Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is the Mavic Air intrinsically safe (explosion proof)?
4047 5 2019-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_xaURXYE9XJfF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66001 ft
United States

Is the Mavic Air intrinsically safe (explosion proof)? Is it safe to fly it in an environment where there are potential mixure of gases in the Flammable Range (Explosive Range) where the concentration range of a gas or vapor that will burn (or explode) if an ignition source is introduced? These are air mixtures in the range of the "Lower Explosive or Flammable Limit" (LEL/LFL) and the "Upper Explosive or Flammable Limit" (UEL/UFL)?

E.g flying near a drlling rig where there are potential H2S (Hydrogen Sulfide) gasses?
Thanks
2019-7-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Thank you for reaching out. Since the drone has electrical components inside, we are not recommending customers to fly near combustible materials to avoid any incidents or errors. You may refer to the image below for you to further check the Safety Guidelines of the DJI Mavic Air. Thank you for kind and understanding. Cheers!

2019-7-9
Use props
djiuser_xaURXYE9XJfF
lvl.1
United States

Hi there, ok many thanks for your reply. If users want to fly drones in these environments, e.g I know that some maritime classification societies like DNVGL, have certification to do tank or cargo hold nspection
2019-7-10
Use props
djiuser_xaURXYE9XJfF
lvl.1
United States

Hi, thanks for the reply. Does DJI have any intrinsically proof drones? I know that DNVGL, the biggest Maritime Classification society, has recently obtained certification to make surveys in ships tanks and cargo holds.
2019-7-10
Use props
Capt. Paul Drone
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-9 08:50
Hi, Thank you for reaching out. Since the drone has electrical components inside, we are not recommending customers to fly near combustible materials to avoid any incidents or errors. You may refer to the image below for you to further check the Safety Guidelines of the DJI Mavic Air. Thank you for kind and understanding. Cheers!

[view_image]

Hi again. There is no mention of this subject in the manuals but I presume it is NOT intrinsically safe.
I see Japanese drone provider Terra Drone Corporation is teaming up with Saudi oil-and-gas inspection firm NDT Corrosion Control Services Co. to form Terra Drone CCS, for various tasks in the middle east market which would include working in explosion prone environments.

Does DJI have any plans to develop "Intrinsically Safe" drones?
2019-7-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Capt. Paul Drone Posted at 7-10 21:51
Hi again. There is no mention of this subject in the manuals but I presume it is NOT intrinsically safe.
I see Japanese drone provider Terra Drone Corporation is teaming up with Saudi oil-and-gas inspection firm NDT Corrosion Control Services Co. to form Terra Drone CCS, for various tasks in the middle east market which would include working in explosion prone environments.

Thank you for the additional information. We will forward this to the designated department to confirm the best drone we may recommend that can be used on the said environmental condition. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules