Phantom 4 Pro lost GPS, crashed.
975 3 2019-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChadRo
New
Flight distance : 17497 ft
United States

My wife was flying the Phantom on a residential real estate shoot. No trees, no overhead electrical, no wind, mid 80's. Read the log from the DJI controller. Basically, took off, flew to a height of 23 feet, lost GPS, fell to earth. Flight time 33 seconds. In my novice guesstimation, the drone lost GPS signal, went into ATTI mode, she didn't have time to recover from 23 feet and it crashed. The drone took minimal damage. The gimbal works but was knocked out of alignment and needs adjustment. One of the legs cracked and needs replacement, and the body has "popped open" at the seams and needs to be snapped into place. My question is, does DJI cover repairs due to GPS signal loss? What is the first step in the process of hopefully getting our Phantom back in the air with no cost to us? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
2019-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ChadRo. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Since there was a crash that had happened I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to fix and find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-7-12
Use props
ChadRo
New
Flight distance : 17497 ft
United States

Welp, the warranty is out. So guess I'm on my own. Wife is gonna have to practice more flying ATTI.
2019-7-12
Use props
Roog
New

Brazil

Meu phanton 3 nao é usado nem sua bateria e carregada a uns 4 meses, devo tomar alguma precaução quando for usá-lo?
2019-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules