818 1 2019-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb6940b97
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27392 ft
Argentina

Hi everyone
Today I was flying the spark in sport mode and when pressing RTH it shown a message that said I could not use the return home and i almost lost the signal. I just managed to put it in normal mode and thank God I can use the RTH.
My question is, what would have happened if I could not have put it in normal mode and the drone had lost the signal in sport mode? the drone would have returned even if it has been in sports mode? And without signal ?

2019-7-9
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Yes. Mode does not matter.

The fact that you regained RTH ability after switching modes is just a coincidence. You were probably operating on the verge of losing link between RC and AC.

If you lose signal between RC and Spark, Spark will automatically start RTH procedure after few seconds after signal is lost. It will return to where the home point was last registered. Usually you will regain contact between Spark and RC while the Spark is getting closer to you while flying back in RTH mode. You can than cancel RTH. Few seconds delay is programmed into firmware to avoid immediate automatic RTH when you are operating close to the communication limit or a signal is lost for another reason for a brief moment.

Mirek
2019-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules