Drone assist VS DJI Geomap
2083 9 2019-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JonsMavic2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi All,

I have recntly purchased a Mavic 2 Pro, i live in Northwich in Cheshire.  Most of the places that i fly in are High risk due to Manchester CTR but as i understand it i can fly in these areas as along as follow the drone code.  I work away during the week in Lytham St Annes, i have found a slither of land on drone assist between Warton and blackpool that i can fly  My question is why doesnt the drone assist ((NATS) map tie up with the DJI Geomap and which one do i trust more?  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Jon

NATS

NATS

DJI

DJI
2019-7-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Thank you for bringing this query to us. We highly recommend using the DJI Geomap to check wherein the location is inside the DJI No-Fly zone. For further details for the DJI No-Fly zone also if you are having trouble unlocking an area, you may contact directly our designated department at flysafe@dji.com. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-7-11
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

*ALWAYS* drone assist.  It uses accurate, up-to-date information from NATS/CAA/Notam.  DJI Geo doesnt do any of that.  If you want to remain legal you go by drone assist.
2019-7-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

gnirtS Posted at 7-12 00:55
*ALWAYS* drone assist.  It uses accurate, up-to-date information from NATS/CAA/Notam.  DJI Geo doesnt do any of that.  If you want to remain legal you go by drone assist.

Didn't think blackpool airport was even active any more so no need for a NFZ.
2019-7-12
Use props
JonsMavic2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks everyone for your help on this
2019-7-12
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

As well as the NATS software I would also recommend Skymap, which covers the UK and the whole world if you are flying abroad. For the UK, if you look at the advisaries in any area, if they are airport related it also has all of the telephone numbers for the air traffic control towers.
2019-7-15
Use props
hurstja
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43602 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

SPIKE_151 Posted at 7-15 06:27
As well as the NATS software I would also recommend Skymap, which covers the UK and the whole world if you are flying abroad. For the UK, if you look at the advisaries in any area, if they are airport related it also has all of the telephone numbers for the air traffic control towers.

What Skymap app are you referring to?
2019-7-15
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

I do beg your pardon, it is actually called Airmap not Skymap.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/airmap-for-drones/id1042824733

2019-7-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check DJI Geo first as if marked an NFZ by DJI your drone will land/not take off at that location... Then check NATS for added safety on temp NFZ's etc. So both should be checked.
2019-7-16
Use props
djiuser_QRAxwpNa8mcT
New
United Kingdom

After looking at the terms for safeguarding the areodrome. It says this circled ⭕️ Which the airport closes at 9pm. So could this be the reason that Blackpool doesn’t have a geo zone??. Also would you take this as you don’t have to ask permission if you have the right credentials after the airport is closed???
2021-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules