Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Everyone,

Well looks like there's a new SanDisk 1TB card on the market.  Wondering if anyone's had a chance to see if it's compatible with the Mavic Air.  I've seen some posts where it's been tested sucessfully with the Mavic 2.  Good times ahead!

• 1TB Storage Capacity
  • A2 / UHS-I / V30 / U3 / Class 10
  • Max Read Speed: 160 MB/s
  • Max Write Speed: 90 MB/s

sandisk_sdsqxa1_1t00_an6ma_extreme_microsd_1tb_card_1552663512000_1466566.jpg
2019-7-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

With only 12-14 minutes fly time on a MA i really need this one     oops, sorry bad joke!

Amazing that 1 TB can be stored on a microSD card.

When i bought my first PC it had a hard disk with 40 MB, and the shop told me "you will never get this full with data etc..."  (true that time with MSdos)

cheers
JJB
2019-7-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day RGMGFitness. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us today. JJB is correct on post #2. It is better to use multiple lower memory SD cards rather than using a single 1tb sd card for security and reliability purposes. In using an SD Card I would suggest using a recommended SD Card for your DJI Mavic Air for compatibility and reliability purposes. These recommended SD cards are tested to work properly on the said drone. In addition I will be posting the list of recommended SD cards for the DJI Mavic Air. Thank you.

2019-7-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I wonder what it costs
2019-7-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is a lot of footage
2019-7-9
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Realize the allocation prescribe gets huge addressing address location and redirect additional addresses for mp4 files large sized
Easier to understand moderator's prescribe from this purview: yes large is great, but up to the point of diminishing returns
2019-7-9
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow that's a mongo...how much?
2019-7-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

What's the price?
2019-7-9
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 7-9 18:30
What's the price?

A simple google search took me to the UK's Amazon
£453.99 UK pounds...
$565 USA Dollars at today's rate
Phew!

2019-7-9
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 7-9 05:56
When i bought my first PC it had a hard disk with 40 MB, and the shop told me "you will never get this full with data etc..."  (true that time with MSdos)

Ah those days, when floppies came in 3 flavours, 8" 5.25" and 3"...
In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
2019-7-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tomcatuk Posted at 7-9 22:39
£453.99 UK pounds...

Wow - thats expensive. You can buy a SandDisk Extreme 128gb micro SD on the UK DJI on line store for £34 now. So for £453.99 you can get 12 of those cards with 1,536gb of total storage and still have change. Not to mention the risk of losing a £454 micro sd card if the drone is lost and probably a weeks worth of footage...
2019-7-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ken Storm Posted at 7-10 01:29
In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

yep, that`s the reason we dutchies eat not only potatoes for our main meal, we solve all the major problems in the world......uhh, not   
2019-7-10
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

I would probably use that in my phone or my GoPro 6, with a battery pack, I can record 4K/60fps all day.  Probably with my Osmo Pocket as well.  I don't believe I'd use that in any of my drones, as it wouldn't be up in the air for that long and we aren't using 16K yet either.
2019-7-10
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

completely pointless in the MA, even if you had a stupid amount of batteries for the drone; the remote is going to die before you even get close to filling it.  32GB is the sweet spot for the MA
2019-7-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tomcatuk Posted at 7-9 22:39
£453.99 UK pounds...

Thanks, man that's one costly SD card
2019-7-10
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

32/64 gb is just about right, you fill it up, toss in another.
The real issue is, you loose a full tb card, all the footage/images are gone in one fell swoop.
Better to have a few smaller cards, you lose one, might not be the end of the world...
2019-7-10
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 7-9 05:56
With only 12-14 minutes fly time on a MA i really need this one     oops, sorry bad joke!

Amazing that 1 TB can be stored on a microSD card.

My first PC that I purchased before college had a 20GB HD. Then I bought an additional 20GB drive for $250 and installed it myself.
Now you can buy 10TB top-of-the-line HD for $250. 500 times larger for the same price. Makes me excited for the future of personal computing.
BUT ALSO, makes me glad I shoot everything in the highest format possible, because storage may be expensive now, but will only get cheaper from here on out.
ALSO, I don't want to look back at my drone footage just like we look at flip-phone video now days.
2019-7-10
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I personally would rather have multiple smaller cards even if I had a need for that much storage.  I'd hate to have that thing loaded up with footage and have it go bad on me or lose it in a crash/flyaway.  

With smaller cards changed out regularly, You would only lose the footage from your most recent flights instead of all of it.  When I'm doing paid gigs, I swap the cards out when I swap batteries for this reason too.
2019-7-10
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4
Singapore

KlooGee Posted at 7-10 18:25
I personally would rather have multiple smaller cards even if I had a need for that much storage.  I'd hate to have that thing loaded up with footage and have it go bad on me or lose it in a crash/flyaway.  

With smaller cards changed out regularly, You would only lose the footage from your most recent flights instead of all of it.  When I'm doing paid gigs, I swap the cards out when I swap batteries for this reason too.

easier card management with this workflow
2019-7-10
Use props
Duncandonut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

1tb is an insane size for an SD card. Myself I have 3x 64gb each for both my mavic and mavic 2 pro. Not keen on everything being on one card. Also the price is a touch on the "I need to win the lottery to purchase one" side.
2019-7-11
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Way too expensive for me. I imagine in a couple years it will be affordable. Of course then they'll have a 10TB card available.
2019-7-11
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ken Storm Posted at 7-10 01:29

My first PC used 64k hard sector 8" floppies. We've come a long way since then.
2019-7-11
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Consensus seems to be; 1) To pricey at this time 2) Not really needed for the Mavic Air  3) Better to breakup into smaller cards.

Yep...agree with all the above.  Was just curious if anyone tested it's comparability.  Curiosity kills the cat but I'm still curious.  

For the record, I try to offload my Micro-SD card as soon as I have the footage I need.  Worst thing that can happen is you get a fantastic shot and something happens to your drone or the card. Agree, that it's a better idea to carve up your footage into smaller cards.  But it's still pretty cool we can store so much data on such a small card.  
2019-7-11
Use props
Sick Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

how funny I remember my C-64 system back in the 80's
giant floppies, learning basic, and fortran, pascal when I worked for bell systems
before the big breakup.

2019-7-11
Use props
lucija
New

United Arab Emirates

Never thought that I can carry terabytes of data in a small microSD card. I am pretty confident that you are already enjoying the 1TB card and have already stored all the memories in it. I have just bought the same SD card and was looking at ways to format it as one of my friend advised me to do it. Basically, the point where I am stuck right now is how to format the card as on my Mac, I can see a lot of options that confuses me a little.

Read the following guides just now:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-format-sd-card-camera-4587017
https://www.theusables.com/how-to-format-sd-card-on-mac/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV1u-x6XhuM
From what I understand is that I have to use exFAT, but it is not clear whether 1TB is also compatible with this format.

Appreciate your help!

2020-3-17
Use props
Gephaudio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 65702 ft
United Kingdom

Great advance in memory, that amount in a micro SD. However, where would you back it up to... 1tB hard drive?
2020-3-17
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

Amazing that 1 TB can be stored on a microSD card.

That is a lot of footage
2020-3-18
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

A little overkill if you ask me.
2020-3-18
Use props
Advanced