Spark battery fell while flying
805 8 2019-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CLugo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372759 ft
Puerto Rico

Last night my Spark crashed. I launched it to 200ft, flew about 400ft, and all of the sudden, I saw how it began falling down while its lights went out.  Apparently, the battery fell off during flight. It was nowhere near where the drone was found. All 4 motors and left front propeller arm (bent) are visually damaged. Do not want to think about hidden issues. It was purchased on December. Does DJI warranty covers this type of accident? I have no problem submitting all flight data and whatever they might need or ask for. I went online and learn the battery falling off is a more common issue than I thought and that some were even replaced ... Any comments or directions to follow are more than welcome. Thanks in advance...

2019-7-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the incident happened to your DJI Spark. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason for the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided.  Please note that DJI will not provide a warranty repair for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your understanding. Best Regards!
2019-7-13
Use props
CLugo
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

Thanks for your responses. I suppose I should click on the Repair Services section... Right?
2019-7-13
Use props
Slick1215
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239091 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-13 07:59
Hi, Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the incident happened to your DJI Spark. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason for the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided.  Please note that DJI will not provide a warranty repair for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your understanding. Best Regards!

I would think DJI would do anything it took to repair his spark!!!! warranty or not, it is a know issue that reflects on the hinge points of the battery. Shame, shame shame
2019-7-13
Use props
Slick1215
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239091 ft
United States

once your craft is hopefully fixed, purchase a battery retainer for a couple of dollars and sense of security. I place one on mine just in case!!!! Hope they resolve it for you.
2019-7-13
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

The likelyhood that the battery is partially damaged can also cause the battery to pop out of the SPARK. I had mine pop out and i realized after a close inspection that there was a bulge on one side of the battery.
2019-7-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Slick1215 Posted at 7-13 08:25
I would think DJI would do anything it took to repair his spark!!!! warranty or not, it is a know issue that reflects on the hinge points of the battery. Shame, shame shame

Thanks for the attention and sorry for the inconvenience. DJI will do it's best to fix the ongoing issues. However, we still need the drone for us to perform the analysis and provide the corresponding resolution. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-7-13
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32031 ft

Australia

Slick1215 Posted at 7-13 08:25
I would think DJI would do anything it took to repair his spark!!!! warranty or not, it is a know issue that reflects on the hinge points of the battery. Shame, shame shame

Yep, it seems the Spark is full of faults that should have been fixed. The fact that in a lot of cases DJI just ignores people with hardware issues, to my mind means they know about the issues and know the product should really be recalled. There are just too many same issues people have with the Spark for it to be considered a reliable product.
2019-7-13
Use props
CLugo
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

Thank you all for your responses... I started the repair request process. Yet, searching for advice and notion for the upcoming communication and instructions from DJI, I must share my experience to this point... I"m located at Puerto Rico, we are part of the United States, more likely known as a Commonwealth state. DJI system has Puerto Rico as part of SOUTH AMERICA... Being said that, I was not able to submit my request, because the system says it cannot process our zip code... I had to wait, and waste, 2 days, so I could call DJI since they operate mon - fri... When I called, the representative, almost, barely, could speak English fluently. She had a very strong foreign accent, and I had a really hard time trying to understand her... DJI did not offer an option for spanish speaking people on their options menu... But, as you can read, I am pretty good typing English... and yes, I can fluently speak it, too...  But I had to drop the call and have a shot a it again... Then a representative named Jo, had a way more understandable accent, and was more than willing and eager to help me out and get everything going and moving forward... I share this not with any interest to criticize, but to make aware of two very important issues, so customers can communicate with the company, easier and faster... Hope to count with all your support and help during my request and service process... Again, thanks to everyone...  
2019-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules