Officer
Ireland

no shipping cost here as its digital code so its a tax probably ...ehhh EU ...
2019-7-9
Use props
crosswired
Second Officer
Ireland

DJI Susan Posted at 7-9 00:52
Hi Kris, DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. For your situation, we sincerely suggest you purchase the DJI Care Refresh of EU version.

thanks, Susan
2019-7-9
Use props
crosswired
Second Officer
Ireland

a quick one: I've purchased Care Refresh, do I need to activate it somehow or its done automatically ?
Also, Is there a way to join DJI Select if drone has been purchased on Amazon?

Cheers,
Kris
2019-7-9
Use props
Flycaster
Captain
United States

Also I believe the EU has stronger warranty "laws", and in some cases exceeding the laws for USA warrantees.
2019-7-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

crosswired Posted at 7-9 01:40
no shipping cost here as its digital code  so its a tax probably ...ehhh EU ...

As they say - the two guarantees in life: Death and Tax
2019-7-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

crosswired Posted at 7-9 04:35
a quick one: I've purchased Care Refresh, do I need to activate it somehow or its done automatically ?
Also, Is there a way to join DJI Select if drone has been purchased on Amazon?

Kris, if you are purchasing DJI Care Refresh separately for a previously purchased DJI product, DJI Care Refresh will be activated automatically within 24 hours. Your service agreement will be sent to you via email, you may check later.
Also, the DJI Select is only eligible when purchased a DJI consumer product at the DJI Online Store. I'm afraid that it is not available for the unit purchased from Amazon.
If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2019-7-10
Use props
crosswired
Second Officer
Ireland

DJI Susan Posted at 7-10 23:14
Kris, if you are purchasing DJI Care Refresh separately for a previously purchased DJI product, DJI Care Refresh will be activated automatically within 24 hours. Your service agreement will be sent to you via email, you may check later.
Also, the DJI Select is only eligible when purchased a DJI consumer product at the DJI Online Store. I'm afraid that it is not available for the unit purchased from Amazon.
If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.

Hi Susan,

Does that mean that my drone purchased from Amazon UK doesn't avail for Care Refresh?
I've received conformation email with my details and DJI Care check says:
DJI CARE REFRESH
Agreement Number        Aircraft Serial Number        Coverage Period        Remaining Times        
DC47CD22331*****        0K1CF9C3A*****        2019/07/09 - 2020/07/08        2

Would you clarify please?
Thanks in advance
Kris
Edit:
I've mixed DJI Care and DJI Select my bad, apologies
2019-7-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

crosswired Posted at 7-10 23:44
Hi Susan,

Does that mean that my drone purchased from Amazon UK doesn't avail for Care Refresh?

Sorry for the confusion. Your drone is eligible for DJI Care Refresh and you have bought it successfully, no worries.
Yes, you are not eligible for DJI Select as the drone was purchased from Amazon. More details about DJI Select, please visit this link: https://store.dji.com/select?from=store-pc-nav
2019-7-11
Use props
crosswired
Second Officer
Ireland

DJI Susan Posted at 7-11 02:50
Sorry for the confusion. Your drone is eligible for DJI Care Refresh and you have bought it successfully, no worries.
Yes, you are not eligible for DJI Select as the drone was purchased from Amazon. More details about DJI Select, please visit this link: https://store.dji.com/select?from=store-pc-nav

Thanks Susan!
2019-7-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

My pleasure. Wish you have a good time!
2019-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules