1247 6 2019-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkipC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4475866 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recently started seeing a major slowdown in my file transfer speeds from my Mavic 2 Zoom to my laptop. After 4 months it all of a sudden decreased from a consistent 67 - 70 mbps to around 17 mbps. Nothing has changed on my laptop nor with the external harddrive I am transferring to (has 4TB with only 25% used). I'm running Windows 10 latest. The target drive is kept reorged regularly. My next step is to reformat my SD ( Samsung 128 GB EVO) and if that does work replace SD card with another brand.Has anyone seen similar issues - Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance, Skip
2019-7-14
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

It could be moisture if you fly your drone in wet weather...
2019-7-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Skip. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the SD card that you are using. Please try to reformat the said SD Card to see if after this process if the issue will still persists. Just a reminder to please save all the important files on the SD card before you format it. Just in case that th SD card will not still work properly please purchase an SD card that is suggested for your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom for compatibility and reliability purposes. I will be posting this list of suggested SD Cards for the said drone. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.

2019-7-15
Use props
SkipC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4475866 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-15 10:26
Hello and good day Skip. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the SD card that you are using. Please try to reformat the said SD Card to see if after this process if the issue will still persists. Just a reminder to please save all the important files on the SD card before you format it. Just in case that th SD card will not still work properly please purchase an SD card that is suggested for your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom for compatibility and reliability purposes. I will be posting this list of suggested SD Cards for the said drone. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.

[view_image]

I did reformat the SD card with no improvement in transfer speed. I also tried moving the files to my internal SSD drive with only minor improvement instead of 18 mbps it performed at about 30 nbps but still nothing like the 68-70 mbps I had gotten for the first 4 months.
I also tried removing the card and inserting directly in my laptop but still only got 38 mbps.
I am starting to suspect something more subtle such as a side effect fro a Microsoft Windows update two of which were applied over the last few weeks
June 26, 2019—KB4509479 (OS Build 17763.593)
July 9, 2019—KB4507469 (OS Build 17763.615).
I may also switch to Sandisk SD card  though the other worked fine for months
I did switch to a 64GB SanDisk (brand) cat 3 card with no improvement

2019-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

SkipC Posted at 7-15 14:00
I did reformat the SD card with no improvement in transfer speed. I also tried moving the files to my internal SSD drive with only minor improvement instead of 18 mbps it performed at about 30 nbps but still nothing like the 68-70 mbps I had gotten for the first 4 months.
I also tried removing the card and inserting directly in my laptop but still only got 38 mbps.
I am starting to suspect something more subtle such as a side effect fro a Microsoft Windows update two of which were applied over the last few weeks

Thank you for the additional information you have shared with us SkipC. If you have any other concerns or inquiry with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2019-7-15
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Are youy transfering files from the drone itself using an USB cable or directly from the SD card?
2019-7-15
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

SkipC Posted at 7-15 14:00
I did reformat the SD card with no improvement in transfer speed. I also tried moving the files to my internal SSD drive with only minor improvement instead of 18 mbps it performed at about 30 nbps but still nothing like the 68-70 mbps I had gotten for the first 4 months.
I also tried removing the card and inserting directly in my laptop but still only got 38 mbps.

Another test you can try - disable antivirus (temporarily!) then try copying the files as it always impacts read/write speeds.
2019-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules