HELP camera VERY blurry but clear close up...
657 9 2019-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
parlusk
lvl.1

United States

I got a used Phantom 4 pro from a close friend, it had been crashed. Broken gimble mount and ribbon was torn. I replaced the ribbon and gimble mount and all is well except the camera. Up close 1-2 feet it is super clear but beyond that it’s very blurry. (SEE PICS) I have updated firmware, reset camera settings, messed with auto and manual focus still nothing.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

test.jpg
test1.jpg
test2.jpg
2019-7-12
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Go into the PHOTO portion of the app.....look around the Focus/autofocus area......find the INFINITY symbol and click it......see if that helps.

Randy
2019-7-12
Use props
parlusk
lvl.1

United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 7-12 18:31
Go into the PHOTO portion of the app.....look around the Focus/autofocus area......find the INFINITY symbol and click it......see if that helps.

Randy

Thanks for the reply. I have checked all of the setting and played around with them. still no luck. I took the camera back apart just to make sure i didn't miss anything, it seem all good in there too. The odd thing is how clear it is close up.
2019-7-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

parlusk Posted at 7-12 20:05
Thanks for the reply. I have checked all of the setting and played around with them. still no luck. I took the camera back apart just to make sure i didn't miss anything, it seem all good in there too. The odd thing is how clear it is close up.

When you took the camera apart, did you remove the board containing the sensor?
2019-7-12
Use props
parlusk
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 7-12 21:06
When you took the camera apart, did you remove the board containing the sensor?

I am not sure which board is which, there are two boards in the camera, I had to remove the first one to install the new ribbon cable.
2019-7-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

parlusk Posted at 7-12 21:31
I am not sure which board is which, there are two boards in the camera, I had to remove the first one to install the new ribbon cable.

OK, then it is possible that you might have moved the camera slightly with respect to the lens, which would change what is called the back focus. I cannot tell you the procedure for fixing this, but DJI could fix it if you send the aircraft to them.
2019-7-12
Use props
parlusk
lvl.1

United States

UPDATE... Well I am not really sure what i did but i took the entire camera apart and put it back together and now it is working. The camera is clear. The only thing that comes to mind is that i didn't have the screws on the second board tight enough, buy hey a fix is a fix in my book.
2019-7-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry that I was unable to help you with your concern but we're glad that you already fixed the issue. Just a friendly reminder, we do not recommend DIY to avoid any possible additional damage on the said drone. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Happy flying always!
2019-7-13
Use props
parlusk
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-13 08:20
Hi, thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry that I was unable to help you with your concern but we're glad that you already fixed the issue. Just a friendly reminder, we do not recommend DIY to avoid any possible additional damage on the said drone. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Happy flying always!

if it were a new drone i  would have avoided taking it apart but when i received the drone it a had already been crashed
2019-7-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

parlusk Posted at 7-13 10:59
if it were a new drone i  would have avoided taking it apart but when i received the drone it a had already been crashed

Thank you for this additional information provided. If you have any inquiries or concerns please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules