Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wear and Tear on Spark
877 6 2019-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alfredsaonoy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31923 ft
Philippines

Just got the spark this week and logged in a total of 1 hr of flight time within 6 days.

Will using the spark regularly/frequently make it more susceptible to  wear and tear? Will my batteries be affected if I'm constantly using it?  I'm just worried that my frequent use will cause issues with my drone.  I'm pretty new to this but also wanted to gain more experience in using the Spark.

I would really appreciate if anyone can suggest or at least provide me some insight on my use.
2019-7-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day alfredsaonoy. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for reaching out. Please take care of the DJI intelligent flight battery for your DJI Spark for you to be able to maximize the usage of your drone. I will be posting a link where in you can check the intelligent flight battery guidelines for the DJI Spark ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/20170719/Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines/Spark_Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines_V1.2_EN.pdf ). In additon please do not forget to prepare a pre flight check list everytime you fly your DJI Spark. I hope this can help you. Have a safe and a happy flying always. Thank you.

Capture.PNG
2019-7-13
Use props
MccloudSpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Fly as much as you can!  Both you and your Spark will enjoy it.  No issues with frequent use other than sooner or later you will most likely have one (or more) of the dreaded issues posted on this forum.  However, they are few and far between.
2019-7-13
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Way back in olden days when dinosaurs roamed the earth, I flew my R/C plane most every Saturday and Sunday when the weather was nice. Being in Northern Illinois, there were long periods when the weather wasn't nice. I had bought a pair of skis for flying, but never managed to make them work.

One of the guys informed me that it was not good for my airplanes to be flown that much.  I realized that he shows up about once a year with a new plane and -- crashes it. Mine would suffer accidents about as often, but got hundreds of flights, while his, a fraction of a flight. I discounted his advice and flew lots.
2019-7-13
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32031 ft

Australia

MccloudSpark Posted at 7-13 13:51
Fly as much as you can!  Both you and your Spark will enjoy it.  No issues with frequent use other than sooner or later you will most likely have one (or more) of the dreaded issues posted on this forum.  However, they are few and far between.

then again you might be unlucky and get one of the many Sparks that has manufacturers faults and you get problems all the time.
2019-7-13
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use my Spark regularly and had the same questions when I first began using my Spark and the short answer to your question is the Spark can handle a good amount of wear and tear.
2019-7-15
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

What amazes me is how dirty she gets just flying in the air! Clean her off, take off from a nice clean rock. Fly a battery's worth. Land to hand. "How did you get so dirty?"
2019-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules