Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro struck in dubai customs
2018 7 2019-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rafi_m
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328957 ft
United Arab Emirates

Hello Members, please help me on this issue. my mavic pro is struck at dubai customs. they have asked me to register to dcaa. but to register to dcaa do i need to get a drone license in dubai. i dont intend to fly here. is there anyway to clear my drone from customs without certifications. they insisted that they would charge 100AED perday after 15 days. it has been already 6 days and im clueless of what to do. anyone please give me a lead to clear the dubai customs. i just need to take it inside the country but not fly it.

thanks in advance
2019-7-13
Use props
Gazmg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

The user and the drone must be registered with the GCAA before flying or entering the country.

Worth ago go to web site and they have a direct number where you are for the GCAA.

Even recreational use you cant film or take pictures apparently,here a link to the site..

https://uavcoach.com/drone-laws-in-uae/
2019-7-13
Use props
Rafi_m
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328957 ft
United Arab Emirates

I gave a certificate with gcaa, but they wanted it from dcaa.. I'm but confused there
2019-7-13
Use props
Sick Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

Laws in Dubai

Dubai is an emirate in the UAE. In addition to the rules for RPAS established by the GCAA above, anyone who wishes to fly a drone in Dubai must also follow the rules for RPAS established by the Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA).

To fly a drone in Dubai, you must:

Register for an operator training certificate program endorsed by the DCAA to provide RPAS certifications. Sanad Academy and Exponent are two approved training providers.
    Register your drone with the DCAA. The following documents are required at registration: Company name and address, company trade/commercial license, name and contact details of RPAS, operator’s Emirates ID, passport copy with visa page (non-national), passport size photo (white background), RPAS type/model, RPAS photo, RPAS serial number, operator training certificate, insurance, national ID for tourist, flight booking for tourist. Complete DCAA registration here. Apply as a tourist here.
    Obtain a no objection certificate from DCAA.
apply here
2019-7-13
Use props
fans783fc9a7
New
Flight distance : 595755 ft
France

Hello.
Is the drone training certificate really mandatory? can I still get the autorization without it?
Thanks
2019-7-20
Use props
amilapradeep
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58146 ft
United Arab Emirates

fans783fc9a7 Posted at 7-20 23:45
Hello.
Is the drone training certificate really mandatory? can I still get the autorization without it?
Thanks

Yes it is. The process is quick. Certificate issues instantly on the same time, then you can submit to DCAA, next day it was approved for me and collected in 2 days.
2019-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

amilapradeep Posted at 8-28 04:13
Yes it is. The process is quick. Certificate issues instantly on the same time, then you can submit to DCAA, next day it was approved for me and collected in 2 days.

Thanks for helping our DJI Forum members in regards to this query. We do appreciate your support! Cheers!
2019-8-28
Use props
Volg.in
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8143 ft
United Arab Emirates

Please read this https://www.dcaa.gov.ae/en/Pages/FAQs.aspx
2019-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules