TapFly and Draw modes - entered restricted area, max distance rea...
883 10 2019-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
legan80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31043 ft

Russia

Hello everybody!
A have some problem when using intelligent flight modes - TapFly and Draw. When i click GO on the screen the error messages appear "Cannot Enter TapFly. Max flight distance reached" or " TapFly Flight Ended. Aircraft Entering Restircted Area".
I flying on Phantom 4. RC and DJI Go 4 App have a latest firmware. Beginner mode is OFF. Distance limit is OFF to. Fly zone is clean.
Any idea what it could be? Thanks for any advices)
2019-7-14
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha legan,

The Phantom 4, using the DJI GO 4 App, may not be able to do a TapFly Mission and I am fairly sure it cannot do DRAW missions.  The P4 is pretty much a upgraded P3 Pro and even can use the same Remote Controller.  

There have been upgrades with some firmware updates, so I may be wrong.  I do have a P4 and I do not remember being able to do those missions with my P4.  Maybe another member can correct me on this.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-7-15
Use props
legan80
lvl.1

Russia

Cetacean Posted at 7-15 00:51
Aloha legan,

The Phantom 4, using the DJI GO 4 App, may not be able to do a TapFly Mission and I am fairly sure it cannot do DRAW missions.  The P4 is pretty much a upgraded P3 Pro and even can use the same Remote Controller.  

Aloha Cetacean,
thanks for reply. When I click GO my P4 starts TapFly mission (shows green arrows and flies to the destination), but immediately stops and GO 4 App shows error messages. When I click Draw icon, i can draw the fly path, but getting a message that "Max flight distance reached".
Perhaps if the P4 did not support the mission TapFly, he would not have started the movement. I'll wait what the other pilots have to say
2019-7-15
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

legan80 Posted at 7-15 02:18
Aloha Cetacean,
thanks for reply. When I click GO my P4 starts TapFly mission (shows green arrows and flies to the destination), but immediately stops and GO 4 App shows error messages. When I click Draw icon, i can draw the fly path, but getting a message that "Max flight distance reached".
Perhaps if the P4 did not support the mission TapFly, he would not have started the movement. I'll wait what the other pilots have to say

Aloha legan,

Good idea.  Meanwhile, I will get my P4 out and see if it works with DRAW and TapFly.  

Any excuse to fly these birds is a good excuse to fly!  Plus the batteries need the exercise.  I already lost one cell on my P4 Remote Controller.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-7-16
Use props
legan80
lvl.1

Russia

Cetacean Posted at 7-16 00:42
Aloha legan,

Good idea.  Meanwhile, I will get my P4 out and see if it works with DRAW and TapFly.  

Hello!
I found a solution. Rolled back the flight controller version from the official V02.00.0810 to official V02.00.0700 via DJI Assistant 2. A fully cleaned version of the DJI GO 4.30.20 app and manually install 4.1.22 apk. When starting the application I refuse "Basic Fly Safe Database Update". What will happen if you agree, don't know. If nothing to do, I'll try. In the version there are bugs with EXP change, but it is tolerable. It's not often you have to change them. All intellectual modes works fine. Including DRAW.
2019-7-18
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

My thoughts on this, it wouldnt be in the app if it cant do it
2019-7-18
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

legan80 Posted at 7-18 02:04
Hello!
I found a solution. Rolled back the flight controller version from the official V02.00.0810 to official V02.00.0700 via DJI Assistant 2. A fully cleaned version of the DJI GO 4.30.20 app and manually install 4.1.22 apk. When starting the application I refuse "Basic Fly Safe Database Update". What will happen if you agree, don't know. If nothing to do, I'll try. In the version there are bugs with EXP change, but it is tolerable. It's not often you have to change them. All intellectual modes works fine. Including DRAW.

Aloha legan,

Good news!  If you have found the way to make it work as you note, you should be able to reset it back to that again if you have a problem with the Basic Fly Safe Database Update.  If you are confident with what you have done, you may want to go ahead and try the update.

At least you can fly the DRAW and TapFly.  Just as a note though, some have had problems by refusing the Basic Fly Safe Database Update, but I do not know if that would be a problem in your country.  If flight starts to get limited, or the Live View screen stops working, allow the Basic Fly Safe Database Update.  Installing the Basic Fly Safe Database Update has solved the problem in most cases.

Good to hear you got it working!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-7-19
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 7-18 18:18
My thoughts on this, it wouldnt be in the app if it cant do it

Aloha Bashy,

In the past, there have been flight options listed that were not enabled until DJI added them to the flight software or firmware.  With the P4, I have had a number of problems including not being able to Activate it when I got it.  Then there are all the problems we have dealt with helping others on the Forum.  But, you are right that a non-functioning listed option is a rarity.  

For months, I had WayPoints listed but it would not work until the Firmware was upgraded.  It all worked eventually.  I think I remember DJI had to deal with an overriding security issue before they could solve the problem, but they did.  I just used Litchi until the problem was solved.

But, I do remember DRAW being limited to specific Phantoms at one time and my TapFly just did not work.  But to be honest, I cannot remember which Phantom had the problem or if it was the same Phantom that had the problems.  I still have to check my P4 on those two flight options.

The first Phantom I had that could make TapFly work was my P4 Pro and that was a lesson.  I sent the Phantom way back into the valley while trying to do a 360 video like using CourseLock.  Not the same, and I ended up almost rear-ending the near-vertical ridge on the side of the valley.  Boy, was I ever happy for the rear Vision System and its Obstacle-Avoidance function.  One of the many times I have lucked-out as I have learned.

Good hearing from you again!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-7-19
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 7-18 18:18
My thoughts on this, it wouldnt be in the app if it cant do it

Aloha Bashy,

The latest P4 Manual lists both DRAW and TapFly.  Now I really want to give it a fly!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-7-19
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hello!

Aloha legan,

Mahalo for the update!  I just looked in the latest P4 Manual and DRAW and TapFly are both described.  Now I really want to give it a fly.  I do not remember ever giving DRAW a test flight.  Hmm.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-7-19
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hello!

Aloha legan,

Today was a good day to fly and sure enough everything worked as you indicated, Mahalo!  Unfortunately, my remote controller battery is failing faster than I had expected.  Now it only charges to 50%.  

It also started raining when I was about a quarter mile away from my house, so I had to race home.  But it was a good test and the remote controller may not charge but it still works properly.  If the weather is flyable tomorrow, I will try some more tests and flight maneuvers.

One thing is for sure though, flying really is rewarding!  I just get such a kick out of flying.  I could be depressed or otherwise unhappy about something and then go out and fly.  When I get back from even a short flight, my whole attitude changes.  Very rewarding!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules