Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't activate Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller
4003 5 2019-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peregrine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 807759 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bought a new Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller (to replace my P4P): batteries charged, WiFi connected, logged into DJI account, aircraft linked. In DJI Go 4, the Aircraft Status recognizes the latest firmware, and even the aircraft's name. But the image is blank, an error in the top left says "Cannot take off." Under Overall Status, I get the message "Please activate your aircraft."

How in the heck do I do this?

All the searching I did shows the basic controller opening the DJI Go 4 app, and instantly going through a series of steps to activate the aircraft (name, control layout, etc), but I never got that -- the app just opens, and won't show me an image or let me do anything. (When I turn off the aircraft, I get the message "Aircraft disconnected," so the controller definitely knows it's there). And I can't find anywhere to "activate the aircraft" in the Smart Controller or anywhere else.

Please help -- extremely frustrated.
2019-7-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would recommend linking the Smart controller to the aircraft and launch the DJI GO 4 app to see if there will be an activation prompt. However, if the phenomenon persists, you may upgrade the firmware of the Mavic 2 Pro and Smart controller to see if there will be changes. The video tutorials for the linking and updating the unit would be included below. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you.

2019-7-14
Use props
Peregrine
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-14 15:12
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would recommend linking the Smart controller to the aircraft and launch the DJI GO 4 app to see if there will be an activation prompt. However, if the phenomenon persists, you may upgrade the firmware of the Mavic 2 Pro and Smart controller to see if there will be changes. The video tutorials for the linking and updating the unit would be included below. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you.

Thanks. As I mentioned the aircraft is already linked, and all the firmware has been updated to the current versions on both the aircraft and controller. When I launch the DJI Go 4 app, I do not get an activation prompt. The app knows the aircraft is connected, but doesn't think it's been activated. It even tells me that "Home point has been updated, please check it on the map," and gives me the distances of obstacles from the forward and backward sensors.

But I don't get a picture, only this message:
2019-7-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Peregrine Posted at 7-14 15:59
Thanks. As I mentioned the aircraft is already linked, and all the firmware has been updated to the current versions on both the aircraft and controller. When I launch the DJI Go 4 app, I do not get an activation prompt. The app knows the aircraft is connected, but doesn't think it's been activated. It even tells me that "Home point has been updated, please check it on the map," and gives me the distances of obstacles from the forward and backward sensors.

But I don't get a picture, only this message:

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Have you tried to clear cache or factory reset the application using the setting on the Smart controller? May I have the serial number of your aircraft and Smart controller via PM for further assistance? Please let us know the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-15
Use props
Peregrine
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-15 11:03
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Have you tried to clear cache or factory reset the application using the setting on the Smart controller? May I have the serial number of your aircraft and Smart controller via PM for further assistance? Please let us know the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

Thanks. Yes, I tried those.

I contacted customer support by phone today and they said there was something wrong with the drone and/or controller, as the aircraft had, in fact, been activated. So I'm sending it back.
2019-7-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Peregrine Posted at 7-15 19:01
Thanks. Yes, I tried those.

I contacted customer support by phone today and they said there was something wrong with the drone and/or controller, as the aircraft had, in fact, been activated. So I'm sending it back.

Hi, thanks for the update. We're sorry to know that you have to send the unit to our facility. No worries, the unit would be evaluated and an appropriate resolution would be provided. Please let us know if you have further concerns. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules