Gimbal tilt/controller problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MStoneDK
lvl.1
Denmark

i have a problem with my phantom 3 adv.
I unfortunately crashed it. And the upper mount plate broke. This plate has been replaced. But after the crash i have found out that i can't tilt the camera/gimbal using the controller. But if i tilt the gimbal using the phone connected, everything is ok. I have as menitioned replaced the upper plate, and i have now replaced the flex cable but the problem still exists?

I have calibrated IMU, Controller and gimbal, no problems shown here. When i calibrate the controller i can see that the scroll button on the controller i working.

What can be wrong with my drone?
2019-7-10
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not that it is a solution but, assuming your attempts to tilt the camera were with the dial, have you tried setting either of the switches C1 or C2 to "camera forward/down" and seeing if that works?
2019-7-10
Use props
MStoneDK
lvl.1
Denmark

Sean-newbie Posted at 7-10 05:39
Not that it is a solution but, assuming your attempts to tilt the camera were with the dial, have you tried setting either of the switches C1 or C2 to "camera forward/down" and seeing if that works?

Hi

Yes, i have defined C1 to "camera forward/down" and it works, and again if i tilt the camera using the phone i also works. Well i guess that i just have go a step more backwards and change some more cables. Even though i really think it is weird.

Regards
Morten
2019-7-10
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When you say you have calibrated the controller, and meaning no offence, are you sure?
I ask because when I initially tried calibrating the sticks etc. it turns out that I misunderstood the process, I intially thought that after opening the calibration menu and waggling the sticks etc, pressing "start" completed the calibration based on the preceeding waggling and then all I needed to do was press "done". It turns out that I needed to waggle the sticks etc. between pressing "start" and "done". Ok I was perhaps daft but ........
2019-7-10
Use props
MStoneDK
lvl.1
Denmark

Sean-newbie Posted at 7-10 07:59
When you say you have calibrated the controller, and meaning no offence, are you sure?
I ask because when I initially tried calibrating the sticks etc. it turns out that I misunderstood the process, I intially thought that after opening the calibration menu and waggling the sticks etc, pressing "start" completed the calibration based on the preceeding waggling and then all I needed to do was press "done". It turns out that I needed to waggle the sticks etc. between pressing "start" and "done". Ok I was perhaps daft but ........

I'll have a go at it again
2019-7-10
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I hope it works/ed
2019-7-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MStoneDK. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. Since this unfortunate incident happened I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to fix and a corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the said drone; otherwise, valid charges will apply.  Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY dissembling and reassembling your DJI drone. To avoid further damage on the said unit and this process can void the warranty of the said drone as well. Thank for understanding and for your support.
2019-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules