1152 16 2019-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tactical Trvlr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 255407 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is just a bit of footage I captured using my Osmo Pocket while visiting New York City this spring. It was during this trip that I really fell in love with this camera.

2019-7-13
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

great video, brings back memories of nyc.  did you go round b&h ?
2019-7-14
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MKosmo Posted at 7-14 04:10
great video, brings back memories of nyc.  did you go round b&h ?

Yes I did. I used my Osmo Pocket and made a video of my visit to BH also. That store was incredible. I’ll post a link to that video here soon.
2019-7-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Tactical Trvlr. Thank you for sharing this beautiful video footage you have captured in New York City using your DJI Osmo Pocket. Beautiful work and thank you for your support.
2019-7-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2019-7-14
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 7-14 10:56
Nice video!

Thank you very much.
2019-7-14
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Could you please explain the "cinematic" nature of this video?
2019-7-14
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 7-14 14:26
Could you please explain the "cinematic" nature of this video?
Wow! Looking at your other posts I see you can’t help it, you’re just an asshole.

Well here you go dickhead.

cin·e·mat·ic
/ˌsinəˈmadik/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
relating to motion pictures.
"cinematic output"
having qualities characteristic of motion pictures.
"the cinematic feel of their video"
2019-7-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2019-7-14
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Tactical Trvlr Posted at 7-14 17:05
Wow! Looking at your other posts I see you can’t help it, you’re just an asshole.

Well here you go dickhead.

I am well aware of the definition.

Rather than calling me names, could you please explain how the term "cinematic" applies to your video, besides being part of the title?

As far as me being unhelpful, here is one asshole's non-cinematic reply to a question: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=190527
Maybe if I applied a LUT ........
2019-7-14
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 7-14 22:52
I am well aware of the definition.

Rather than calling me names, could you please explain how the term "cinematic" applies to your video, besides being part of the title?

Maybe you could please explain what value you are trying to add to this post with this stupid trolling question, other than the aforementioned fact that you're an asshole who gets easily offended by the term cinematic.
2019-7-15
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The video was well made, but like the other fellow, who I don't typically follow, I think the term cinematic is over used.

Generally, Cinematic is used to define a look and feel of a piece. The ratio of the video is thin on the short size, and long on the wide side. Also, shooting techniques are employed that are different from a video production. Long sweeping pans or tilts done slowly, not in slow motion. The music fits the video shots and transitions. Things like that.

Shooting the image in a flat colour space and fixing it in post is another tool, but mostly, I see that people have simply adjusted the colour to the best the OP can produce naturally. I seldom use this feature.

The OP is a perfect run and gun camera and travel camera. It's in my bag all the time, and comes out a few times a week. I don't try to use it as a production camera, but I do use footage in a production and for shots I can't get any other way.

If I'm going to try "Cinematic, I use my A7RIII, a good tripod, or a gimbal I bought for this specifically. I also have a 3 axis camera slider. It's made by Syrp, but it's programmability is great.

I hope this post helps. I hope no one starts a fight over it. I'm unlikely to answer posts that are not pleasent.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D593%26typeid%3D593

This video is more "Cinematic". Hope this helps
2019-7-15
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TheCameraGuy Posted at 7-15 07:41
The video was well made, but like the other fellow, who I don't typically follow, I think the term cinematic is over used.

Generally, Cinematic is used to define a look and feel of a piece. The ratio of the video is thin on the short size, and long on the wide side. Also, shooting techniques are employed that are different from a video production. Long sweeping pans or tilts done slowly, not in slow motion. The music fits the video shots and transitions. Things like that.

Now that my friend is how you offer constructive criticism and contribute to the forum in a positive way!

Much better than some sort of snarky comment disguised as a question, by that other idiot.

I agree the term cinematic is very overused. I used it in the title as a way to illustrate an attempt to get footage as close to "cinematic" as possible using a camera with such a tiny sensor. In my opinion for a camera of its size the Osmo Pocket is a very powerful little tool. Its certainly not a replacement for professional cinema cameras, gimbals, sliders, tripods, etc.

Even Dji's description of the OP says:
"The Compact and Intelligent Osmo Pocket Turns Any Moment into a Cinematic Memory."
So I don't see the harm in using the term in the title of my short travel video.

Thank you for the feedback and the link to a truly "cinematic" video, I have already previously watched and commented on that spectacular video. I sincerely appreciate any feedback that helps me make better videos.
2019-7-15
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

"Cinematic" has been used, ad nauseam, all over the Pocket forum. As you highlighted, I think DJI's advertising has triggered it. "Now, everyone can be Cecil B. DeMille!"
I simply asked you to explain the "cinematic" nature of the video. But, rather than explaining, you have gone defensive.

Yes; you video is nice. As is the one TheCameraGuy linked.

But, for me, good or bad, videos are videos; cinema is cinema. Words mean things.
Sorry to have hurt your feelings.

2019-7-15
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nice video. Thanks for sharing.
2019-7-15
Use props
A J