7274 92 2019-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Osmo Pocket Extension Rod and Waterproof case are now in stock.  
Extension Rod is $69.00 US
Waterproof Case is $49.00 US
2019-7-14
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

I almost bought both but there is literally no info or videos from DJI on how it works. I’m going to wait till the YouTube reviews come out first.
2019-7-14
Use props
Racingboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254754 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Just ordered the extension rod and the charging case.
I’m hoping on a fast delivery.

I’m only wondering if I need the Bluetooth dongle to use with my iPhone.
2019-7-14
Use props
djiuser_ZjnM76ZXWnnS
New

Sweden

Racingboy Posted at 7-14 21:51
Just ordered the extension rod and the charging case.
I’m hoping on a fast delivery.

According to the description you can connect the phone using cable or bluetooth:
"You can attach your phone to the phone holder, and use an Osmo Pocket Wireless Module or a connection cable (both sold independently) to control Osmo Pocket with the extension rod."
2019-7-14
Use props
cosmic68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 89042 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve never ordered things online from DJI (normally buy in store). How long does it usually take them to send stuff? Are they fast/slow?

I travel to Italy next week for holiday and ordered the rod. Wondering if there’s any chance it’ll arrive within 8 days?
2019-7-14
Use props
source05
lvl.1
France

Hello,
I was waiting for this extension rod but according to their website :
Osmo Pocket will charge the Extension Rod automatically when connected. The Extension Rod will run out of battery if not used for six months or longer. Please connect it to an Osmo Pocket to charge it.
As I use a usb-c cable, my Android is charged by the OP already and if the rod will be charged as well by the OP, not sure how much battery will be left for recording ...
Any one any idea ?
2019-7-14
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Man! I love to buy this, but Aliexpress or in Viet Nam does not see any store sell it yet!!!
2019-7-14
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

cosmic68 Posted at 7-14 22:58
I’ve never ordered things online from DJI (normally buy in store). How long does it usually take them to send stuff? Are they fast/slow?

I travel to Italy next week for holiday and ordered the rod. Wondering if there’s any chance it’ll arrive within 8 days?

It won’t arrive in time. I’ve never known DJI ship something until at least a week after you’ve paid. If you’re Lucky my guess would be 2 weeks, but from experience it’s far more likely to be 3-4 weeks.
When it’s an item that’s months late for which there is pent-up demand it can take a lot longer and certainly this was the case for the power-charger case which DJI advertised as “now available” a few weeks before shipping actually started.
On the plus side there is strong chance that until pent-up demand is sorted it won’t be available from dealers until quite a long time after that.

2019-7-15
Use props
Racingboy
lvl.3
  • >>>
Belgium

We will see and I will keep you guys posted.
It says 2-5 days after payment, so ideally it would be here next week.
2019-7-15
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Surprised at cost of waterproof case, was expecting it to cost more. Might just take a look at that price.
2019-7-15
Use props
IlliaVolkov
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Also ordered extension rod, hopefully get it tomorrow, cant wait to test it out.
2019-7-15
Use props
Sauliuslag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cosmic68 Posted at 7-14 22:58

Orders to UK arrive in 3-4 days by DHL
2019-7-15
Use props
dronieuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17018 ft
United Kingdom

Ordered the extension rod and as DJI charge a lot for delivery I 'had' to order the charging case too
2019-7-15
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

the waterproof case seems very good IMO

But, the extension rod kinda worries me.
It needs charge from the OP. It means less battery for it to operate. More over, to operate it optimally, we need to plug in either wireless base or phone adapter connection, which cost more battery life.
And here I hope extension rod will enables OP to be CHARGED while using it (by charging the extension rod using USB C or such).

As it is now, there is no real reason to buy it.
Just using 3rd party extension rod with connection to our phone already delivers mostly same experience.
2019-7-15
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Looks like a redesign on the waterproof case. Might account for some of the delay.

Now, it appears designed to work in "flashlight" mode.
2019-7-15
Use props
Saverio87
lvl.2
United States

Extension Rod is waterproof?
Or does it already exist similar?
2019-7-15
Use props
fans47e6ba09
lvl.2
United Kingdom

StardustGeass Posted at 7-15 03:50

I doubt the rod uses much charge from the pocket, it has no screen or moving parts itself.

The difference between this rod and the others is control of the device via buttons. It has a thumb pad joystick to move gimbal the and various buttons to change modes, start/stop etc. None of the existing rods allow you to control the device on the rod itself which is preferable to using the phone for actual shooting.
2019-7-15
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Given the delay, I already made a $20, DIY extension pole that I am quite happy with. And, with my power bank, and USB cable, I don't need the charging case.

It will be some time before the waterproof case shows up in Thailand. I really won't need it until Songkran anyway! By that time, I will have been able to read all the pros and cons.
2019-7-15
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7 Posted at 7-15 01:03
Surprised at cost of waterproof case, was expecting it to cost more. Might just take a look at that price.

Same here.  It was a no-brainer for me.  
2019-7-15
Use props
Racingboy
lvl.3
  • >>>
Belgium

I see in the DJI app that the order status changed to Shipped!
2019-7-15
Use props
Racingboy
lvl.3
  • >>>
Belgium

Strange things happen.
If I check the website the order is still processing and if I check the DJI app, the order is shipped.

You would expect that the website and app will give the same info.
2019-7-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've ordered the Rod.  I already have a PGYTech rod, and a painters pole rod.  But I think the physical controls will be preferable to phone control - like drones, you can't beat actual knobs and buttons.  And the more I use the Pocket on the poles I have, the more I think that a Pocket without a pole is like a DSLR without a memory card.  Or something.  I'm not fussed about the charging aspect - it's probably got a very small battery which is unlikely to have much impact on the running time of the Pocket - the wireless adapter will be much more significant.
2019-7-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I see there's a connector in the phone holder.  Presumably that gets connected to the phone with a short adapter cable (which I happen to have...) as an alternative to the wireless module.  Not including that cable is a bit mean, I would have thought.
2019-7-15
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I’m sure it must be me but what are you gaining with the extension pole?  A bit of height?  (How much extension?)
Looks like an opportunity missed to add a small power bank in the handle to supplement the OP already slightly meagre battery.

2019-7-15
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

As is typical with me and this dam toy, I ordered both right now. It is typical for them to ship within a day to Canada. I could see it Friday, but if not Monday. While I'm a SCUBA diver, I have no dates planned, but I see it as useful in the rain, or to lower from my Kayak into the water and take a look around. I think it will be the way I use it.

I am not concerned about the power draw of the extension. I tend to shoot for relatively short periods of time, so the OP can be charged in-between using the charging case I already have.

I'm also happy I don't have to read anymore complaint postings. I was tired of those.
2019-7-15
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7 Posted at 7-15 07:15
I’m sure it must be me but what are you gaining with the extension pole?  A bit of height?  (How much extension?)
Looks like an opportunity missed to add a small power bank in the handle to supplement the OP already slightly meagre battery.

3 feet of additional length or height. Remote controls on the rod make it easier and will give you smoother pans and tilts. Used correctly, it can be used like a Jib.

All sorts of good toys to add to your tool box .
2019-7-15
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

For once, I think the price for this 2 items are very reasonable. The extension rod for $4 more than the control wheel alone is a bargain and the the waterproof case came in well below what I thought it would cost. Ordering the stick now.
2019-7-15
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The rod have it's own battery as seen in the spec here:

Built-in Battery Type: LiPo

Battery Capacity: 65 mAh

Not enough to charge the OP but at least should not draw from it.
2019-7-15
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 7-15 05:58
I see there's a connector in the phone holder.  Presumably that gets connected to the phone with a short adapter cable (which I happen to have...) as an alternative to the wireless module.  Not including that cable is a bit mean, I would have thought.

That would be great as you can then use the mic adapter at the same time.
2019-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day BobWinNV. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these infromation regarding the availability of the DJI Osmo Pocket Extension Rod and the DJI Osmo Pocket Waterproof Case. Great find and thank you for your valued support.
2019-7-15
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Extension rod Battery Capacity: 65 mAh only, thought it just for button controls ....
2019-7-15
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

DJI should let us know how the buttons works, no user manual available at the moment........
2019-7-15
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

braddahjosh808 Posted at 7-14 21:22
I almost bought both but there is literally no info or videos from DJI on how it works. I’m going to wait till the YouTube reviews come out first.

Same here. As I wrote in another post, the UW setting seems to severely cripple the gimbal movements... I would dive the Osmo Pocket because of the stabilization. Without it it makes absolutely no sense to me...
Closing, although the black color looks cool, I don’t feel very comfortable not been able to see what going on inside in case of a leak. After all, this is a 55€ Plexiglass case not a 2.000€ Aluminum Ikelite.

Ps. I bought the Osmo Action as it seems that Rocksteady works well underwater.
2019-7-15
Use props
AlanZ42
lvl.1
United States

As a new forum member, I can't yet post a new thread, so I'll chime in on this one.

I just ordered the Extension Rod.  I already have the wireless module and the microphone adapter.
Will we be able to use a phone on the extension rod AND the microphone adapter at the same time?
  • Currently, the microphone adapter doesn't work with the wireless module (unless I missed some update)
  • If we use a wire to connect the phone to the Osmo Pocket, we have no method to connect the microphone adapter.
Any thoughts are appreciated.  

This is soooo close to being a great piece of equipment for my needs

Then my big wish item would remain to have some method of HDMI out , either through the device or a clean feed from a mobile device.  That would make it perfect for me, but I"ll discuss this in another thread.
2019-7-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2019-7-15
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

TheCameraGuy posted "I'm also happy I don't have to read anymore complaint postings. I was tired of those."

It's still early and no one has used it yet!
2019-7-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Alan - As the phone is connected to the base of the rod, you can attach the mic adapter to the base of the Pocket - or so it appears.
2019-7-15
Use props
Racingboy
lvl.3
  • >>>
Belgium

Got a tracking code this night!
Still no date of delivery, I hope it’s still this week.
2019-7-15
Use props
IlliaVolkov
lvl.4

China

Finally got my extension rod, feels solid, now it's more convenient to do sort of "infinity roll" in FPV mode
IMG_20190716_133837.jpg
2019-7-15
Use props
dronieuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17018 ft
United Kingdom

@Racingboy, depending on the delivery company sometimes the tracking codes don't work until they arrive into the country of destination.
2019-7-15
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules