Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
External mic or not?
2069 5 2019-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TioRi
lvl.2

Brazil

I'm getting  my Pocket shortly. I'm going to mainly be  using it to record   songs of the cover band and singers(Jazz) that I'm involved with. Would using a rode video mic enhance the sound even at a distance. Or should I just  stick to built in mic. From what I've seen it's pretty good.
2019-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day TioRi. Thank you for choosing DJI and for the inquiry. I would suggest using and external mic for higher-quality sound recording. You will be needing a 3.5mm Adapter that allows the user to plug in an external 3.5mm microphone into DJI Osmo Pocket for higher-quality sound recording. In addition it is recommended to use audio-technica atr-6550, Rode VideoMic Pro, Rode VideoMicro, Azden sgm-990, Sennheiser MKE400, Sony ecm-ds70p, DJI fm-15 FlexiMic and other mainstream brands with 3.5mm microphones. For additional reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the overview and the specifications of the DJI Osmo Pocket 3.5mm Adapter. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/os ... t-v2&position=0

2019-7-12
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-12 12:53
Hello and good day TioRi. Thank you for choosing DJI and for the inquiry. I would suggest using and external mic for higher-quality sound recording. You will be needing a 3.5mm Adapter that allows the user to plug in an external 3.5mm microphone into DJI Osmo Pocket for higher-quality sound recording. In addition it is recommended to use audio-technica atr-6550, Rode VideoMic Pro, Rode VideoMicro, Azden sgm-990, Sennheiser MKE400, Sony ecm-ds70p, DJI fm-15 FlexiMic and other mainstream brands with 3.5mm microphones. For additional reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the overview and the specifications of the DJI Osmo Pocket 3.5mm Adapter. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-pocket-3-5mm-adapter?from=search-result-v2&position=0

It's interesting that you suggest the DJI fm-15 flexiMic as being better than using the internal microphones. At less than £5:00 in the UK and officially not available in the UK, it has a quoted frequency response of 100Hz to 10kHz.
Flexi-Mic at Amazon
I think if recording inside and wind noise is not much of an issue the internal mics are quite good if you make sure the bottom mic is not covered over. I'm also not convinced the Rhode video micro has a powerful enough output unless DJI have tested it.
2019-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 7-12 13:21
It's interesting that you suggest the DJI fm-15 flexiMic as being better than using the internal microphones. At less than £5:00 in the UK and officially not available in the UK, it has a quoted frequency response of 100Hz to 10kHz.
Flexi-Mic at Amazon
I think if recording inside and wind noise is not much of an issue the internal mics are quite good if you make sure the bottom mic is not covered over. I'm also not convinced the Rhode video micro has a powerful enough output unless DJI have tested it.

Hello and good day Ray-CubeAce. Thank you for sharing these information and your insights with regards to these matter. Rest assured that these information are noted and I will forward this thread to the designated department for further development. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-12
Use props
TioRi
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-12 12:53

https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-pocket-3-5mm-adapter?from=search-result-v2&position=0
I was thinking about Rode video mic, but from the tests I've seen, it didn't really seem to make a difference unless close.

I've had a quick look at the Azden suggested and wow it sounds perfect as can adjust distance etc.

Dji just needs to make a splitter so can use mic and wireless kit or battery at same time
2019-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

TioRi Posted at 7-12 14:09
I was thinking about Rode video mic, but from the tests I've seen, it didn't really seem to make a difference unless close.

I've had a quick look at the Azden suggested and wow it sounds perfect as can adjust distance etc.

Thank you for the additional information you have shared with us. Let me please forward this information to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket and it's accessories. Thank you.
2019-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules