Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gamepad Control Options
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Hi All,
I own quite a number of drones and robots, including a DJI Tello and a Tello EDU.
So far, DJI has shown us how the RoboMaster S1 can be controlled using a Android or iOS device or a PC running Windows 10.
Product reviews have also shown us the Gamepad Controller, but that device is not yet available on the market, it seems.

As an often pilot/driver of robots/drones, I would like to control the RoboMaster S1 with the additional devices:
  • the DJI Controller used with the RoboMaster Standard robot; and
  • wired or bluetooth gamepad controller such as the F310vor XBox gamepad.
In both cases, the Android/iOS device or PC would continue serving as the FPV monitor.

2019-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi rhoude57 - YUL, we will have the gamepad controller to be released soon, please note our online store of the future update, thank you.
2019-7-12
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143898 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-12 01:04
Hi rhoude57 - YUL, we will have the gamepad controller to be released soon, please note our online store of the future update, thank you.

I hope it comes out soon with a joystick and the same control function as the existing DJI drones.
2019-7-12
Use props
Rocky2
lvl.1
United States

Malibu Aerial Posted at 7-12 06:19
I hope it comes out soon with a joystick and the same control function as the existing DJI drones.

Hey Malibu. From what I have seen around the interwebs and in the user manual, the gamepad has one stick to control chassis movement (X and Y axis), and the device running the Robomaster app will control the gimbal (Z axis). There's the option of using a USB mouse instead of the device screen, and buttons are thrown in to more quickly launch special functions.  Seems quite different from the existing drone controllers.
2019-7-12
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Rocky2 Posted at 7-12 07:02
Hey Malibu. From what I have seen around the interwebs and in the user manual, the gamepad has one stick to control chassis movement (X and Y axis), and the device running the Robomaster app will control the gimbal (Z axis). There's the option of using a USB mouse instead of the device screen, and buttons are thrown in to more quickly launch special functions.  Seems quite different from the existing drone controllers.

Indeed. That's the same perception I got when looking at Product Reviews going around.
Instead of this custom gamepad controller that will probably work with nothing other than the S1, I would rather have the option of using the RoboMaster Smart Remote Control used with the upscale RoboMaster robots, or a commerciaaly available gamepad like the Logitech F310, XBox Gamepad or Gamesir T1 (T1d, T1r or T1s).
2019-7-12
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
United States

I just found a picture of the gamepad and it looks like you still need to attach your smartphone for the screen and turns.
2019-7-12
Use props
Rocky2
lvl.1
United States

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 7-12 11:05
Indeed. That's the same perception I got when looking at Product Reviews going around.
Instead of this custom gamepad controller that will probably work with nothing other than the S1, I would rather have the option of using the RoboMaster Smart Remote Control used with the upscale RoboMaster robots, or a commerciaaly available gamepad like the Logitech F310, XBox Gamepad or Gamesir T1 (T1d, T1r or T1s).

I'm with you there, rhoude. That would be a nice option!
2019-7-12
Use props
Rocky2
lvl.1
United States

Malibu Aerial Posted at 7-12 12:43
I just found a picture of the gamepad and it looks like you still need to attach your smartphone for the screen and turns.[view_image]

Yep. And you can attach a mouse to take are of the turns if desired.  When I learned there was only one stick, my position changed to "on the fence".  That second stick for yaw would make all the difference.
2019-7-12
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Malibu Aerial Posted at 7-12 12:43
I just found a picture of the gamepad and it looks like you still need to attach your smartphone for the screen and turns.[view_image]

My right-hand thumbs twitches for that right-hand joystick. And working with a mouse is quite a lame quickfix, IMHO.
2019-7-13
Use props
Chazerix
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

With all the demo videos out, it looked like the controller was going to be included. I was pretty disappointed when my S1 showed up this week without one.
2019-7-14
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
United States

Chazerix Posted at 7-14 12:25
With all the demo videos out, it looked like the controller was going to be included. I was pretty disappointed when my S1 showed up this week without one.

From what I heard, it will be bundled with other accessories like extra battery.  Hopefully, it won't be too expensive.
2019-7-14
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
United States

With all the demo videos out, it looked like the controller was going to be included. I was pretty disappointed when my S1 showed up this week without one.

I just checked DJI store and it looks like the Gamepad is available now for a whopping $79.  Whatever happened to the Playmore kit that everyone was talking about?
2019-7-14
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Most product reviewers were pretty adamant about the fact that the gamepad controller was going to be sold separately as an accessory.
2019-7-15
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 7-15 08:58
Most product reviewers were pretty adamant about the fact that the gamepad controller was going to be sold separately as an accessory.

This gamepad cost a bit higher than usual.  Can we replace it with other gamepad already on market?
2019-7-23
Use props
rddrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19390 ft
  • >>>
United States

It seems that the Gamepad will only work with an Android, not an iPhone.  As I understand it, there is a USB cable connection from the mobile device to the GamePad.  I could not find any reference to connecting an iOS device to the GamePad.  Can some one please confirm if an iOS device can be used with the Robomaster GamePad?
thanks
2019-8-22
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

MAVICDLNM Posted at 7-23 22:51
This gamepad cost a bit higher than usual.  Can we replace it with other gamepad already on market?

Right now, no... The DJI Intelligent Gamepad is the only option available.
2019-8-22
Use props
Squidster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21332 ft
United States

rddrone Posted at 8-22 20:18
It seems that the Gamepad will only work with an Android, not an iPhone.  As I understand it, there is a USB cable connection from the mobile device to the GamePad.  I could not find any reference to connecting an iOS device to the GamePad.  Can some one please confirm if an iOS device can be used with the Robomaster GamePad?
thanks

I just got it yesterday and can use the controller with my IPad air 1st gen.  so it works with IOS.
2019-8-23
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
United States

It seems that the Gamepad will only work with an Android, not an iPhone.  As I understand it, there is a USB cable connection from the mobile device to the GamePad.  I could not find any reference to connecting an iOS device to the GamePad.  Can some one please confirm if an iOS device can be used with the Robomaster GamePad?
thanks

It works on IOS device using the same USB port that you use for Android.
2019-8-23
Use props
rddrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19390 ft
  • >>>
United States

thanks

thanks for the comments - I have confirmed that the GamePad works with an iPhone.  I guess this should be expected considering how DJI supports iOS on their drones - it's curious that it was not mentioned in any of the documentation.
2019-8-25
Use props
Cat Hunter
New
Germany

Hi!
Does anyone here know whether bluetooth gamepads work with the iOS app? With Android it worked like a charm, but I don't get the controller working with my iPhone...
Best, Peter
2019-12-26
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Cat Hunter Posted at 12-26 10:25
Hi!
Does anyone here know whether bluetooth gamepads work with the iOS app? With Android it worked like a charm, but I don't get the controller working with my iPhone...
Best, Peter

The Gamesir T1d, T1r or T1s should work with both Android and iOS smartphones.

Some of the older T1r gamepad controllers might not be running firmware that support the iOS Bluetooth protocol. If you are buying a used T1r, I suggest you try before you buy.
2019-12-26
Use props
Cat Hunter
New
Germany

Thanks for the answer. I tried the XBox controller, but this seems not to work. Will support be added eventually?
2019-12-27
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Cat Hunter Posted at 12-27 13:30
Thanks for the answer. I tried the XBox controller, but this seems not to work. Will support be added eventually?

I'm not sure DJI will ever implement full dual joystick/gamepad control options for the RoboMaster S1. The DJI Developers seem to believe a joystick is not precise/accurate enough to control turret pointing.

And Chinese FPS gamers, a target population for the RoboMaster S1, seem to prefer the "old school" keyboard and mouse controls, as demonstrated by the ability to add a mouse and keyboard to the DJI RoboMaster S1 Gamepad Controller.
2019-12-27
Use props
Zalastar
lvl.1

United States

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 2019-12-27 14:13
I'm not sure DJI will ever implement full dual joystick/gamepad control options for the RoboMaster S1. The DJI Developers seem to believe a joystick is not precise/accurate enough to control turret pointing.

And Chinese FPS gamers, a target population for the RoboMaster S1, seem to prefer the "old school" keyboard and mouse controls, as demonstrated by the ability to add a mouse and keyboard to the DJI RoboMaster S1 Gamepad Controller.

Remember these?

I have two of them I have been kicking around the back of my closet for years. I am going to make some sort of command and control station out of one of these. :-)

2020-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules