Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air IMU calibraton not starting
2577 10 2019-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vidjcb
Captain
Flight distance : 13236237 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dear Forum,

Facts:

• No crashes
  • Previous flight ended without alarms or issues
  • Antennas were deployed and gimbal case removed before powering on the drone

I've tried all sort of things none of them crazy as smashing or cooling in the freezer the drone. But everything started after I applied the latest firmware. I also tried using the DJI Assistant 2 to re-apply that firmware. None of that worked.

• Shall am I forced to send the drone for inspection?
  • Do you guys know how apply a previous firmware version? Neither DJI Assistant 2 nor Remote Controller (long press the avatar icon) are showing me previous firmware version.
  • Shall I reconnect all gimbal cables? This is risky but I consider doing that rather than freezing / smashing the drone
  • Should I be able to order a new spare IMU or gimbal and try replacing it myself? I’ve found very detailed videos about how entirely teardown the Mavic Air.

All in all, any guidance or hint will be greatly appreciated!

Best,

VIDJCB

2019-7-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask what happened if you try to calibrate the IMU of your aircraft? Did you encounter any error message in the application during the calibration? Have you tried to calibrate in an open area without any interferences? You may try to connect your phone directly to the aircraft via wi-fi and re-calibrate the IMU to see if there will be changes. For additional information, DJI doesn't recommend fixing the drone by our customer's end as this process would void the warranty of the unit. Please let us know the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-10
Use props
Vidjcb
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-10 08:30
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask what happened if you try to calibrate the IMU of your aircraft? Did you encounter any error message in the application during the calibration? Have you tried to calibrate in an open area without any interferences? You may try to connect your phone directly to the aircraft via wi-fi and re-calibrate the IMU to see if there will be changes. For additional information, DJI doesn't recommend fixing the drone by our customer's end as this process would void the warranty of the unit. Please let us know the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.

When I try calibrating the IMU of the aircraft, just nothing happens. The first time I tried was in an open area.

I probably have left the option to use the phone without the RC again in an open area to avoid interruptions.

I've been using the aircraft for over a year (14 months), so I believe there is no warranty available. That’s why I would consider opening it. If things not work, I know DJI repair services is the option I must take

Thanks,

VIDJCB
2019-7-10
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

When trying an IMU calibration, are you placing it on a flat/level surface?  I made the below video a couple years ago for the Spark.  The same process would apply for the Mavic Air as well.

2019-7-10
Use props
Vidjcb
Captain
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 7-10 18:38
When trying an IMU calibration, are you placing it on a flat/level surface?  I made the below video a couple years ago for the Spark.  The same process would apply for the Mavic Air as well.

https://youtu.be/wYCK6HXwLTs

Thanks for the video and for participating. Yes, it was on a flat / level surface. It just not start asking for change it to a different position.
2019-7-11
Use props
Vidjcb
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dear Forum,

One more update here:

I did a device reboot, which mean, I power cycled the iPhone, just in case any involvement to the issue. Also, I connected the aircraft via Wi-Fi to discard any potential firmware or incompatibility. However, nothing of that helped.

I forgot to mention before, I was able to update the firmware of all my batteries, which happens whenever the aircraft firmware is updated. No issues here and the process ended normally.

One more thing I am considering is “Factory Reset” but before find a way to back up everything is logged in the aircraft, I know I can complete this via DJI Assistant 2. I am not sure if the factory reset, removes everything is logged since I owned the aircraft. Its been 90 hours, 440 flights and 800 Km in the air. I don’t really want to miss my logs.

Also, it’s also pending re-attach all cables between the gimbal and IMU / main board, before send the aircraft for repair.

Have all a safe flight.
2019-7-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Vidjcb Posted at 7-11 10:19
Dear Forum,

One more update here:

Hi, we do appreciate your update in regards to this situation If you could consider us sending a short video regarding this IMU matter for further check. However, we have recommended repair centers as well that may near in your location that you could consider. Please see the link below for reference. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2019-7-11
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vidjcb Posted at 7-11 07:41
Thanks for the video and for participating. Yes, it was on a flat / level surface. It just not start asking for change it to a different position.

Would it be possible to take a video showing what you are seeing on the screen while also showing the position of the aircraft?  
2019-7-11
Use props
Vidjcb
Captain
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 7-11 17:13
Would it be possible to take a video showing what you are seeing on the screen while also showing the position of the aircraft?

Sure! I am going to do that. Thanks for answering once again
2019-7-12
Use props
djiuser_bjJL3rH78uvr
lvl.1

Croatia

I know that this is an old thread, but did you managed to fix your drone or imu replacent was the only way?
I'm having the same issue... Never crashed, drone is Like New.. everything was fine at last flight, no warnings, no malfunctions, nothing.. it just stopped to work for no reason.. things Like that never happend on cheap geekbuy drones
2020-5-16
Use props
Vidjcb
Captain
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_bjJL3rH78uvr Posted at 5-16 08:50
I know that this is an old thread, but did you managed to fix your drone or imu replacent was the only way?
I'm having the same issue... Never crashed, drone is Like New.. everything was fine at last flight, no warnings, no malfunctions, nothing.. it just stopped to work for no reason.. things Like that never happend on cheap geekbuy drones

Hi, I tried one more time calibrate the drone on a open space an it didn't work. I am using my Mavic zoom but I am looking forward to try one more time. That said, I'll keep you posted.

Best,
2020-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules