Cache Mode is activated
3102 10 2019-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ETECSOLAR
New

Brazil

Hello friends!
I have a Spark and I can not record photos and videos on the card, trying to do it appears that Cache Mode is activated and I can not disable it.
Has anyone ever experienced this?

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-12 at 09.54.28.jpeg
2019-7-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry for the trouble that this has caused. It is normal that there would be a cache file that was generated and it will be saved on the mobile device storage. May I ask if what is the brand of your SD card? Can you please try to back-up all the files inside of your SD card then try to reformat it to see if you can now record a video or shot some photos or to see if it will now save in your SD card. Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you for your kind and understanding!
2019-7-12
Use props
M ZH
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hello
I would like to add my name here, I have the same problem. I have the DJI Mavic 2 PRO with an RC Pro controller and I took some great photos during my holidays. The first photos it saved me normally, in a high resolution. Then it suddenly changed and a message came up that now the photos are saved in this cache space. I didn't think anything of it. But afterwards I had to realise that the resolution is just crap - each photo has 1 MB and is pixelated when you look at it on the computer. I have my SD card in the RC PRO controller - the name is SanDisk 128 GB. I have only used 1 GB of it and therefore have enough memory. I am extremely frustrated as they would be such great photos!
What can I do? Please help quickly.
Greetings, Mira
2023-9-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

M ZH Posted at 9-21 23:15
Hello
I would like to add my name here, I have the same problem. I have the DJI Mavic 2 PRO with an RC Pro controller and I took some great photos during my holidays. The first photos it saved me normally, in a high resolution. Then it suddenly changed and a message came up that now the photos are saved in this cache space. I didn't think anything of it. But afterwards I had to realise that the resolution is just crap - each photo has 1 MB and is pixelated when you look at it on the computer. I have my SD card in the RC PRO controller - the name is SanDisk 128 GB. I have only used 1 GB of it and therefore have enough memory. I am extremely frustrated as they would be such great photos!
What can I do? Please help quickly.

Hi Mira, sorry for the issue you encountered. May double confirm if the SD card was mounted in the drone or in the Smart Controller? If it was in the aircraft, you may try to use a different SD card and check again to see if the picture can be saved on the SD card.
If it was in the controller, you may double-check the files on the aircraft to see if they are in full resolution.
2023-9-22
Use props
M ZH
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi
Thanks for the quick reply. I always have the SD card in the controller. What do you mean "If it was in the controller, you can check the files in the aircraft again". How can I check it in the flight unit? Greetings
2023-9-22
Use props
M ZH
lvl.1

Switzerland

I checked now - the fotos aren't on the aircraft.... Do you have any other ideas what the problem could be? How can I set this in the controller so that it doesn't happen anymore? Would it be better if the SD card was in the drone?
2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

M ZH Posted at 9-22 05:42
I checked now - the fotos aren't on the aircraft.... Do you have any other ideas what the problem could be? How can I set this in the controller so that it doesn't happen anymore? Would it be better if the SD card was in the drone?

Thank you for your confirmation. Yes, you are recommended to have an SD card on the drone, because when the internal storage of the Mavic 2 Pro runs out, the pictures that are saved on the controller will only be the transmission image.
Please try to use an SD card on the aircraft, and make sure to set the storage to save the files to the external SD card, take some pictures and check the pictures on the SD card in the aircraft again. See if all is good.
2023-9-23
Use props
M ZH
lvl.1

Switzerland

Thank you for the answer. And how exactly do I have to set that the pictures should be saved on the SD card after I have inserted them in the drone itself (flying device)?

Just not so that there is an error again.

That is, it can't work at all if I have the SD card on the controller?
2023-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

M ZH Posted at 9-25 06:12
Thank you for the answer. And how exactly do I have to set that the pictures should be saved on the SD card after I have inserted them in the drone itself (flying device)?

Just not so that there is an error again.

You can tap the following icon and then enter the Settings page to change the storage path.
When the microSD card is not inserted, photos/videos can only be saved in the aircraft. Once the aircraft storage is full, photos/videos will be saved in the mobile device/Smart Controller in the form of a cache (regardless of whether the “Cache video when recording” option is enabled or not).
2023-9-25
Use props
M ZH
lvl.1

Switzerland

But that would mean that I could also have the SD card in the controller. Or not?
It would then be important to make sure that the memory of the aircraft is never full! Is that correct? Or would you still recommend having the memory card in the aircraft?
2023-9-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

M ZH Posted at 9-26 23:40
But that would mean that I could also have the SD card in the controller. Or not?
It would then be important to make sure that the memory of the aircraft is never full! Is that correct? Or would you still recommend having the memory card in the aircraft?

Hello, there. Theoretically, yes. However, you can not use the iPad GS Pro App to execute flight missions normally without inserting an SD card into the aircraft unless you do not use it for photography.
To enjoy a better experience, we recommend you insert an SD card on both aircraft and remote.
Please make sure to whether the memory is enough during the flight.
2023-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules